Kill List (2011) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
Visitor Q
The Living Dead

Visitor Q has no status.

Ummm, I liked it, but I didn't get it or understand it at all. The acting, most of the storyline and the violence were great, but the whole
Spoiler Below
secret society (or whatever they were) aspect of the film, who they were, what they were trying to achieve and just why they did all this
was very confusing to me.

Last edited by Visitor Q; 01-02-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
Hicks
Not Dead Yet

Hicks is Reving up his Chainsaw

I saw this and was not particularly impressed. It was just too all over the place. Over confusing narrative and a laughable ending. Not suspenseful at all save for some specific scenes. I get that the audience don't want the answers served on a plate but as i say it was too confusing. Eden lake is a ten times better horror film than this. If you want to watch a good thriller/horror watch that or I Saw The Devil rather than this overhyped film. Id rate it 3/5 stars but definitely not as critics are saying 'one of the films of the year'.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
iamspoonbender
Fresh Kill

iamspoonbender is floating in euphoria

Finished watching this earlier today. I have alot of mixed feelings about it. In certain ways I really like this because it is very streamlined, and straight forward in plot lines etc. However, the final section, and reveal if you will, was abit akward. It's worth watching once, I'll say that. I have to agree, this film is way overhyped. Now, I Saw The Devil, and Confessions, yes, those deserve some hype.

Stalk me on Twitter @iamspoonbender
iamspoonbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #14
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamspoonbender View Post
Finished watching this earlier today. I have alot of mixed feelings about it. In certain ways I really like this because it is very streamlined, and straight forward in plot lines etc. However, the final section, and reveal if you will, was abit akward. It's worth watching once, I'll say that. I have to agree, this film is way overhyped. Now, I Saw The Devil, and Confessions, yes, those deserve some hype.
Although I liked the ending, I have to agree with the comment about it being awkward. I felt it needed a slightly longer conclusion maybe with some explanation as to what the fuck was going on. I still think it's a great film though.
What did everyone think of the death scene when...
Spoiler Below
...he smashes the librarian's head in? It really looked like it was real as there was no cut in it. One minute the guy's lifting his head off the table and then he just lowers it down again and smashes it to pieces! Very well done.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #15
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by el terror View Post
What did everyone think of the death scene when...
Spoiler Below
...he smashes the librarian's head in? It really looked like it was real as there was no cut in it. One minute the guy's lifting his head off the table and then he just lowers it down again and smashes it to pieces! Very well done.
I just thought, damn, that was hyper-realistic.
And as for the amount of violence itself: it is worth the purchase alone, if you dig those kind of films.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is lingering last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane

I just finished this. It was brilliant, it was confusing and the 'Librarian' scene was utterly fuckin fantastic! I love that part of the film. Wow! Brutal!!

I have a million questions though:

Spoiler Below
what about his cut? the infection? the creepy replacement doctor? all part of the cult?

The cult picked him maybe for these tasks because they knew he was on the edge? He proved himself so he was worthy to become the leader?

I dunno. Nice Saturday wintery afternoon watch though. 7/10 from me
Old 01-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
Shinobi37
Rotting Corpse

Shinobi37 is swift

May check it, see what it's all about
Shinobi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

I had read several negative reviews of this movie, even so I decided to see it, and found it quite good.
A soldier turned-murderer in the pay, which accepts a mysterious assignment, just to bring it to the darkest part of human being, the movie is a drama with outbreaks of violence and madness.

Deranged thriller that mixes genres and developing a story with a very interesting introduction, a development that is slowly explaining and deepening their themes, and a final, with a cruelty and shocking graphic violence, constitutes an ironic story strong and bloodthirsty.

Spoiler Below
I also left me with a couple of questions: When they killed the librarians (the scene is great), he says something like: I know you, I know who you are, your friend know who you are?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #19
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is lingering last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane

Oh yes, I remember your spoiler...

Maybe,

Spoiler Below
I think these people on the Kill List were part of the cult at some point and did them wrong and now had to be killed. That guy knew he was being tested per say to be the cult ''leader''

wow, a movie hasn't made me wonder like this in along time.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Oh yeah..almost every review I read said this movie was awful, so of course I have to check it out aswell.