Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 100 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #991
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
Is this seriously what we've reverted to?
Seems like it, but I'm done. Not gonna waste anymore of my time with two people and their shitty posts stemming from the mere fact that I share a differing opinion. All seems quite childish when you break it down, eh?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #992
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:
Is this seriously what we've reverted to?

Apparently so. Im sure it will be dealt with in due time.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #993
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
Looks like BD is slowly getting back to normal...

I don't think anyone in here is calling TCM3D a "good" movie. The most positive thing I've read that anyone has said is that it is mindless entertainment. That's fine, though I still disagree. To me, there was nothing entertaining about it, it was just poor film making. period.

Correct me if I am wrong. If someone actually does think this movie is good, then we have a problem.
Yeah I didn't have fun with it at all.

Edit

I was doing ok until about halfway through... it started to be less fun in a b-movie way and started to just be utterly stupid.

My major problem is the last 20 or so minutes.

Spoiler Below
"ohhhhh you just brutally murdered my best friends and everybody I ever cared about is dead! But you're my cuz so I'll help you kill innocent people"

That on top of a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE set of CGI deaths (the mayor, who we should have been rooting for, getting killed in a grinder) and some of the dumbest bullshit I've ever seen in a movie (Let's have her grandmother be played by the hero in the original and have the whole stupid fucking movie take place because Heather is too stupid a cunt to read a letter that she was told is incredibly important). Oh, and lets not show a single tit in the whole movie.

The usual horror movie cliches didn't really bother me, but as they were clearly trying to do soemthing new and edgy, it just pisses me off in retrospective.

There is some constructive criticism. Now you future filmmakers out there, take note. Oh, and Tobe Hooper, fuck you for saying this is a great sequel just because they stuck a shit load of cash in your pocket.

I totally checked out and couldn't wait for this embarrassment to end.

Last edited by The Revelator; 02-04-2013 at 05:40 PM.
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #994
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Yeah I didn't have fun with it at all.
What would you say they'd need to fix if a sequel actually was made?

Me? I'd say go back to the old, very original TCM formula of "less is more". For people that claimed to be large fans of the original movie, they didn't seem to pay close attention.

One of the best things about the original is that it shows pieces, & not the entire thing, which amps up the scare factor.

They also need to get rid of making every character a complete throw-away. People seem to have gotten past going to a movie just to cheer for people to be killed, so I'd like to see characters that are interesting for once. Stop making the final girl do the same shit...falling down, running, screaming for help, etc.

Make something that can stand on it's own two legs & challenge the rules of the genre rather than following all of the cliches. Make the villain more scary by not making him remotely sympathetic. Give him character, but show him as a serious force.

Just my suggestions. I enjoy TCM 3D for what it is, but in all honesty, when I go to see a Texas Chainsaw movie I want to be in fear. The original & the remake still have that effect, but there wasn't ever one instance where this movie was scary or shocking.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #995
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
What would you say they'd need to fix if a sequel actually was made?

Me? I'd say go back to the old, very original TCM formula of "less is more". For people that claimed to be large fans of the original movie, they didn't seem to pay close attention.

One of the best things about the original is that it shows pieces, & not the entire thing, which amps up the scare factor.

They also need to get rid of making every character a complete throw-away. People seem to have gotten past going to a movie just to cheer for people to be killed, so I'd like to see characters that are interesting for once. Stop making the final girl do the same shit...falling down, running, screaming for help, etc.

Make something that can stand on it's own two legs & challenge the rules of the genre rather than following all of the cliches. Make the villain more scary by not making him remotely sympathetic. Give him character, but show him as a serious force.

Just my suggestions. I enjoy TCM 3D for what it is, but in all honesty, when I go to see a Texas Chainsaw movie I want to be in fear. The original & the remake still have that effect, but there wasn't ever one instance where this movie was scary or shocking.
They need to pretend this abortion doesn't exist and start from scratch. Or just put a nail in the coffin for the series. Clearly we will never have a competent filmmaker make a decent sequel. That bird has flown. At least the original can never be harmed.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #996
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
They need to pretend this abortion doesn't exist and start from scratch. Or just put a nail in the coffin for the series. Clearly we will never have a competent filmmaker make a decent sequel. That bird has flown. At least the original can never be harmed.
I think that's a major problem with a lot of horror movies these days, especially ones that are already established franchises. They just get anybody in Hollywood to do it. They hire them, have them watch the original, & then pay them to say they're fans when you know they're fucking lying.

I would like to see another great TCM film, & one that's less entertaining, and more "oh shit ". I think the problem with Texas Chainsaw 3D is I enjoyed it too much, because I could pinpoint what was going to happen, it was typical slasher fare.

But the original & the remake created that nail-biting effect that none of the other movies got right. It may never happen, but I'd like for them to get someone like Bryan Bertino to direct one of these movies. The Strangers was wildly effective, & was superb at building tension and actually being scary. Bertino wrote & directed, so I absolutely believe he could handle a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #997
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

We shouldn't have to settle for mediocre and "fun".

Give us a good movie.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #998
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

....You mother fucking worthless piece of PMS blood.

How dare you. Bitch you lucky I'm no mod. Insulting the man like that would be like opening a can of Inst-o-ban. I'm lost for words. Faith. On. Humanity. Slipping, slipping.

Oxley at full throttle, I am lost for words as well.
Worthless piece of PMS blood... Oh my.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #999
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:

Give us a good movie.
Yep, something that encompasses every element a great horror movie should embody. We don't need some hack that's trying to be creative, we need someone who's actually creative.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #1000
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:

Give us a good movie.
I honestly think for the time being a classic film is a thing of the past. I also think Hollywood has lost its way and cannot put out much in terms of something that withstands the test of time. I much prefer lower budget ind films made by people who dont kow what it is like to get rich of of a film and are unaffected by greed.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote