Kill List (2011) - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #21
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Oh yes, I remember your spoiler...

Maybe,

Spoiler Below
I think these people on the Kill List were part of the cult at some point and did them wrong and now had to be killed. That guy knew he was being tested per say to be the cult ''leader''

wow, a movie hasn't made me wonder like this in along time.
I think you're right. I always dreamed of being part of one of these cults do not know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Oh yeah..almost every review I read said this movie was awful, so of course I have to check it out aswell.
Yes, I also get tired of reading bad reviews of this film, almost everyone badmouth this movie, and I still can not understand, seemed to me, as I said pretty good.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #22
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renacimiento View Post
Yes, I also get tired of reading bad reviews of this film, almost everyone badmouth this movie, and I still can not understand, seemed to me, as I said pretty good.
I get pretty often very quickly tired of reading reviews in general. They spoil and steer in a subconscious manner your own expectation for a movie, so I decided to quit reading that shit - at least from newspapers or so called experts.
Though, it's different around here, since here are so many opinions, which are reflected and well-considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #23
Chainsaw Suicide
Send... More... Paramedics

Chainsaw Suicide has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Chainsaw Suicide

Pretty decent flick. Will definitely need to give this a rewatch...not a good film to watch with a room full of drunk people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.
Chainsaw Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #24
RZR666
Not Dead Yet

RZR666 is watching too many bad horrors!

I switched it off 20 minutes from the end, nothing really bad about it except it's just a movie about nothing.

It came recommended too.

Now Available on Android and Windows
RZR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

Here's a great interpretation:

http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/blo...bout-then61097

I have to give props to the soundtrack. It just gave a great feeling of impending doom throughout the movie.

What an unsettling little piece of cinema.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
Boddicker
Fresh Kill

Boddicker is pondering the logic of evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
I get pretty often very quickly tired of reading reviews in general. They spoil and steer in a subconscious manner your own expectation for a movie, so I decided to quit reading that shit - at least from newspapers or so called experts.
Though, it's different around here, since here are so many opinions, which are reflected and well-considered.
Well said.
Boddicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #27
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

I didn't hate the ending.. but I am left with many questions.

Spoiler Below
How did the wife not know she was fighting her husband in the end? Why did the husband, Jay, knife fight anyone to begin with? Why the hell was she laughing at the end?

What I really enjoyed is that so many things repeated in this film. The play fight between Jay and his friend, Gal, becoming a real fight later on. The sword fight against his wife and son becoming real later on. Jay's friend, Gal, saying "Thanks" as he's about to kill him, like everyone he murders. The girl who hangs herself waving to Jay the way Fiona did at the hotel. I'm not sure if this was all meant to be foreshadowing, or something else, but it's all very noticeable.

I also want to know if Gal was in on everything.

Still, it is worth a watch.. I saw the first twenty minutes of it and was bored. I watched it again and powered through.. it's much better than originally anticipated.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #28
Cause of Death
Rotting Corpse

Cause of Death is volatile gore overload.

While the film on the whole left me extremely confused on a number of different subjects (all detailed in prior posts) it still managed to really freak me the fuck out. And that really doesnt happen very often. There was just this since of impending dread that began maybe 20 or so minutes in when Gal's girlfriend marks the painting in Jay's house that never let up, and got weirder and more frightening as it kept going. I knew things would end up badly for most everyone involved, and assuredly they did so. Amazing cinematography, really hair-raising sound design, pitch perfect acting, cringe-worthy realistic violence and an ending for the ages add up to make this a standout flick for me. I can't wait to get the Blu-Ray and watch it another 10 times to truly figure everything out.

8.5/10
Old 02-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Eversor
Not Dead Yet

Eversor is vaping

I was pretty puzzled about this film, but after a couple hours of digestion, I think I really liked it. Plotwise, it was a quite intricate piece and the film really didn't pause to explain things to its viewer.

I'm quite sure Kill List will appear even better with a second viewing to get all the many details that appear in it. This was definitely one of the better flicks I've seen this year.

edit: The link 4 posts above answers many questions about this film really well.

Last edited by Eversor; 02-25-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Eversor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #30
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

This film was disturbing in a way hard to describe, like disturbing to my soul. It reminded me of Fincher's The Game, except
Spoiler Below
that the conspirators award the protagonist with a VIP pass to hell instead of a t-shirt.
I saw the end coming a mile away though, simply because films these days are trying too hard to be shocking. All I had to do was imagine the worst possible outcome and it came to pass. Still, this is a great slice of indie horror. Recommended.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote