Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (2012) - Page 49 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #481
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniedarko View Post


Candie didn't do anything "illegal" ergo he is a good guy.

Candie is an evil fuck. Candie allowing two slaves beat the hell out each other doesn't warrant him being viewed as the antagonist? What about the fact that he allowed hunting dogs shred his runaway slave to pieces?

If Alabama gave you the thumbs up to bang your sister, does that make it morally okay?
Spoiler Below
No, but I mean Schultz throughout the film made sure he did everything legally which is why he wanted Dango to kill Big Daddy. I never said Candie wasn't a bad guy, I am just saying that Schultz did not have to shoot him and they would have been able to of left Candieland without Schultz being killed and all the other shit that happened because Schultz was a sore loser. He even said just before being killed "Sorry, I couldn't resist." To me he killed Candie over an obvious ego issue.


Also, next time you post something about a newer film that people here may have not seen please use the spoiler tag.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #482
lonniedarko
Fresh Kill
 
lonniedarko's Avatar
lonniedarko has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Spoiler Below
No, but I mean Schultz throughout the film made sure he did everything legally which is why he wanted Dango to kill Big Daddy. I never said Candie wasn't a bad guy, I am just saying that Schultz did not have to shoot him and they would have been able to of left Candieland without Schultz being killed and all the other shit that happened because Schultz was a sore loser. He even said just before being killed "Sorry, I couldn't resist." To me he killed Candie over an obvious ego issue.


Also, next time you post something about a newer film that people here may have not seen please use the spoiler tag.
Que?

Spoiler Below
Ego had little to do with the killing of Candie. Both Shultz and Django tried to leave repeatedly. It was Candie that insisted that he shake hands. Shultz couldn't allow Candie to live any longer. There is a reason that Tarantino cut in those slave killing shots during the harp music. Shultz couldn't resist killing him becuase ironically, Candie is holding his arm out to him, the same arm that Shulltz keeps a small firearm in his sleeve.
lonniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #483
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator is tired
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 13,325
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Spoiler Below
No, but I mean Schultz throughout the film made sure he did everything legally which is why he wanted Dango to kill Big Daddy. I never said Candie wasn't a bad guy, I am just saying that Schultz did not have to shoot him and they would have been able to of left Candieland without Schultz being killed and all the other shit that happened because Schultz was a sore loser. He even said just before being killed "Sorry, I couldn't resist." To me he killed Candie over an obvious ego issue.


Also, next time you post something about a newer film that people here may have not seen please use the spoiler tag.
I see what you mean, but I think sore loser is the wrong way to put it. Candie is obviously an evil man and Schultz (who found slavery revolting) couldn't just walk away. I thought that
Spoiler Below
Schultz's flashes of the slaves dying was a great touch that made his killing of Candie even more satisfying. It showed that whatever the consequences, Candie had to die because he was a majorly malevolent presence.
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #484
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I see what you mean, but I think sore loser is the wrong way to put it. Candie is obviously an evil man and Schultz (who found slavery revolting) couldn't just walk away. I thought that
Spoiler Below
Schultz's flashes of the slaves dying was a great touch that made his killing of Candie even more satisfying. It showed that whatever the consequences, Candie had to die because he was a majorly malevolent presence.
I see your point and I knew he was getting physically sick while thinking of those violent images in his head. I knew it was a contributing factor to what happened. I guess there wasn't really any evidence in the movie to make Schultz look like a sore loser. It just sucks that

Spoiler Below
his actions got him killed.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #485
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,607
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
So after thinking about this for a while I have a theory.

Spoiler Below
Technically the only time Dr. Schultz breaks the law is when he kills Candie. Despite Candie's overly aggressive behavior when he confronts Django and Schultz about Broomhilda, he did nothing illegal. After asking about the handshake incident I have came to the conclusion that Schultz was a sore loser and had he not killed Candie none of that would have happened at the end so in my opinion in this matter Schultz and Django were overall the villains in the end. Does anyone else agree with me?


Fuck you come up with some shit man.


When is this coming out in Aussie? I can't find it ANYWHERE!!?!!?!?!?
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #486
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post


Fuck you come up with some shit man.


When is this coming out in Aussie? I can't find it ANYWHERE!!?!!?!?!?
The Aussie version came out first under a different title, Rocco's Modern Life.

Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #487
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,607
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
The Aussie version came out first under a different title, Rocco's Modern Life.

__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #488
The Geek
Schlock King
 
The Geek's Avatar
The Geek is dancing with himself!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tromaville
Posts: 13,208
Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
You haven't gotten it yet?

__________________
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #489
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,607
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
You haven't gotten it yet?

Not to my knowledge. I've checked 3 different places and it isn't anywhere!!
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #490
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Not to my knowledge. I've checked 3 different places and it isn't anywhere!!
Just order it off the interwebs
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC