Sleepaway Camp (1983) - Page 32 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 08-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #311
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan
Fresh Kill

EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is slicing and dicing

Send a message via AIM to EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan

The first Sleepaway Camp is awesome. I bought it on a whim one day at Fye (music and DVD store) a few years ago because I had always heard so much hype about it. I got home and immediately put it on. I didn't quite understand it when it was over, so I had to watch a couple more times. The ending is really out of left field, and creepy.

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

Angela is secretly a boy, because her crazy nutcase aunt who is forced to raise him "always wanted a girl" and the very last shot of the film with her mouth gaping wide, making a snarling type of noise, and her eyes wide as can be looking off to the side is quite unsettling.

Parts 2 and 3 are complete garbage, don't waste your time.

Return to Sleepaway Camp (part 4) isn't as bad as parts 2 and 3 and it's not nearly as rememberable at part 1 but it's worth a watch if you rent it or download it from the internet.

I am proud to have the original Sleepaway Camp be a part of my DVD collection.

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #312
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

I brought this over to a "Bad Movie Night" once, (not that I think this movie is terrible or anything, it is just good for some laughs.) Everyone was enjoying it but not crazy over it, then when that last scene popped up everyone just flipped. It was sweet.

Then we watched Tammy and the T-Rex.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #313
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan
Fresh Kill

EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is slicing and dicing

Send a message via AIM to EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan

I just read that the last scene with Angela (you know the one I'm talking about) is not really the actress who played her, but a college student wearing a prosthetic mask that was taken of her face. (you can guess why they didn't use her body if you've seen the movie.....) pretty interesting little fact.

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #314
Emo-rtal Beloved
Rotting Corpse

Emo-rtal Beloved is an advocate of female nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan View Post
I just read that the last scene with Angela (you know the one I'm talking about) is not really the actress who played her, but a college student wearing a prosthetic mask that was taken of her face. (you can guess why they didn't use her body if you've seen the movie.....) pretty interesting little fact.
Interesting, indeed.

But does that mean the college student was shorter than me? I'm 5'6, Angela was what? 5'1 maybe?

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?
Emo-rtal Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #315
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Mondo will sell tomorrow 200 posters with this motive:

Sale will be online at a random time, price will be $45, so be fast if you want some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #316
sc83x
Not Dead Yet

sc83x is not interested.

Default Wow.

Peter was not gay. He was confused about gender roles in relationships, which I think is quite obvious. That is why he has those flashbacks. The children on the bed, Peter pointing at his sister.. His father in bed with another man.. All to convey Peters confusion. It has nothing to do with sex or sexuality. It has to do with gender identity and the roles men and women play in relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleisterArcane View Post
I dont think she/he is gay....maybe just confused on its sexuality. The fact they show Angela getting ready to have
sex with the boy at the end of the original, was just their way of revealing
the truth. I mean, how else would you reveal something like that? In the
sequels, it showed more affection towards girls than boys. Or maybe Angela is just experimenting....maybe its bisexual. I dont know, thats for the writers to figure out.
"It"? That's a little offensive. And I'm not even a trans- person. Peter was not an IT. Peter was a little boy forcibly raised as a little girl. A boy in girls clothing, that's all. He's a boy. People tend to forget that "Angela" was Peter. "Angela" was always a boy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddcapone View Post
Even the "twist" ending seemed like it was tacked on with no previous thought. They figured 'we are ripping off Friday the 13th, we need something at the end like Jason popping out of the lake...'. Then suddenly
she starts grinning like a mad animal at the end while growing a few feet due to a terrible split screen f/x shot. Truly pathetic.
Twist ending.. No previous thought? You obviously weren't paying attention to the first 86 minutes of the movie. But why would you, it being so horrible. Right?

It wasn't ripping off Friday the 13th. It's a horror movie that takes place at a camp. End of similarities. You're about the 1000th person to use that tired excuse of why the movie is so bad. You hated it. Fine. But it didn't rip off F13. Try A Blade in the Dark, A Reflection of Fear, Deadly Blessing, Private Parts, and Unhinged. If one similarity is all that's needed for one movie to rip off another, then Sleepaway Camp could have ripped off any one or all of those flicks by that logic.

And where did you get "split screen shot" from? There are no split screens in Sleepaway Camp.

Sounds like you weren't paying attention at all, to anything.
sc83x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #317
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Sleepaway Camp"......A surprise 80's hit and one of the alltime cheesy/campy and fun slashers. Even though there is some bad makeup effects, there is also some awesome grisly murder effects and sequences. Real bad acting, a unique and terrific storyline, and a shocking ending that will forever be remembered also highlight the film. Few standout performers are Karen Fields who plays "Judy" and Katherine Kamhi who plays "Meg". They were the best out of the whole cast. The guys who play "Gene", the lifegaurd "Hal", and "Billy" are all sexy and hot and worth mentions just for that. LOL!! This classic slasher cheese is so bad....that its good!!

7/10
Old 03-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #318
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

Scream Factory Reveals Sleepaway Camp Bonus Content

Ryan Turek
March 12th 2014, 9:12 am

Scream Factory brings Sleepaway Camp to DVD/Blu-ray in an all-new collector's edition hitting on May 27th. For the first time, get the lowdown on the bonus features that will be packaged with this presentation.

About the film, in case you're new to this '80s slasher: After a terrible boating accident killed her family, shy Angela Baker (Felissa Rose) went to live with her eccentric Aunt Martha and her cousin Ricky. This summer, Martha decides to send them both to Camp Arawak, a place to enjoy the great outdoors. Shortly after their arrival, a series of bizarre and violent “accidents” begin to claim the lives of various campers. Has a dark secret returned from the camp’s past…or will an unspeakable horror end the Summer season for all?

•New 2K scan of the original camera negative
•New Commentary with actors Felissa Rose (“Angela”) and Jonathan Tiersten (“Ricky”)
•New Commentary with writer/director Robert Hiltzik, moderated by SleepawayCampMovies.com webmaster Jeff Hayes
•Original Audio Commentary with writer/director Robert Hiltzik and star Felissa Rose
•At the Waterfront After the Social: The Legacy of Sleepaway Camp – new interviews with Robert Hiltzik, Felissa Rose, Jonathan Tiersten, Paul DeAngelo (“Ronnie”), Karen Fields (“Judy”), Desiree Gould (“Aunt Martha”), Frank Saladino (“Gene”) and make-up FX artist Ed French
•Judy – a short film by Jeff Hayes starring Karen Fields
•Princess – A Music Video by Jonathan TierstenCamp Arawak Scrapbook – still galleryTheatrical Trailer & TV Spots
Old 03-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #319
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Looking forward to picking up this release. Hopefully Scream Factory will release 2 and 3 as well sometime down the road.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #320
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is the Cigarette Smoking Cunt

I'm sorry but Pam Springsteen just makes parts 2 and 3

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote