Scream 3 (1999) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Default Scream 3 (1999)

"Scream 3"....An enjoyable sequel and fine finish to this wonderful slasher trilogy. Solid directing by Wes Craven, fine screenplay by Ehren Kruger(although I hoped Kevin Williamson would have wrote it ), terrific cast, fun mix of characters, and awesome music score. Courteney Cox Arquette(sporting a most gross color of hair/style that makes her look old), Neve Campbell, and David Arquette are all wonderful once again. I like that "Dewey" and "Gale" got engaged in this one. The backstory of Maureen Prescott fits in well with the movie. It had some surprises, but everything gelled pretty good. I think the 1st time I watched this I was a bit surprised that "Roman" turned out to be the killer..and Syd's brother too. Parker Posey as "Jennifer" is a hoot to watch..even though the character is played so over the top and campy. All in all....this 3rd installment ties up the loose ends and allows a few characters a sense of closure. I have always loved this series!!

8.5/10

Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 05-09-2011 at 12:16 AM.
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

This was good and should have ended here. I have a feeling part 4 is gonna be pretty shitty compared to the original trilogy.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
C. Carmelon
BANNED

C. Carmelon is admitting he shot the sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
This was good and should have ended here. I have a feeling part 4 is gonna be pretty shitty compared to the original trilogy.
It wasn't shitty, but I didn't think it was as good as the first three, but that's what I think, many seem to say it's the best since the original. One thing everyone agrees on is that there's a decent twist in the film.
C. Carmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
Wednesday
Fresh Kill

Wednesday has no status.

A bad sequel with (a few) redeeming qualities, much like the fourth one. I feel this is where the series started moving too far in the meta-direction, to the point where it was hard to take any of the events seriously. The ending is the worst in the series for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which being the total retcon of the first two.
Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
Uber-Jason
The Living Dead

Uber-Jason has no status.

Scream 3 was a fun flick. The hype for that film was incredible, I was only in 8th grade when it came out but there was a HUGE buzz for it. Everyone went to see it, and most people where just kinda...so-so about it. I think the enormous hype, and the hesitance of violence in film at the time, gave it an uphill battle. People wanted a tasteful violence, but they'd bitch if the film wussed out on blood, but cite it as indulgent if it gave too much. A tightrope horror was once again in.

Regardless, I saw it in theaters, I liked it a lot and I LOVED the suspense of guessing who the killer was. By the time I'd seen the first two, they were "old" and everyone had spoiled the endings through talk, but 3 was the first where I got to enjoy the "Who dunnit" first hand, and I dug it.

The funniest shit ever located here...
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...r=asc&start=20
Uber-Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
Uber-Jason
The Living Dead

Uber-Jason has no status.

PS I do recall, at the time in 2000, being irked that a sissy like Roman could actually take down a linebacker like Patrick Warburton.

The funniest shit ever located here...
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...r=asc&start=20
Uber-Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Godzilla
aka Boobzilla

Godzilla is deep in the Canyon

Saw this opening night, and was very underwhelmed by it all. Just found it to be lackluster, and 3 is without a doubt my least favorite out of all the Scream films.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

I think Scream 3 is pretty enjoyable although it's my least favourite of the series (I think this might be said a lot on this thread!).
It was good fun but not in the least bit scary.
Actually, i'm sure there's already a Scream 3 thread that i've posted something similar on already...

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
mikedh007
Not Dead Yet

mikedh007 has no status.

It's the least enjoyable of the first three to me. End felt too retconsih.
mikedh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #10
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Scream 3"....An enjoyable sequel and fine finish(or so we thought) to this wonderful slasher trilogy(again...so we thought). Solid directing by Wes Craven, fine screenplay by Ehren Kruger(hoped Kevin Williamson would have wrote it though), terrific cast, fun mix of characters, and awesome music score. Courtney Cox Arquette(with ugly hair and hair color that makes her look old), Neve Campbell, and David Arquette are all wonderful once again. I like that "Dewey" and "Gale" got engaged in this one. The backstory of Maureen Prescott fits in well with the movie. It had some surprises, but everything gelled pretty good. I think the 1st time I watched this I was a bit surprised that "Roman" turned out to be the killer..and Syd's brother too. Parker Posey as "Jennifer" is a hoot to watch..even though the character( might annoy some people) is written and played so over the top and campy. All in all this 3rd installment ties up the loose ends and allows a few characters a sense of closure. I have always loved this series!!

8.5/10