King Kong (2005) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Default King Kong (2005)

"King Kong(2005)"....Peter Jackson's wonderful remake of the 1933 classic is a knockout!! Great special effects, beautiful cinematography,astounding art direction/production,solid music score, and terrific directing by Jackson. The movie is entertaining from start to finish. The solid screenplay is wonderfully brought to life by Naomi Watts,Adrien Brody, and even Jack Black (I really cant stand this gross/creepy guy..but he was "ok" here). Also loved seeing Andy Serkis, and his character of "Lumpy" is a hoot. His performance as "Kong" is the icing on the cake though. I like that there is many different dinosaurs and giant bugs present in the movie, and some might think they were over the top, but they all work for the most part and add a little more excitement. The island natives in this version are so ugly,scary, and evil. These scenes add such creepy atmosphere. The wonderful music score, great costume designs, and wonderful special makeup effects all add greatly to the movie too. One of the best remakes/monster movies ever!!

10/10

Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 09-25-2011 at 01:57 AM.
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #2
Emo-rtal Beloved
Rotting Corpse

Emo-rtal Beloved is an advocate of female nudity.

King Kong 2005 remake isn't horror. It's a romantic comedy which botched the magic of the 1933 original.

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?
Emo-rtal Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
goose101
The Living Dead

goose101 is around

I recently bought this on Blu ray. I can't wait to rewatch it.
goose101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
SaviniFan
Fresh Kill

SaviniFan is On the Cutting Room Floor

Although I enjoyed the film and Serkis was great as Kong, it was definitely too bloated for it's own good and I find it doesn't hold up to repeat viewings like the original or even the campy 1976 remake. Don't get me started on the awful CGI effects in the brontosaurus stampede scene or the casting choice of Jack Black.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Emo-rtal Beloved
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviniFan View Post
Although I enjoyed the film and Serkis was great as Kong, it was definitely too bloated for it's own good and I find it doesn't hold up to repeat viewings like the original or even the campy 1976 remake. Don't get me started on the awful CGI effects in the brontosaurus stampede scene or the casting choice of Jack Black.
Serkis is great in everything he's in. He is also bloody brilliant in Rise of The Planet of The Apes.

I agree with u the CGI is beyond annoying, which is why I said this remake is an abortion of the 1933 original. And Jack Black wasn't the only thing wrong with the casting. What the hell is Adrien Brody doing in the movie where he has no chemistry whatsoever with THE REST OF THE CAST?! To this day, I think it's a definite crime that he won Best Leading Actor over Daniel Day-Lewis in 2004.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"King Kong(2005)"....Peter Jackson's wonderful remake of the 1933 classic is a knockout!! Great special effects, beautiful cinematography,astounding art direction/production,solid music score, and terrific directing by Jackson. The movie is entertaining from start to finish. The solid screenplay is wonderfully brought to life by Naomi Watts,Adrien Brody, and even Jack Black (I really cant stand this gross/creepy guy..but he was "ok" here). Also loved seeing Andy Serkis, and his character of "Lumpy" is a hoot. His performance as "Kong" is the icing on the cake though. I like that there is many different dinosaurs and giant bugs present in the movie, and some might think they were over the top, but they all work for the most part and add a little more excitement. The island natives in this version are so ugly,scary, and evil. These scenes add such creepy atmosphere. The wonderful music score, great costume designs, and wonderful special makeup effects all add greatly to the movie too. One of the best remakes/monster movies ever!!

10/10
Love the original as well as Jackson's film. This should be in the entertainment section though. The 1933 film is definitely a horror film whereas this is more of an adventure flick.

CG haters are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Funhouse - 7.5/10
X-Men: Days Of Future Past - 7.5/10
Trick 'r Treat - 8/10
The Entity - 7/10
Night Of The Living Dead - 10/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
Emo-rtal Beloved
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
Love the original as well as Jackson's film. This should be in the entertainment section though. The 1933 film is definitely a horror film whereas this is more of an adventure flick.

As is a smartass.

I dunno bout you, but when CGI is done right, the movies can be huge entertainment like Rise of The Planet of The Apes, Lord of The Rings trilogy, Inception, and even the first Transformers.

King Kong 2005 remake is a case of bad use of CGI. Just like Star Wars 1-3.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
bixbysnyder
Not Dead Yet

bixbysnyder is buying that for a dollar!

Send a message via AIM to bixbysnyder

I like Jackson's film just fine. Think it gets too much hate. The 1933 version is definitely superior, but it is better than the 1976 version IMO.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
SaviniFan
Fresh Kill

SaviniFan is On the Cutting Room Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
I don't believe anyone here was hating on CGI. I was only pointing out a central scene in the film where it was done in such a shoddy way that in my opinion it only hurt the film. Like Emo-rtal said, when used properly it can enhance a film even when it is the center of a scene.

I found most of Peter Jackson's Kong to be well done as CGI is concerned. Jackson and the WETA studio has a good handle on it. The Lord of the Rings films have proven that. Don't jump to conclusions about someone's opinion as a blanket statement as hatred for a particular special effect technique. I've seen plenty of shit practical effects as well as stop motion. Just as any other tool of film making though, there are sometimes when they excel.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

It was a good flick but certain parts of it dragged on for too long.
Only part where the CGI was a bit iffy was the stampede scene but the V-Rex's and the bug pit were great to look at.