New Rules for the Game Section - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #51
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
The game section should be demolished or no "post counts" for those who participate. I'm sure many will argue it's "not about the post counts" so shouldn't be a big deal to not add posts onto post counts. Agree with Slayer as I see a ton of folks I have no clue who they are but they have 2000-3000 posts. Never see them post in the horror threads or it's very minimal.
I wouldn't want to lose my post count, but at the same time, it is true that huge numbers lose their merit and status if so much of it comes from game thread posts.

About the only defense I can honestly offer is that people have been encouraged to post in the game threads to get their post counts up for getting into drafts.

Participation in the game threads do show a degree of commitment that's needed for the drafts, but after awhile, further game thread derived post counts aren't needed to show that and start showing post whoring even when it ALSO (usually) shows people just having fun.

Maybe (Killbot?) could make it so that the game threads can only add a maximum of 500 posts or something to a person's total post count?
Yoda
Beverly Hillbillies
She Drives Like Crazy
Gump
The Saga Begins
It's All About the Pentiums
Grapefruit Diet
White & Nerdy
Canadian Idiot
Smells Like Nirvana
Inactive
Eat It
Foil
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #52
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
I wouldn't want to lose my post count, but at the same time, it is true that huge numbers lose their merit and status if so much of it comes from game thread posts.

About the only defense I can honestly offer is that people have been encouraged to post in the game threads to get their post counts up for getting into drafts.

Participation in the game threads do show a degree of commitment that's needed for the drafts, but after awhile, further game thread derived post counts aren't needed to show that and start showing post whoring even when it ALSO (usually) shows people just having fun.

Maybe (Killbot?) could make it so that the game threads can only add a maximum of 500 posts or something to a person's total post count?
Do the main post whores even participate in the drafts though? I know in the end of the day post counts really don't mean anything but annoying to see some people only come here to post in the game and off topic threads. Folks like you post in a variety of threads and don't abuse the system. I stated this long ago but will again.....would like to see the game threads not appear in the "new posts" section. Sometimes the whole first page is littered with them. Not that it really hurts anything in the grand scheme of things but nonetheless a pain in the ass to sort through looking for horror related threads.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #53
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Do the main post whores even participate in the drafts though? I know in the end of the day post counts really don't mean anything but annoying to see some people only come here to post in the game and off topic threads. Folks like you post in a variety of threads and don't abuse the system. I stated this long ago but will again.....would like to see the game threads not appear in the "new posts" section. Sometimes the whole first page is littered with them. Not that it really hurts anything in the grand scheme of things but nonetheless a pain in the ass to sort through looking for horror related threads.
Well, I like playing the game threads and I pretty much only use [New Posts], maybe they could put in a setting to exclude things from showing up when you click [New Posts].

I think when a lot of people first show interest in the drafts they get told your post count is too low and get directed to the game threads. Some of these peeps that show draft interest just disappear. Others get their count up to 500 and then stop with the game threads while other keep on enjoying them. I don't feel I'm a post whore, but I do like seeing that number go up. I've never tried to claim any status or importance for having such a high number.

One thing is when I was playing City of Heroes/Villains and World Of Warcraft, I was a "completest" then and went after every badge and achievement I could get and kept a mind on the raid ones and got many of those too. And I'm still doing that here I guess, getting 5 red skulls and all.

If you've noticed Gwally, he has an obvious love for the game threads and I wouldn't call him any sort of post whore. Tho granted he's an exception to what these new ideas are trying to fix.

Hmm, maybe they could do a split post count. Prolly be a pita to code, but then as long as the total over 500, peeps are good for drafts, and peeps could see what someone's discussion count is like, and those that choose to could go on having fun with the game and still have a record of that. However, this might also have the effect of peeps posting in the discussion threads when they otherwise wouldn't. Dunno /shrug
Yoda
Beverly Hillbillies
She Drives Like Crazy
Gump
The Saga Begins
It's All About the Pentiums
Grapefruit Diet
White & Nerdy
Canadian Idiot
Smells Like Nirvana
Inactive
Eat It
Foil
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #54
lj40
The Living Dead

lj40 is one square pancake!

I got no probs with games not counting as post-counts...not that big of a deal to me anyway. I played the gamez because they made me laugh-constantly! I still look through the main boards and stuff, but usually its for movie suggestions and ideas on stuff to watch, so I lurk. Otherwise there would be a bunch of posts from me going "Yeah..I agree"...boooorrrring!

lj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #55
Klownz
BANNED

Klownz is shouting, "Mr. FEENY!!!"

Quote:
Never see them post in the horror threads or it's very minimal.
I participate in the games section every now and then, but I also discuss horror, music, movies, etc. I'm all over the forum posting in the different boards half the time. I don't just stay in the games section only. Some do, but I'm not one of them. Like I said, I just venture there every now and then. I like to discuss a little bit of everything, really.
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #56
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownz View Post
I participate in the games section every now and then, but I also discuss horror, music, movies, etc. I'm all over the forum posting in the different boards half the time. I don't just stay in the games section only. Some do, but I'm not one of them. Like I said, I just venture there every now and then. I like to discuss a little bit of everything, really.
I've seen you post in plenty of horror related threads. I'm talking about the folks who only post in the OT and Game Threads. They know who they are
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #57
Skelos
Not Dead Yet

Skelos is hunting yak in the Pictish Wilderness

^
Said something about the person above him
Skelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #58
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.