Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 101 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #1001
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
I honestly think for the time being a classic film is a thing of the past. I also think Hollywood has lost its way and cannot put out much in terms of something that withstands the test of time. I much prefer lower budget ind films made by people who dont kow what it is like to get rich of of a film and are unaffected by greed.
I don't care if the budget is 50,000 or 50 million. Good movies can be made either way.

This kind of trash shouldn't be made at all. Honestly TCM3D is kind of a turning point in modern horror for me. Unless a movie is "fun" and campy in a self-aware, perhaps comical or meta way, I really doubt I'll buy into it again.

I'm sick of this formula. I'm sick of seeing the same fucking bullshit. Shitty acting, CGI blood, stupid fuck characters, nonsensical idiocy. If you want to try something new, give it some thought. Put some time into it. There is no excuse for such worthless shit being fed to us.

Edit

I'm not asking for some substantial or thematic masterpiece... I don't need something that means anything, just really put your heart and minds into it. I love Troma for this reason. They know exactly what they're doing, and don't apologize for it. They don't throw bullshit together to make a quick buck and get every teenager in the world to the theaters.

Last edited by The Revelator; 02-04-2013 at 05:01 PM.
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #1002
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
Im sorry
lol For what? Honestly its not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Its just 90 minutes of dumb fun and nothing more.

Plus on another note do we really have to go and actually insult one another in terms of just talking about a stupid movie that will be forgotten in a years time?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by zaglewiz; 02-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #1003
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

I remember when I first heard about this being made I was so excited about it. It actually could have been great if someone who is a rue fan of the franchise wrote and directed it but apparently that wasnt possible. I miss the good ole days of 70s and 80s horor.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #1004
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
I remember when I first heard about this being made I was so excited about it. It actually could have been great if someone who is a rue fan of the franchise wrote and directed it but apparently that wasnt possible. I miss the good ole days of 70s and 80s horor.
I miss those days to

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #1005
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
I honestly think for the time being a classic film is a thing of the past. I also think Hollywood has lost its way and cannot put out much in terms of something that withstands the test of time. I much prefer lower budget ind films made by people who dont kow what it is like to get rich of of a film and are unaffected by greed.
As long as there are movies like Django Unchained or The Master or any given Fincher movie, we don't have to bitch about unclassy and shitty stuff.
Though, Hollywood improved a lot over the years but right now we are unfortunately in a hole of those often unspeakable remakes and other uninspired plots and shit movies. As long as you have a good sense for what is good or not, you don't have to fear that much hitting on a shitty movie. Just stick to your guns and don't get too emotional about the 80-90% shit outcome of Hollywood products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I don't care if the budget is 50,000 or 50 million. Good movies can be made either way.

This kind of trash shouldn't be made at all. Honestly TCM3D is kind of a turning point in modern horror for me. Unless a movie is "fun" and campy in a self-aware, perhaps comical or meta way, I really doubt I'll buy into it again.

I'm sick of this formula. I'm sick of seeing the same fucking bullshit. Shitty acting, CGI blood, stupid fuck characters, nonsensical idiocy. If you want to try something new, give it some thought. Put some time into it. There is no excuse for such worthless shit being fed to us.

Edit

I'm not asking for some substantial or thematic masterpiece... I don't need something that means anything, just really put your heart and minds into it. I love Troma for this reason. They know exactly what they're doing, and don't apologize for it. They don't throw bullshit together to make a quick buck and get every teenager in the world to the theaters.
no further word needed on that.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #1006
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:

Edit

This right here.

I don't look for Oscar winning masterpieces when it comes to horror. Just a bit of actual thought and creativity will suffice.
3: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
4: The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug
6: The Matrix
5: Forrest Gump
7: Bram Stokers Dracula
8: Basic Instinct
9: Dallas Buyers Club
10: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #1007
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post

This right here.

I don't look for Oscar winning masterpieces when it comes to horror. Just a bit of actual thought and creativity will suffice.
I was thinking that maybe they should make the next movie a period piece & film it like House of the Devil, where it actually looks like it was filmed in that time era, as opposed to giving it that fresh, polished Hollywood look & feel.

Something new just needs to be done, & not just anything, something that's good. Otherwise, all of these franchises are going to permanently run out of steam due to always trying to copy one another & constantly failing.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #1008
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post

Oxley at full throttle, I am lost for words as well.
Worthless piece of PMS blood... Oh my.

Quote:

Well said.

Troma RUUUUULES.

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #1009
The Geek
It... Won't... Die...

The Geek is eating shit and dying!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

Troma RUUUUULES.

I drink to that!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #1010
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

I wouldn't mind the sequel being Heather & Leatherface vs the entire town.

I want Heather to be completely fucked up and demented just like her relatives.

or how about if lionsgate has to balls to kill Leatheface and have Heather seek revenge for her cousin.
NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote