The Kingdom by Lars von Trier - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
psychic_vacuum
Not Dead Yet

psychic_vacuum has no status.

Cool The Kingdom by Lars von Trier

Hello people,

I would like to know if some of you have heard about the danish miniserie called The Kingdom by Lars von Trier ( dancer in the dark ) ?

Well, I do and it seems to be very interesting, so I would like to know your opinion about it.

here's a little synopsis

In summary, it seems to be story of an hospital built on an indian cemetary. Hospital is haunted by ghosts and other things (haunted ambulances, a Masonic cult, a devil cabal, demons wtf). Thats all I know ...

thank you

(first post hell yeah)
Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
ZantiMisfit
Rotting Corpse

ZantiMisfit is never going to see the Eagles win a Super Bowl in his lifetime

I love "The Kingdom". So much better than the Stephen King remake. Only thing that sucks about it is that the story remains unfinished (and is likely to stay that way considering some of the main actors have died since the last installment). It's nice to see von Trier just do something for fun, after the dense heavy-handedness of his other movies. Despite the whole thing running 9 hours, the time flies by. It's probably best watched in hour installments (the way it was originally aired on Danish tv). I like Kingdom I a bit more than Kingdom II, but both are really solid. The second goes a bit more towards the comedic side, while the first has more moments of genuine ghost-story creepiness.
ZantiMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

I'm really interested in this. It sounds very creepy. I hear a woman gives birth to a baby who has the head of an old man

horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is playing with myself I'M GOING IN!

This was my introduction to the bizarre mind of the master, Lars Von Trier, and though I love everything hes done since this is still my favorite of all of his works. It manages to be creepy and funny at the same time, with interesting and loveable characters and a strange storyline that rivals the weirdness of David Lynch. I haven't actually watched Series 2 yet but I'm going to soon. Forget the Stephen King version. What a piece of steaming shit that was.
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #5
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
This was my introduction to the bizarre mind of the master, Lars Von Trier, and though I love everything hes done since this is still my favorite of all of his works. It manages to be creepy and funny at the same time, with interesting and loveable characters and a strange storyline that rivals the weirdness of David Lynch. I haven't actually watched Series 2 yet but I'm going to soon. Forget the Stephen King version. What a piece of steaming shit that was.
This looks pretty cool, I saw moments from the King series but nothing from the original. Will deffo check it out.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #6
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is playing with myself I'M GOING IN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
This looks pretty cool, I saw moments from the King series but nothing from the original. Will deffo check it out.
I can't recommend it enough if you are a fan of his more recent movies, like Antichrist, Melancholia, etc. Like the tagline on the DVD cover says, its like ER on acid. A brilliant piece of work.
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote