Lord Of The Rings - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Mr. Monkey
I Eat Brains!

Mr. Monkey is enjoying Hump Day

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
The LOTR are pure cinematic gold of the highest rank. The Two Towers is my favorite too - the darkest installment of the three. Have a big framed poster of it hanging in my living room.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray of the extended versions.
I have the poster too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest cinematic trilogies ever put to screen. I remember seeing each of them in theaters and now I watch the extended editions in succession once every year around Christmas, to fill the void of no more Rings movies being released around that time anymore. It's always a blast - My friends and I get together and have a viewing party.
Used to do that but I don't really have 16 hours to waste anymore.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

I think these films are pretty overrated. I haven't watched any of them for a long time, but I've seen them all 2 - 4 times. Just wasn't a fan really, although that genre of medieval epic films doesn't really stand out to me any more. I'll probably give them another chance, I like the characters, but it just didn't impress me.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
vegeta
Fresh Kill

vegeta is A Saiyan Prince

I love these movies always have and always will, Boromir gotta be my fav character such a manical edge to him, gotta love him
Old 04-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #14
mary.
Fresh Kill

mary. has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest cinematic trilogies ever put to screen. I remember seeing each of them in theaters and now I watch the extended editions in succession once every year around Christmas, to fill the void of no more Rings movies being released around that time anymore. It's always a blast - My friends and I get together and have a viewing party.
I used to do that too. Two years in a row I started them at 8 at night and finished around 8 the next morning. I stopped doing it once I realized that a.) It made me incredibly tired and b.) They come on TV all the time during the Christmas season, so I can watch them over a period of a few days.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #15
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"LOTR:The Fellowship Of The Ring".......What a superb movie. Sensational directing and cinematography. Wonderful cast and beautifully done performances. Great special effects,fantastic music score, and a great adapted screenplay. Outstanding performances by Ian MCKellen,Viggo Mortensen,Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee,and Sean Bean. Dramatic and touching turns by Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. The whole damn cast was great!! I love Blanchett as "Galadriel". Now this is what I call "screen presence" . Her voice over prologue catches you in an instant. Her "Lady Of Light" scenes are full of magic,mystery,beauty, and grace!! Viggo Mortensen is superb.Totally blows me away with his scenes. Such a commanding and heroic performance. A brilliantly made film!! Nominated for 13 Academy Awards and winning 4 ,it should have also won Best Picture!!

10/10
Old 04-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #16
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"LOTR: The Two Towers"......A true epic action adventure. More great special effects..outstanding music score...and beautiful costumes. Featuring the best CGI character I have ever seen..powered by a sensational performance by Andy Serkis. The cast was top notch once again. Loved the telepathic scene between Galadriel and Elrond. Once again Cate Blanchett lights up and takes command of the screen. Love watching/listening to her speak in Elvish. A brief but very memorable scene..and her voiceover/narration is critical to the story. Viggo Mortensen once again powerfully brings Aragorn to life. The man is brilliant!! A true hero!! Sean Astin and Elijah Wood continue with dramatic,touching, and terrific performances. Special mention to Brad Dourif as "Wormtongue" in a terrific supporting turn!! Nominated for 6 Academy Awards (including Best Picture) and winning 2...this supreme action adventure is top notch!!

10/10
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #17
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"LOTR:The Fellowship Of The Ring".......What a superb movie. Sensational directing and cinematography. Wonderful cast and beautifully done performances. Great special effects,fantastic music score, and a great adapted screenplay. Outstanding performances by Ian MCKellen,Viggo Mortensen,Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee,and Sean Bean. Dramatic and touching turns by Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. The whole damn cast was great!! I love Blanchett as "Galadriel". Now this is what I call "screen presence" . Her voice over prologue catches you in an instant. Her "Lady Of Light" scenes are full of magic,mystery,beauty, and grace!! Viggo Mortensen is superb.Totally blows me away with his scenes. Such a commanding and heroic performance. A brilliantly made film!! Nominated for 13 Academy Awards and winning 4 ,it should have also won Best Picture!!

10/10
great post and agree that fellowship should have won best picture.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #18
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I think these films are pretty overrated. I haven't watched any of them for a long time, but I've seen them all 2 - 4 times. Just wasn't a fan really, although that genre of medieval epic films doesn't really stand out to me any more. I'll probably give them another chance, I like the characters, but it just didn't impress me.
These movies are completely overrated. And the fact they didn't include Scouring of the Shire pissed me off! And no Tom Bombadil, either. Yes, I've read the books, and the books are way better. This is Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, doesn't have much to do with JRR Tolkien.

I thought that Willow was actually closer to the spirit of the book.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #19
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
These movies are completely overrated. And the fact they didn't include Scouring of the Shire pissed me off! And no Tom Bombadil, either. Yes, I've read the books, and the books are way better. This is Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, doesn't have much to do with JRR Tolkien.

These films are as good if not better than what any Tolkien fan, except you, of course, could imagine.

The amount of love and attention to detail that was put in these were phenomenal despite the omitting of Tom Bombadil and some other moments.

I like Two Towers the most as many, but I would love it even more if it also included Sam's fight with Shelob.

My only critique of the entire series was that every action scene spotlighting Legolas looked wonky as hell.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post

Tom Bombadil is a silly character, who would not have worked on film. It was a wise choice to disclude him.

The films aren't overrated in the least.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote