Darren Aronofsky's "Noah" - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator is tired
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 13,692
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
Exactly. People are going to be turned off to this simply because it is biblical, but regardless it is quite the story and the way Aronofsky presents it will undoubtedly equal the scope of the tale itself. Just look at it as any other work of fiction. The story predates the bible anyway so it is more than a christian fable.
Exactly. Its an epic story that could potentially be epic and awe-inspiring at least in scope.

The story of the Great Flood has appeared in many different parts of the world in various forms. It doesn't have be be christian at all, and I bet it won't be seeing as Aronofsky is directing.
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
King_ov_Hell
Rotting Corpse
 
King_ov_Hell's Avatar
King_ov_Hell is You can't kill time without injuring eternity
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 1,195
Default

Yeah, definitely sounds lame. I could care less about the story of Noah's Arc.

Last edited by King_ov_Hell; 10-04-2011 at 07:39 PM.
King_ov_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel
 
Renacimiento's Avatar
Renacimiento has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.
Posts: 4,674
Default

This sounds great. Darren Aronofsky is a great director who knows how to tell good stories. I'm sure he will do something very interesting with this project.
__________________
Renacimiento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #14
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,156
Default

Too early to tell. I'm sure we'll all end up seeing this regardless.
__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,305
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

Odd choice, especially for this guy, but whatever he touches he turns to gold so I'll end up seeing this.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #16
Devouring Sickness
The Living Dead
 
Devouring Sickness's Avatar
Devouring Sickness is alive.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Noir York
Posts: 3,554
Send a message via AIM to Devouring Sickness
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
Odd choice, especially for this guy, but whatever he touches he turns to gold so I'll end up seeing this.
Exactly. I'm not necessarily interested in the subject matter, but Aronofsky is my favorite director and a genius. I have no doubt it'll be fantastic.
__________________
Devouring Sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse
 
horrorking95's Avatar
horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,822
Send a message via MSN to horrorking95
Default

How can Aronofsky out-do Black Swan?

Like others I wasn't keen on a biblical adaptation. No doubt Darren will make it intense, however I'm led to believe that this won't be any ordinary Noah story as the IMDb trivia suggests:
"Darren Aronofsky brought in frequent collaborator Ari Handel and Canadian artist Niko Henrichon to adapt the script into a 2011 graphic novel "Noé: Pour la cruauté des hommes" ("Noah: For the Cruelty of Men"). This novel serves as an influence on the film."

With images from that graphic novel like this:



something tells me this is going to be a little bit different to our dear old Bible re-telling. But 2014's a long way off yet, so I'll need to wait a short while. It certainly sounds like Darren's most ambitious film!
__________________
""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"



Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
Shoggoth
The Living Dead
 
Shoggoth's Avatar
Shoggoth is in a land of confusion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorking95 View Post
How can Aronofsky out-do Black Swan?

Like others I wasn't keen on a biblical adaptation. No doubt Darren will make it intense, however I'm led to believe that this won't be any ordinary Noah story as the IMDb trivia suggests:
"Darren Aronofsky brought in frequent collaborator Ari Handel and Canadian artist Niko Henrichon to adapt the script into a 2011 graphic novel "Noé: Pour la cruauté des hommes" ("Noah: For the Cruelty of Men"). This novel serves as an influence on the film."

With images from that graphic novel like this:



something tells me this is going to be a little bit different to our dear old Bible re-telling. But 2014's a long way off yet, so I'll need to wait a short while. It certainly sounds like Darren's most ambitious film!
I think he can easily top Black Swan because even though it was a great movie, it was extremely safe and predictable. If he does take an approach to this that is more than just a retelling but more of a reimagining then I will be excited. Still though, Russell Crow? Meh.
__________________
Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse
 
Boilersuit_Mayhem's Avatar
Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shaping up in the UK
Posts: 1,797
Default

This film should be two hours of Noah getting more and more drunk and angry at the impossible task he's been set by an imaginary voice in his head. Eventually, he snaps and takes it out on his family. It'd be like 'The Shining', but with fewer typewriters and tricycles.
__________________
Mayhem. In a boilersuit.
Boilersuit_Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #20
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse
 
horrorking95's Avatar
horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,822
Send a message via MSN to horrorking95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
This film should be two hours of Noah getting more and more drunk and angry at the impossible task he's been set by an imaginary voice in his head. Eventually, he snaps and takes it out on his family. It'd be like 'The Shining', but with fewer typewriters and tricycles.
Now THAT could be interesting!
__________________
""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"



Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC