Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 94 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 02-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #931
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
That's making excuses...and bad ones at that. Regardless of why TCM 2 or the other sequels are the way they are, they're all pretty bad, & some of the worst horror movie sequels of all time. TCM 3D may not be a piece of filmmaking gold but it's certainly better than those entries.
No one comes on here and talks about Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 like that! It may not have been Oscar worthy or anything but it had something near and dear to me that none of the other sequels had, Choptop. I know it is not as good as the original but in my humble opinion it is the 2nd best one in the series.

I now feel obligated to torrent this fucker so I can elaborate more and use valid opinions on the movie because from of bein what I hear its not even worthy of being called a piece of filmmaking shit. I will be back soon to further comment on it.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #932
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post

TCM 2 is a good movie and quite popular at that. It has developed a large cult following and is an absolute blast.

TCM3d makes Part 2 look like the Godfather. 3D will be written off as being as terrible as The Next Generation.
TCM 3D is nowhere near as bad as The Next Generation, which is entirely absent of a plot, even mildly decent characters, or anything remotely good. It even fucked up heavily when concerning Leatherface, delivering one of the worst interpretations of the character to date.

Even with all of it's flaws, TCM 3D at least keeps Leatherface interesting, & as a very effective beast.

Like I said, I don't consider TCM 2 to be horrendous, but it's not great. It's fun, but it's not any better or worse than 3D is. Bill Moseley is great, the portrayal of Leatherface, although subpar to Hansen, is still good, & it has Jim Siedow. Part three has some moments that I like, as well as featuring Ken Foree, but part four is completely fucking terrible with no redeeming qualities at all.

The original, remake, & prequel are the best of the franchise, imo, followed by 3D, part two, three, & then lastly, the shit-turd that is TNG.

I will admit I've been too harsh on parts two & three, perhaps, but there is no fucking way anyone can tell me with a straight face that 3D is as bad or worse than TNG. No.Fucking.Way.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #933
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
That's making excuses...and bad ones at that. Regardless of why TCM 2 or the other sequels are the way they are, they're all pretty bad, & some of the worst horror movie sequels of all time. TCM 3D may not be a piece of filmmaking gold but it's certainly better than those entries.
No, the fuck it ain't. Unless you count the bullshit twist ending, TCM3D didn't even have a family featured in the movie. Or ANY memorable characters. Unless Alexandria Daddio's breasts count as memorable characters.

Name one decent character in it besides Leatherface. TCM 2 had Lefty Enright, Stretch, Chop-Top, The Cook, L.G. and although they went with the Bubba's in love angle; Leatherface. Besides, goofy splatter or not, that opening bridge scene where the yuppies get served is more memorable than anything in TCM3D.

Leatherface isn't an anti-hero and the original timeline wasn't the late 80's. A movie where lame ass unknown shitty Texass actors as keystone cops are the real villains is a shitty TCM movie.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #934
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
No, the fuck it ain't. Unless you count the bullshit twist ending, TCM3D didn't even have a family featured in the movie. Or ANY memorable characters. Unless Alexandria Daddio's breasts count as memorable characters.
It wasn't supposed to have a family featured in the movie. And I didn't say any of the characters were memorable, I said that Leatherface was at least kept as he should be.

Quote:
Name one decent character in it besides Leatherface. TCM 2 had Lefty Enright, Stretch, Chop-Top, The Cook, L.G. and although they went with the Bubba's in love angle; Leatherface. Besides, goofy splatter or not, that opening bridge scene where the yuppies get served is more memorable than anything in TCM3D.
There's nothing particularly wrong with Alexandra Daddario's character, she just suffers from being riddled with every final girl cliche that's ever existed. But, again, I didn't say that TCM 3D had any incredibly memorable characters.

Quote:
Leatherface isn't an anti-hero and the original timeline wasn't the late 80's. A movie where lame ass unknown shitty Texass actors as keystone cops are the real villains is a shitty TCM movie.
Say what you will, but it's still better than The Next Generation.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #935
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Quote:
Agreed. I enjoyed Texas Chainsaw 3D way more than that entry and even a little bit more than part III.
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #936
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Everything's better than that TCM:The Jerry Springer show piece of shit. Although I really appreciate how nuts McConaughey and his hydraulic knee brace was.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #937
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:

I will admit I've been too harsh on parts two & three, perhaps, but there is no fucking way anyone can tell me with a straight face that 3D is as bad or worse than TNG. No.Fucking.Way.
I absolutely think its worse than the next generation. It has one of the worst plot progressions I've ever seen in a horror film, just as bad if not worse acting, terrible CGI special-effects, a stupid non-scary leather face, and all around very little entertainment value. The next generation is at least funny in a kind of poppy b movie way. This movie was just ass. Complete ass.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #938
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I absolutely think its worse than the next generation. It has one of the worst plot progressions I've ever seen in a horror film, just as bad if not worse acting, terrible CGI special-effects, a stupid non-scary leather face, and all around very little entertainment value. The next generation is at least funny in a kind of poppy b movie way. This movie was just ass. Complete ass.
The Next Generation isn't funny at all, it's a pathetic piece of filmmaking that is complete & utter shit. TCM 3D is a lot better than TNG, & considering exactly how fucking bad TNG is, that's saying a lot. 3D doesn't have the most amazing plot ever, but it's leagues above TNG's bullshit.

The performances in TNG are utter shit all across the board, & Leatherface was awful. Again, it's the worst portrayal of the character yet. Dan Yeager's Leatherface easily trumps that performance by miles & miles.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #939
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

This is like comparing dog shit to cow shit. They're both some of the worst horror films ever made...... In my opinionů For those of you who like to throw the opinion argument out there constantly.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #940
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

TC3D is nowhere near as bad as TNG. TC3D is dumb but is at least, IMO, enjoyable.

Outside of McConaughy's performance TNG is REALLLLLY hard to watch.

The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote