New Rules for the Game Section - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Default New Rules for the Game Section

We've ignored the post whoring in the game section for years, but due to recent drama, we've had enough. If your thread was locked, do not start a new one.

-Don't create a thread that's nothing more than random nonsense, such as posting random words. Basically, don't make a thread that isn't an actual game as much as a thread for whoring posts.
-Don't continuously post in the same thread. We saw a bunch of instances where basically two people went back and forth for pages without letting others post. Don't do this or you will be given an infraction for spamming.

That's pretty much it.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

My thoughts exactly.

It was one thing when people were boosting their posts counts quietly, but the petty squabbles that have been popping up have gotten out of control.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Fair enough for the most part, and no objections where you make rules to make the boards better.

Just wondering, if only two people seem to be on, should we not post every other post at all then like in the Movie poster, IMAGE/WTF, or Image tag threads?

I mean, sure I'm prolly the top post whore when it comes to the games thread, but I'm here for the fun too, if you want at least two other posts between posting again or something, would that be better?
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
menasyng
BANNED

menasyng is banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
Fair enough for the most part, and no objections where you make rules to make the boards better.

Just wondering, if only two people seem to be on, should we not post every other post at all then like in the Movie poster, IMAGE/WTF, or Image tag threads?

I mean, sure I'm prolly the top post whore when it comes to the games thread, but I'm here for the fun too, if you want at least two other posts between posting again or something, would that be better?
The basically mean that you shouldn't be sitting in a thread that is pointless to begin with going back and forth. It is one thing to have a discussion, but in the games section, it is just ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't take the 8,100 posts out of the post count from the word association game.

Just PM Shed, or Caustic and they will explain if you still have questions.
menasyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post

You're fine.

It's a case by case basis. You can tell fairly easily when two people are posting nonsense words one after the other in the Word Association thread to get 100 posts in an hours. The Image threads are kind of hard to run up a huge post count on anyway, since you have to track down an image. No worries there.

Most of the threads are intact. Including three variations of name game, three variations of A-Z games and the What are you Eating/Drinking/Wearing threads are all still there, so we aren't cutting much at all. People were using the nonsense threads to pick fights with those they don't like; this is the main thing we're trying to stop.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by menasyng View Post
The basically mean that you shouldn't be sitting in a thread that is pointless to begin with going back and forth. It is one thing to have a discussion, but in the games section, it is just ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't take the 8,100 posts out of the post count from the word association game.

Just PM Shed, or Caustic and they will explain if you still have questions.
Correct on all counts.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
gwally
Demigod

gwally is handing out candy in your neighborhood.

Cool. Thanks for the info. It has always been a fun way to get the new folks posting, but I have been annoyed at times as well.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
menasyng
BANNED

menasyng is banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Correct on all counts.
menasyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
Kupotek
Send... More... Paramedics

Kupotek is es un gato loco con un cuchillo.

Send a message via AIM to Kupotek

Thank You! Watching this go on was kind of driving my little Virgo brain crazy.
Kupotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #10
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
You're fine.

It's a case by case basis. You can tell fairly easily when two people are posting nonsense words one after the other in the Word Association thread to get 100 posts in an hours. The Image threads are kind of hard to run up a huge post count on anyway, since you have to track down an image. No worries there.

Most of the threads are intact. Including three variations of name game, three variations of A-Z games and the What are you Eating/Drinking/Wearing threads are all still there, so we aren't cutting much at all. People were using the nonsense threads to pick fights with those they don't like; this is the main thing we're trying to stop.
People were picking fights on this board for no reason???

I don't buy it.

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote