Macabre (2009) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

I saw this a few years ago at a horror film festival. My memory isn't great but I remember it as just decent, very cliched etc. but if you like this kinda thing and gore its worth a watch.

And yeah although my memory is poor I do remember the lead villain, she put in a good performance.
Midnight-Kroovy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
klownz666
Fresh Kill

klownz666 is Just klowning around!

I brought the UK version last year and it looks fine, this film gets an easy 10/10 from me!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
thezombieepidemic
Fresh Kill

thezombieepidemic has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanemeyer View Post
Werent BloodyDisgustings Label supposed to be releasing this? Anyone know?
They were SUPPOSED to, they acquired the rights, but that was in 2011. Maybe BD is taking the Weinstein Company path and buying up rights to awesome flicks then sitting on them for way too many years. Im beginning to think ill never see Livid because the Weinsteins acquired the rights for U.S. distribution. COME ON BD GIVE US A RELEASE!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezombieepidemic View Post
They were SUPPOSED to, they acquired the rights, but that was in 2011. Maybe BD is taking the Weinstein Company path and buying up rights to awesome flicks then sitting on them for way too many years. Im beginning to think ill never see Livid because the Weinsteins acquired the rights for U.S. distribution. COME ON BD GIVE US A RELEASE!
You could always hack your DVD player to make it region free. That's what I did when Inside wasn't released in the UK. It's easier than you think, you just Google your DVD player make and model and add something like "region hack" and lots of websites give you instructions on how to hack it. Although, not all players are able to do it.

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
thezombieepidemic
Fresh Kill

thezombieepidemic has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorking95 View Post
You could always hack your DVD player to make it region free. That's what I did when Inside wasn't released in the UK. It's easier than you think, you just Google your DVD player make and model and add something like "region hack" and lots of websites give you instructions on how to hack it. Although, not all players are able to do it.
I have a region-free player and at one time I found a legit release with proper subs, but they went the way of the wind on the few sites I found it on. So if you, or anyone else, know where I can get one (im not big on torrenting or pirating) - let me know please. But it still doesn't excuse the fact that these awesome flicks have been acquired for U.S. distribution, but theyre just sitting in some backroom collecting dust. I can understand certain wait periods with smaller distributors like BD's company, but theres not really any excuse for bigger companies like the Weinsteins. Theyre just A-Typical rich Hollywood bigwigs who only care about pushing something out when it will earn them massive profit. They don't care about the fanbase. That's why theyre still cobbing Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. Theres dozens more that suffered this fate. (I maybe wrong but wasn't Mandy Lane a victim of the Weinsteins as well?)

I apologize for driving this thread off topic. My rant is over.

Last edited by thezombieepidemic; 09-11-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Adding some post-script.
thezombieepidemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

This was directed by Tjanjanto, the guy who did L is for Libido (from The ABCs of Death) and Save Haven (from V/H/S/2), so I'm expecting a decent flick!

I'm looking forward to watching this soon.