Contagion (2011) - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #51
fancyfeast
Fresh Kill

fancyfeast is back from the dead.

I finally saw this...i enjoyed it..got a bit freaked out.
Jude Law's tooth was very distracting though....
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #52
KillMeDeadly
Fresh Kill

KillMeDeadly has no status.

so can't wait 2 see this shit! gonna be great!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #53
romanthemysterian
Fresh Kill

romanthemysterian has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfeast View Post
Yeah what the hell was with that? I was like, what is that stuck in his teeth?...wait...that's his tooth? Did they really need to do that? Was it really that important to the character?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #54
horrorbuff28
Rotting Corpse

horrorbuff28 is slaying dragons.

It really hit me a few days after watching this movie. It's really good.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #55
fancyfeast
Fresh Kill

fancyfeast is back from the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanthemysterian View Post
Yeah what the hell was with that? I was like, what is that stuck in his teeth?...wait...that's his tooth? Did they really need to do that? Was it really that important to the character?
I know!! Like...I just kept focusing on that
Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #56
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfeast View Post
I never even noticed it.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #57
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Dark Mark is a freelance exorcist.

Although chilling at first I thought the movie out stayed its welcome as even millions of people dying of the flu isn’t that interesting and I would have been more entertained if they had started to rise and chow down on the living or at least vomit up something unusual as they passed.
If you weren’t sure Jude Law as the dodgy Assangealike was a villain from his accent they gave him English teeth and appalling dress sense to reinforce the message. The film came over as propaganda for the CDC and the drug companies, though I was glad there was no religious subtext to the movie (I could perceive) and it will probably be a while before I start touching people on the bus again.
I wish World War Z might be made with the same gravitas as this film however I doubt that is happening.

Last edited by Dark Mark; 10-25-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Dark Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #58
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Contagion".....With a chilling doomsday scenario, "Contagion" is a gripping and disturbing film. Director Steven Soderbergh paints a frighteningly realistic look at a worldwide pandemic that spreads without warning, and its devastating aftermath.The film deftly moves around the world showing the victims, scientists, and investigators and how the crisis is affecting them. It also shows how quickly society can break down as scene after shocking scene of chaos and devastation are introduced and titled with the number of days since the outbreak of the virus. Soderbergh keeps you on the edge of your seat and doesn't give you a moment's rest. Characters are introduced and given just enough of a back story so that you understand their place in the film. Most heartbreaking is Matt Damon's role as a father who was watching over his only remaining child, going to great measures to keep her safe while also dealing with the death of his wife and the unfolding secret of the last days of her life. The cast is absolutely an A-List of Hollywood talent: Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Marion Cottillard, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Hawkes are all impressive. Major standout is Matt Damon. A truly impressive array of stars in the film, some of whom play brief but significant parts in the overall story. However, the movie's strength is also its weakness in that with so many primary characters, there were some diverging story lines with that did not get fully fleshed out. Wonderful location shots,great art direction/production, and nicely done makeup effects also highlight the movie. A very captivating and gripping film!!

9/10
Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #59
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Contagion".....With a chilling doomsday scenario, "Contagion" is a gripping and disturbing film. Director Steven Soderbergh paints a frighteningly realistic look at a worldwide pandemic that spreads without warning, and its devastating aftermath.The film deftly moves around the world showing the victims, scientists, and investigators and how the crisis is affecting them. It also shows how quickly society can break down as scene after shocking scene of chaos and devastation are introduced and titled with the number of days since the outbreak of the virus. Soderbergh keeps you on the edge of your seat and doesn't give you a moment's rest. Characters are introduced and given just enough of a back story so that you understand their place in the film. Most heartbreaking is Matt Damon's role as a father who was watching over his only remaining child, going to great measures to keep her safe while also dealing with the death of his wife and the unfolding secret of the last days of her life. The cast is absolutely an A-List of Hollywood talent: Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Marion Cottillard, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, and John Hawkes are all impressive. Major standout is Matt Damon. A truly impressive array of stars in the film, some of whom play brief but significant parts in the overall story. However, the movie's strength is also its weakness in that with so many primary characters, there were some diverging story lines with that did not get fully fleshed out. Wonderful location shots,great art direction/production, and nicely done makeup effects also highlight the movie. A very captivating and gripping film!!

9/10
nailed it. this is a very effective dramatic thriller.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote