Alice In Chains reunion - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 AM   #21
showmebloodf**ers
Rotting Corpse

showmebloodf**ers is wondering who told Tom Cruise to run in every movie he is in..

Damn I wish he was still around. I remember watching their Unplugged show on MTV. When he came out and the audience went nuts, I got a chill. I put that album in every now and then and to this day it has the same effect. What a great fuckin band.
showmebloodf**ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
MATT PYTHON
It... Won't... Die...

MATT PYTHON is Peace, MFers!

Send a message via MSN to MATT PYTHON Send a message via Yahoo to MATT PYTHON

So, the new song is growing on me a bit....

As soon as it starts you know you are hearing Chains.

Cantrell sings for pretty much most of the song as far as I can tell so I can't say too much about the new singer. Hope he gets to really cut loose on the new album and show us what he's got. I don't think Cantrell would bring in a bum to restart the band.

I like the chorus a lot but can't help but wonder how awesome it would sound if it were Layne belting it out. Layne's voice is irreplaceable.

The song seems like it drags a bit with some lyrics that seem like filler.

But, fuck it. Chains is back! I'll pick up the disc for sure.

/
MATT PYTHON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #23
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

R.I.P Layne

not gonna be the same
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #24
Slashtastic
Rotting Corpse

Slashtastic is missing his GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT PYTHON View Post
So, the new song is growing on me a bit....

As soon as it starts you know you are hearing Chains.

Cantrell sings for pretty much most of the song as far as I can tell so I can't say too much about the new singer. Hope he gets to really cut loose on the new album and show us what he's got. I don't think Cantrell would bring in a bum to restart the band.

I like the chorus a lot but can't help but wonder how awesome it would sound if it were Layne belting it out. Layne's voice is irreplaceable.

The song seems like it drags a bit with some lyrics that seem like filler.

But, fuck it. Chains is back! I'll pick up the disc for sure.
The new singer is Comes with the Fall vocalist William DuVall. I'm not too familiar with their work, but I caught them live when they opened for Jerry Cantrell, when I went to review the gig at London's Mean Fiddler, back in the early 00's.

During Cantrell's set they played a lot of Alice In Chains classics, which I was really ecstatic about, considering I unfortunately never got to see AIC live (great band!). DuVall came on to fill in for Layne Staley's vocals. Obviously he's not a patch on the late Staley, who was one of the greatest frontmen of recent times. But never the less, Duvall did a fine job, and the late AIC singer would have been proud.

I'm a little skeptical about a Alice in Chains reunion without Layne Staley. For me Staley together with Jerry Cantrell are AIC. Staley not being there, seems to be a Jerry Cantrell solo project. But I want to be open minded and not dismiss it, until I've heard the album in it's entirety. I'll be downloading the LP for sure!

Last edited by Slashtastic; 07-18-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Slashtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
Slashtastic
Rotting Corpse

Yeah, this new AIC song is really starting to grow on me now. The more I listen, the more I am interested in getting the new album :

Old 07-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #26
jarofsap
I Eat Brains!

jarofsap is an anteater

new song has solidified with me as a possible killer tune for the ages. nothing like the early stuff, but i'm a fanboy for that shit, and i don't expect anything to ever touch that kinda quality again.

don't care much for the new video though. seems pointless. just show the band, in a room, playing the song. get the sad looking nobody's out of rock videos. i don't care about your shitty life.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #27
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarofsap View Post

don't care much for the new video though. seems pointless. just show the band, in a room, playing the song. get the sad looking nobody's out of rock videos. i don't care about your shitty life.

Agreed. Why cant they just show the band rockin' out ?

I'm liking the tune and it's good to see them soldiering on without Layne. I'm open to the idea of a band continuing with a new frontman. Hey, if it worked for AC/DC....
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #28
Slashtastic
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarofsap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
Agreed. Why cant they just show the band rockin' out ?
Yeah, you're both right. For a comeback single, we want to be seeing the new AIC rocking in the video! We want to get a look at what this new era in the band's history is going to be like; get a feel for them playing live.

Quote:
I'm liking the tune and it's good to see them soldiering on without Layne. I'm open to the idea of a band continuing with a new frontman. Hey, if it worked for AC/DC....
AC/DC are one of the very few bands to have two great frontmen, in Bon Scott and then Brian Johnson. Sadly, the same didn't work for Black Sabbath after Ozzy left.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
DannyTsk8er78
The Living Dead

DannyTsk8er78 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to DannyTsk8er78

I'm actually really digging the new song. You can tell it's AIC right from the start.
DannyTsk8er78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #30
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Dreamkiller666 is In The Land Of The Metal God's

sounds awesome. Very impressed this new AIC could work.
Dreamkiller666 is offline   Reply With Quote