Kill List (2011) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Default Kill List (2011)

From imdb:

The film is all about an out of work cockney man who returns to work as a hired hit-man. He partners up with his ex army team mate to complete a contracted kill list. However, as the list is continually ticked off with kills the main man loses it mentally, becoming more out of control and dangerous. This amidst marital unrest, stress and PTS makes for a turbulent ride. The kill list unveils paedophiles which stir up the underlying anger, and then the couple uncover a cult like gang, which leads into a ferocious but ultimately shocking (yet impressive) ending.

Here the trailer:

And here my review:

Kill List
A veteran and ex-hitman is in need of money for his young family and gets help from a friend, also a hitman, as he manages to obtain three jobs, which are well-paid. But soon they find out, that these aren't regular customers. It's already too late, as they got quickly entangled in an evil and twisted game, in which they become the protagonists.
This film was difficult to digest, especially when the twist at the end is revealed. It reminded me lots of Martyrs, but with a different vision in terms of kills and violence. Since Eden Lake, this is easily the most nihilistic piece of film coming out of the UK. I "enjoyed" it a lot, especially the boneshattering physical and psychological violence is a treat for the eyes and mind.

8/10

I highly recommend it, it's worth a look and the invested time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.

Last edited by Santa; 09-18-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
I am Tetsuo
Fresh Kill

I am Tetsuo is Lobotomising his victims

Location: A place where a man's worth is measured in the ears hanging from his dog tags... The real deep shit

I am dying to see this!! I Loved Ben Wheatley's last film, Down Terrace, and have read nothing but positive reviews for this film.

It was released, in theatres, the day before I went on Holiday. When I got back, it was no longer in the cinema I guess I'll just wait for the DVD.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
partsunknown
Not Dead Yet

partsunknown is finding your footage.

Saw is last night at TIFF. I'm trying to think of a way to review or explain it without giving away spoilers.
I thought it was a good film. It was well acted by the 3.5 leads and I liked the writing and story line. If you like English gangster films it's worth checking out. I'm trying to think of what type of horror fan would like it though. It's a good suspense/thriller/torture/occult film and I guess that's the best way I can describe it.

I would recommend people go check it out.
partsunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
Emo-rtal Beloved
Rotting Corpse

Emo-rtal Beloved is an advocate of female nudity.

Hm, maybe I'll give this a shot. As far as British thriller goes this year, I'm also hoping to catch A Lonely Place To Die. I heard from a friend of mine it is better in every aspect compared to that putrid Eden Lake.

Thx for the recommendation!

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?
Emo-rtal Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

I'm dying to see this after reading so many good reviews. It's not showing anywhere near me though. I may have to take a trip to see it as I can't wait for it to be released on DVD.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
I am Tetsuo
Fresh Kill

Location: A place where a man's worth is measured in the ears hanging from his dog tags... The real deep shit

Success!!

A small art-house cinema, near me, is showing this film on Thursday... I will be going
Old 09-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by el terror View Post
I'm dying to see this after reading so many good reviews. It's not showing anywhere near me though. I may have to take a trip to see it as I can't wait for it to be released on DVD.
I won't do that trip if I were you. It is a good film, but not worth taking a (long) trip to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
I am Tetsuo
Fresh Kill

Saw this last night and really enjoyed it... Just a really atmospheric, tense thriller with some great performances and brutal violence.

Definitely worth checking out
Old 12-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

This film was very good. Great actors, tense and brutal scenes and a feeling of impending doom throughout. The ending was also quite a shocker to say the least. It combines elements of several genres successfully, but ultimately I would definitely say it's a horror film. Who says you can't make a great film on a low budget??!!

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
Mogwai
BANNED

Mogwai is three sheets to the wind.

What a coinkydink - I've just finished watching this, had a beer and a smoke and signed into BD and lo and behold there's a thread dedicated to it at the top of the forum, well stone the crows and tickle me pink with a feather duster!!!
It's a wickedly funny & sexy Hitmen film (imagine an English/Irish equivalent of the Vincent/Jules characters from Pulp Fiction) and you get the drift.
It's about time the British film council made a horror film with some big fucking balls and finally it's happened!
It's funny, brutal, touching (some of the scenes between the 2 leading actors highlight a definite love for each other ala In Bruges) and it packs a punch that British horror has shyed away from in recent years.
I loved every minute of it, it has a virulent streak of ultra black humour running through its veins and it carries a strong dog-eat-dog subtext that is sooo glaringly obvious it practically punches you in the face.
Best British horror I've seen since Bridget Jones' Diary.
Get this little belter watched guys, you won't regret it.
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote