Tool Working On New Album - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
pierrot le fou
Fresh Kill

pierrot le fou is busy sandbagging doctors of journalism

Hell yeah!

"Hello gentlemen, i have journeyed here tonight to kill you "
pierrot le fou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Visitor Q
The Living Dead

Visitor Q has no status.

Their always working on "the new album". I LOVE this band, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #13
Cebonation04
Demigod

Cebonation04 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Cebonation04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
Their always working on "the new album". I LOVE this band, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain eater View Post
I really like Tool but there last album wasn't the greatest. I've loved everything else they have came out with though.
I share this view.

They set the bar fairly high for themselves on Lateralus. So much so anything following was almost guaranteed to not be as satisfying.

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #15
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

Can't say that I'm excited. Last album was a snoozefest with a couple of good tracks.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #16
joe6panther6
Fresh Kill

joe6panther6 is Around... Somewhere

The problem with TOOL (if this a problem), is that they obsess over their music. I heard from a friend that read an article stating they will rework a song to death until they find it's perfect.

That's why they're so great, in my opinion.

youtube

DeviantART
joe6panther6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #17
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post
They set the bar fairly high for themselves on Lateralus. So much so anything following was almost guaranteed to not be as satisfying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
Can't say that I'm excited. Last album was a snoozefest with a couple of good tracks.
You are both insane. 10KD is just as much a masterpiece as the 4 before it. The band is evolving, and MJK is not the same guy he was when they released Undertow. I would not expect any kind of backtracking. They have evolved every album and his view on life and whatever is much, much different. he's still going to be a sarcastic bastard about things, but I doubt you're going to hear too much anger or hostility towards anything. I think he's gotten over it and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe6panther6 View Post
The problem with TOOL (if this a problem), is that they obsess over their music. I heard from a friend that read an article stating they will rework a song to death until they find it's perfect.

That's why they're so great, in my opinion.
Like I've said a million times before, I'd rather this then having them crank out a bunch of garbage year after year cheapening the music.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #18
joe6panther6
Fresh Kill

joe6panther6 is Around... Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Crowley View Post
You are both insane. 10KD is just as much a masterpiece as the 4 before it. The band is evolving, and MJK is not the same guy he was when they released Undertow. I would not expect any kind of backtracking. They have evolved every album and his view on life and whatever is much, much different. he's still going to be a sarcastic bastard about things, but I doubt you're going to hear too much anger or hostility towards anything. I think he's gotten over it and moved on.

Like I've said a million times before, I'd rather this then having them crank out a bunch of garbage year after year cheapening the music.
The way I see it... They could do that and it still would be good. Probably.

youtube

DeviantART
joe6panther6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe6panther6 View Post
The way I see it... They could do that and it still would be good. Probably.
Well if you are focusing on MJK alone, you got that for the most part. Between APC and Puscifer he has a pretty decent size catalog. But it also depends on what you like about Tool. I'm as big a fan as Opiate and Undertow and Aenima as the next guy but the transition to Lateralus and 10KD was amazing to me. From Mer De Noms to 13th Step was equally as amazing and I have to tell you that Puscifer's Conditions of My Parole is the album of the year.

But I'm not sure what it is you find most appealing about Tool. If it's the old school heavy and angry at everything type thing you're looking for I don't think you will find very much of it. Judging on MJK's lyrics in his other work and what he did on 10KD he seems to be diving into a more spiritual place after the death of his mom. I know there will be a mix of sarcasm on some social issue he feels the need to speak out on but his body of work since 10KD has been much different.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post
I share this view.

They set the bar with Aenima already pretty high. But actually I was never disappointed by Tool at all, whether it was on record or live. This is one of a few bands on this earth who doesn't release a bad record in their (ongoing) history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
A snoozefest? You are too harsh. Perhaps it didn't have the greatness and the atmosphere of Aenima and Lateralus, but it's still a well done record. As I said before, Tool never disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote