Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
blake3371
Not Dead Yet

blake3371 has no status.

While I'm not a crazy fan of 3D, if done right, (and I mean perfectly) filming Silent Hill: Revelation in 3D could bring a completely new level of terror to the town. That said, it likely won't happen, but I don't think it will damage the film as a whole.

I recently watched one of Bassett's films from 2002, Deathwatch, and while it's not an amazing film, the sets are gorgeous and there's already a good amount of the original Silent Hill movie within it. (Barbwire that attacks people, almost an overuse of fog). Deathwatch is a decent effort, and hopefully Bassett can translate mud and rain to blood and rust well.

The casting of the film is off to a good start. Clemens looks like a great Heather Mason, and hopefully she can fill the acting shoes to boot. (lame pun)

I really hope they keep it as close to the game as possible, but there will have to be some explanation as to why the mother isn't there(Heather is Sharon, after all, or rather a reborn Alessa) I'd really like to see the carnival, church, and the infamous library scene with Vincent ("They look like monsters to you?"), and just more combat and weapons throughout brought to the big screen.

If you look at the IMDB page, the crew looks rather good. The cinematographer isn't from the original film's team, but he's up to snuff. Wendy Patridge is returning as the costume designer, and Paul Jones will be handling the makeup and creature effects once again. This doesn't necessarily mean that this will translate into a good movie, but we can expect a decent amount of Silent Hill to shine through, and that's definitely a good thing.

I'm pretty excited for this movie, but it's that, " I just want to see it made because no one else will," kind of excitement. We've been waiting long enough, and I hope that this film will be more moody, show a bit more of the Dark World, and touch on some of the SH mythology, all of which Bassett says he will bring to the table.

Let's hope he delivers.

Last edited by blake3371; 03-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.
blake3371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #22
ResidentofEvil
Rotting Corpse

ResidentofEvil is down like the economy.

Send a message via AIM to ResidentofEvil Send a message via Skype™ to ResidentofEvil

This whole 3D thing can kiss my white ass. Anticipating the film though. Let's hope it delivers.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #23
DarkHumor
Fresh Kill

DarkHumor is dancing in the rain of descending ash, dancing on your grave.

I'm wondering why they're bringing back sharons father and mother but no sharon. Does Alessa not have a part in this movie, even though Dahlia, (alessa's mother) is in the sequel? I'm confused. I'm going to be disappointed if Dark Alessa doesn't have a part in the movie.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #24
blake3371
Not Dead Yet

blake3371 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHumor View Post
I'm wondering why they're bringing back sharons father and mother but no sharon. Does Alessa not have a part in this movie, even though Dahlia, (alessa's mother) is in the sequel? I'm confused. I'm going to be disappointed if Dark Alessa doesn't have a part in the movie.
I take it you haven't played the Silent Hill 3 game? At the end of the first silent hill, dark Alessa rejoined with Sharon (Cheryl) to form a "reborn" Alessa. How they will work it into the movie, I'm not sure, but in the game Sharon's dad changes her name to Heather and stay on the run. She dyes her hair, the works.

Now that she's getting older, some of the cult members (Claudia) want her to birth 'god', who is slowly growing inside the girl.

Dark Alessa may not be in the sequel, (we don't want to see the same movie again) but in the game you have to fight the Spirit of Alessa, who is the burned up version of the girl, and quite pissed off.
blake3371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
DarkHumor
Fresh Kill

DarkHumor is dancing in the rain of descending ash, dancing on your grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake3371 View Post
I take it you haven't played the Silent Hill 3 game? At the end of the first silent hill, dark Alessa rejoined with Sharon (Cheryl) to form a "reborn" Alessa. How they will work it into the movie, I'm not sure, but in the game Sharon's dad changes her name to Heather and stay on the run. She dyes her hair, the works.

Now that she's getting older, some of the cult members (Claudia) want her to birth 'god', who is slowly growing inside the girl.

Dark Alessa may not be in the sequel, (we don't want to see the same movie again) but in the game you have to fight the Spirit of Alessa, who is the burned up version of the girl, and quite pissed off.
Ah... thanks for that little tidbit. (I) would at least want to see Jodelle Ferland reprise her role if that is the case w/Heather. Where would the continuity be from the first, if (Cheryl) is still stuck in the parallel universe w/Alessa. You'd think that would throw off a lot of fans from the first film, leaving them all confused.

I never really got into the Silent Hill games, back in the day. I would play them now if they made a repack of all the games for the ps3 though.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #26
mary.
Fresh Kill

mary. has no status.

I enjoyed the first movie so I'll probably see this one. But like most of you guys I'm getting really sick of the whole 3D trend. It enhances some movies but most of the time it's just a dumb gimmick.
mary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #27
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Starring:
Adelaide Clemens - Heather Mason.
Sean Bean - Harry Mason / Christopher Da Silva
Carrie-Anne Moss - Claudia Wolf
Malcolm McDowell - Leonard Wolf
Radha Mitchell - Rose Da Silva
Kit Harington - Vincent Carter
Deborah Kara Unger - Dahlia Gillespie

I am very excited about this sequel. I was always a fan of Silent Hill (especially the first 3 games).
Adelaide Clemens looks perfect as Heather Mason as well as Carrie Anne Moss as Claudia Wolf.

Here I leave some videos that I found:

Special Guest Introduction:

Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #28
joe6panther6
Fresh Kill

joe6panther6 is Around... Somewhere

I'm the biggest nerd when it comes to Silent Hill... It's forever my life. Ridiculous.
joe6panther6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #29
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe6panther6 View Post
I'm the biggest nerd when it comes to Silent Hill... It's forever my life. Ridiculous.
I also love Silent Hill, there is nothing ridiculous about it.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #30
Edo
Fresh Kill

Edo is not a whore

Silent Hill wasn't bad, but it wasn't my taste; the new one will no doubt be something I hate, but I'm sure it'll be something enjoyable for the Silent Hill fans out there.
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote