Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 116 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #1151
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post

Btw, did anyone notice how the producer (Carl Mazzocone), Gunnar, & a few other people kept taking shots at Platinum Dunes & their remake on the behind the scenes featurettes? Gunnar kept poking few at Andrew's Leatherface, so it makes me wonder what he really thinks of him, especially considering Andrew doesn't have the best reputation.
Of course, he'd make fun of a Leatherface that pinged somewhere between steroid freak and emo leper. Hewitt was as much of a hybrid ripoff of Voorhees/Dollarhyde as TNG's Leatherfarce was a ripoff of Buffalo Bill. That damned remake would've been so much less without Ermey's infusion of black humor. The drill sergeant really stole the show.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #1152
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Of course, he'd make fun of a Leatherface that pinged somewhere between steroid freak and emo leper. Hewitt was as much of a hybrid ripoff of Voorhees/Dollarhyde as TNG's Leatherfarce was a ripoff of Buffalo Bill. That damned remake would've been so much less without Ermey's infusion of black humor. The drill sergeant really stole the show.
Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with Andrew's Leatherface aside from the fact that he had a lot of Voorhees-esque qualities. I do think his performance in both films was solid, but at the end of the day I prefer Gunnar & Yeager. Overall, they both clocked in better performances & unlike Andrew they aren't dickheads in real life. Fighting fans at a convention? Who does that?

But yeah, Ermey did steal the show, you'll get no argument there. Anytime I watch the movie I always find myself immensely enjoying his scenes. Every fucking time.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #1153
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with Andrew's Leatherface aside from the fact that he had a lot of Voorhees-esque qualities. I do think his performance in both films was solid, but at the end of the day I prefer Gunnar & Yeager. Overall, they both clocked in better performances & unlike Andrew they aren't dickheads in real life. Fighting fans at a convention? Who does that?

But yeah, Ermey did steal the show, you'll get no argument there. Anytime I watch the movie I always find myself immensely enjoying his scenes. Every fucking time.
Even baldy headed fucker from Hatchet II was fine in TCMIII:Leatherface. RC Mikhailkoff or who-the-fuck-ever his name is. The issue was more that his mannerisms and the whole concept of an enthusiastically raping impregnating Leatherface come across as an actively malicious brute rather than the frightened cornered animal of the original simply protecting his territory.

Of course, I think TCMIII should be universally regarded as a reboot itself. For one, Leatherface was never a zombie or superhuman so when Dennis Hopper chainsawed his guts out that version of the character was dead. End of story.

It really makes things much easier to imagine a bunch of different inbred clans of the same tribe roaming the Southwest doing the whole cannibalism thing and passing on the mantle of Leatherface to the biggest strongest yet dumbest; the mental midget alpha male of their bunch.

Getting back to Andrew I could never really tell that Hewitt was severely retarded either; just a slow witted oft mocked mute.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #1154
Khalil
Not Dead Yet

Khalil has no status.

I've seen a lot of movies but none of them try to make me sympathetic towards a serial killing cannibal. That with all the logical errors(timeline), idiotic logic(there is a long list of them), poor direction and acting makes this one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #1155
Do0kie89
Rotting Corpse

Do0kie89 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
I've seen a lot of movies but none of them try to make me sympathetic towards a serial killing cannibal. That with all the logical errors(timeline), idiotic logic(there is a long list of them), poor direction and acting makes this one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
It was terrible, but the two main bishes were hot at least

Do0kie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #1156
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

I can still enjoy this movie as mindless entertainment. It's not good by any means & adds nothing unique or worthwhile to the series, but it's a good way to spend an hour & a half if you turn your brain off (completely).

I highly doubt that sequel they were going to make will actually come to fruition, though. hahaha