PC Tips for Beginners Thread - Page 30 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #291
Karie
Rotting Corpse
 
Karie's Avatar
Karie is into Horror Movies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,105
Default

Thought I'd share these links..
Smileys Repository
Emotioncons
__________________

Last edited by Karie; 05-11-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Karie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #292
Karie
Rotting Corpse
 
Karie's Avatar
Karie is into Horror Movies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,105
Default

I know one thing I like about this forum is that you have the option
of seeing the latest post in a thread first when you click
on the Posts link instead of starting out at the very first post ever made on the link.

I'm sure you know how, but in case...

On top of the page go to QUICK LINKS
Go down to EDIT OPTIONS
Go down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
and see THREAD DISPLAY MODE
and choose LINEAR-NEWEST FIRST
and SAVE CHANGES at bottom of page.
KK??
__________________

Last edited by Karie; 05-16-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Karie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #293
Karie
Rotting Corpse
 
Karie's Avatar
Karie is into Horror Movies
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 1,105
Default

You know that keeping a computer clean of spyware and viruses is key.
Also, cleaning up crap as well. Everything you do on your computer leaves
traces that just takes up space...
So I'm gonna give you a few links for free software I've found usefull.

I use Free virus protection called:
AVIRA
For Free spyware cleanup:
SuperAntiSpyware
For Free Junk files/Internet cleanup:
CCleaner
__________________
Karie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #294
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,305
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

Need some help.

I use chrome and for the past several weeks shockwave flash keeps crashing, almost on a daily basis.

How do I fix this ?
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #295
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse
 
aaronmb's Avatar
aaronmb has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Need some help.

I use chrome and for the past several weeks shockwave flash keeps crashing, almost on a daily basis.

How do I fix this ?
I had this problem with Firefox and what I did was I downloaded an older adobe flash player, then I downloaded FlashLight 1.2, the firefox add on. It stopped it from updating. Whenever there's a screen, you just click it.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:10 AM   #296
Se7en
The Bad Guy
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is DRANK MOODY
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 15,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmb View Post
I had this problem with Firefox and what I did was I downloaded an older adobe flash player, then I downloaded FlashLight 1.2, the firefox add on. It stopped it from updating. Whenever there's a screen, you just click it.
It's been two months since he posted that.
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #297
Doctor RoXo
The Living Dead
 
Doctor RoXo's Avatar
Doctor RoXo is NOT doing cocaine...
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Somewhere between a Borderline and an Antisocial Personality Disorder
Posts: 2,718
Default

Does anyone here own a tablet? I'm probably going to pick this > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231778 up Wednesday. Never owned a tablet before. Anything I should know before hand? Everything I've read about this tablet sounds good, great reviews, best bang for buck, etc. etc. There is a Google Nexus 7 that is supposed to be better but about $70 more too so I think I'll stick with this.

Not looking for ipad quality here. Just something to use for reading mostly. I was gonna get one of the Kindle paperwhites (love the long battery life) but I want something that I can use for comic books too. And kindles cost the same as this so....

And having things like netflix, youtube and being able to use my favorite sites like this one is a plus.

So, is this the right tablet for me? Or do you know of a better one?
__________________




Doctor RoXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #298
Klown
Administrator
 
Klown's Avatar
Klown has no status.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Titletown
Posts: 12,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
Does anyone here own a tablet? I'm probably going to pick this > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231778 up Wednesday. Never owned a tablet before. Anything I should know before hand? Everything I've read about this tablet sounds good, great reviews, best bang for buck, etc. etc. There is a Google Nexus 7 that is supposed to be better but about $70 more too so I think I'll stick with this.

Not looking for ipad quality here. Just something to use for reading mostly. I was gonna get one of the Kindle paperwhites (love the long battery life) but I want something that I can use for comic books too. And kindles cost the same as this so....

And having things like netflix, youtube and being able to use my favorite sites like this one is a plus.

So, is this the right tablet for me? Or do you know of a better one?
If you are going to read comics on it, you may want to look at something with a higher resolution screen. The screen on the Asus is fine, but a higher resolution would certainly make books, comics, pictures, and movies that much more enjoyable.
__________________

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC