Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 41 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 AM   #401
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Tetsuo View Post
I see what you're saying, the age thing doesn't make that much a difference. But one of the scenes in the film, reportedly has Leatherface running through a carnival, wielding a chainsaw, and killing all in his way...
Okay. That might be cool in 3D, but my hopes are still drowning in a rapper-turned-actor cesspool.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 AM   #402
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

I'm not sold on this at all.

It's going to take more than a bunch of cameos to get me excited.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #403
Cretin
Not Dead Yet

Cretin has no status.

Trey Songz?

Reeaally ? I don't know about this one to be honest.
Cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #404
staindFAN
Rotting Corpse

staindFAN is hiding mother in the fruit cellar

At first, I was all for this film, with the exception of the 3D. The more I hear now though, I have my doubts. Im not liking the story line all that much. There is like 4 writers attached to this thing! Jumbled mess. The cast sounds ridiculous, Trey Songz? (sigh) Now I read about them casting youngsters for a pool party scene? Really? (sigh) Chainsaw has always been one of my favorite franchises, so more then likely I will check it out. With that being said though, I will hold out on further judgment until I start seeing some stills and a trailer. I hope this can be descent at the most, but Im not convinced thus far.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #405
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindFAN View Post
I hope this can be descent at the most, but Im not convinced thus far.
Does the TCM script include subterrestrial, purblind humanoids? I suppose that could work.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #406
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Not sure what the big gripe is with Trey Songz being in it. I'm sure he can't do any worse than some of the other actors in it.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #407
Great Sage
Not Dead Yet

Great Sage is King Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife of the Party View Post
Dude. There are a lot of people in their 50s and 60s who can kick ass. Especially if Leeatherface has spent his whole life killing people and eating flesh (a strict meat diet). Remember that with the Grandpa character, cannibalism makes his family live longer.
His gout would be murder.
Great Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #408
Heathen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobili View Post
Not sure what the big gripe is with Trey Songz being in it. I'm sure he can't do any worse than some of the other actors in it.
The problem is that Hollywood almost always injects b-boy dialog and ridiculously overaggressive attudinizing into the parts of young, black characters. Every scene with him will suck hard, possibly to no fault of his own.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #409
magnaderalpha
Fresh Kill

magnaderalpha has no status.

Though, that's kinda the downside to modern culture. If it's a black character, they try to make hims all hard-ass ghetto. If it's a white character, they either go the dudebro route, or the douchebag route(or even both).
magnaderalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #410
Heathen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnaderalpha View Post
Though, that's kinda the downside to modern culture. If it's a black character, they try to make hims all hard-ass ghetto. If it's a white character, they either go the dudebro route, or the douchebag route(or even both).
In horror, dudebros and douchebags are generally more entertaining, and their deaths are usually cheered. The hardass ghetto types provide little comic relief and shout nonstop slang dialog. I hope writers of the new TCM break this forumula, but with all the cameos, the 3D, and other trappings, I don't see that happening.

The last slasher that featured a decent young, black, male character was probably Hatchet.