Tool Working On New Album - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #51
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
Tool's new album will be just as good as everyone expects. This is a band that has yet to disappoint.
I hope so. While I wouldn't say it was a disappointment, there was a bit too much filler in 10,000 Days. I want more actual songs this time around.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #52
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
I hope so. While I wouldn't say it was a disappointment, there was a bit too much filler in 10,000 Days. I want more actual songs this time around.
Definately. Half the album was interludes, and the few songs on the album, save for about two, aren't exactly up to the platinum standard they set with Aenima and Lateralus. It almost felt like a B-sides album.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #53
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Definately. Half the album was interludes, and the few songs on the album, save for about two, aren't exactly up to the platinum standard they set with Aenima and Lateralus. It almost felt like a B-sides album.
It felt like half interludes, half Lateralus off cuts.

Saying that though the first half is killer. I love Jambi and the Wings for Marie two parter. 8 years is a long wait for instrumentals so I hope they step up and deliver. I'd like another album closer to Aenima.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #54
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
It felt like half interludes, half Lateralus off cuts.

Saying that though the first half is killer. I love Jambi and the Wings for Marie two parter.
Ha! those were the two I was thinking of. I also really dig Rosettta Stoned as well.

Quote:
8 years is a long wait for instrumentals so I hope they step up and deliver. I'd like another album closer to Aenima.
I think what we need from Tool, if they want to continue experimenting with long, strange instrumentals, is a solid double album. It's been a while. Last band I can remember doing one of note, were The Smashing Pumpins.

Given the length of an average Tool song, and their absurd hiatus', a double album would be more than appropriate. We deserve one.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #55
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Ha! those were the two I was thinking of. I also really dig Rosettta Stoned as well.
Rosetta Stoned is another good one as is The Pot.

Quote:
I think what we need from Tool, if they want to continue experimenting with long, strange instrumentals, is a solid double album. It's been a while. Last band I can remember doing one of note, were The Smashing Pumpins.

Given the length of an average Tool song, and their absurd hiatus', a double album would be more than appropriate. We deserve one.
If there's one band who should put out a double it's certainly these guys.
They could do one disc of songs and the other for their more experimental, instrumental type stuff.

Sadly, I don't think these guys really care about their fans. Not so much the actually band, but Maynard treats us with contempt.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #56
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
We do deserve one more thing as well. That would be a big fat live DVD/Blu-ray, just like they always promised. But that was a veeery long time ago.
Quote:
Sadly, I don't think these guys really care about their fans. Not so much the actually band, but Maynard treats us with contempt.
Maynard has become a godamn sob of a diva, lost lots of his former awesome voice power and acts out like a huge pussy, at least sometimes.
Would suit him better if he cut the crap and train more his voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #57
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

Quote:
I see what you mean but, in my opinion, the quality of the songs on 10,000 Days was up to par with their other material. In fact, I can't think of any of the actual songs on the album that were at all lackluster.

Quote:
I agree. A double album would be awesome. Then again, we might have to wait something like 20 years before their next album afterward, given how long they like to wait between releases.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #58
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
I see what you mean but, in my opinion, the quality of the songs on 10,000 Days was up to par with their other material. In fact, I can't think of any of the actual songs on the album that were at all lackluster.
I love 10,000 Days. The songs aren't of a lesser quality, Jambi is one of the best tracks they've done.

Quote:
I agree. A double album would be awesome. Then again, we might have to wait something like 20 years before their next album afterward, given how long they like to wait between releases.
I'll be in a nursing home by the time they release their next album.

Maynard needs to get off the vineyard, stop fucking around with Pucsifer and concentrate on Tool.

Speaking of, has anyone ever sampled his wine ?

They don't import to AUS. I wonder if it's any good.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #59
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

Quote:
Speaking of, has anyone ever sampled his wine ?

They don't import to AUS. I wonder if it's any good.
I've heard it's alright, but I can't afford it. It's something like $200 a bottle or somethind crazy like that.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #60
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
I've heard it's alright, but I can't afford it. It's something like $200 a bottle or somethind crazy like that.
Damn, that's expensive. Must be a good drop.