Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
Ms.Luornu
Fresh Kill

Ms.Luornu has no status.

i only became familiar with the Silent Hill movie by watching it on DVD, but it would have been so cool to see it on the big screen though!

i'm looking forward to the second movie. wonder if Radha Mitchell will have a role in it. *fingers crossed*
Kirsty Cotton: No deals, just information, just information!
Pinhead: Go on... but trick us again child, and your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!
Ms.Luornu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
_Boss_
Fresh Kill

_Boss_ has no status.

Why do they do this 3D shit? Although I don't mind an animation movies in 3D. It's awful in the horror genre.

Are they catering to the younger audience's?

• La Horde- 6/10
  • The Loved Ones - 8/10
  • American Mary - 4.5/10
  • Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre - 2/10
  • I Spit On Your Grave(2010) - 7.5/10
  • The Human Centipede - 6.5/10
  • Serbian Film - 9/10
_Boss_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is a living reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Boss_ View Post
Are they catering to the younger audience's?
No, they're catering to morons. People who are so tasteless that they will eat up any crass as long as it has the "revolutionary" 3D plastered onto it. And in a way, it makes sense what they're doing. People keep going to see these types of films, so as long as they're a financial success, studios will invest in all kinds of garbage.

Yeah, they're milking it, but at the end of the day, people are generally bending over and taking it up the arse.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #14
DYSTOPIA KC
Not Dead Yet

DYSTOPIA KC has no status.

Yeah 3D is such a lame fucking concept. I really enjoyed the first movie despite the miserable acting. I think they did a decent enough job staying pretty consistent with the feel of the games. I am extremely nervous about all the changes coming with the sequel... and yeah... Revelation? REALLY?
DYSTOPIA KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
boy, interrupted
Fresh Kill

boy, interrupted has no status.

It's being filmed in 3D, so i don't know why anyone would be angered by that. At least it's being done RIGHT.

Anyway, this sequel has taken WAY TOO long. I've been waiting for this for ages. I can't wait, i really like the first one.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #16
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is a living reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy, interrupted View Post
It's being filmed in 3D, so i don't know why anyone would be angered by that. At least it's being done RIGHT.
Sure, it could be worse... it could've been another post-conversion job, but I've been holding out for a sequel for a while now, so naturally when I heard it was just gonna be another addition to the 3D fad, I was quite pissed.

Real 3D or post-converted - I just don't like the phase and it could potentially ruin this movie.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #17
BelaKarloff
Not Dead Yet

BelaKarloff has no status.

Apparently the plot is close to the 3rd game in the series. If so, this would make a really good flick. I was a fan of the first one, but seeing one with a plot close to one of the games seems pretty exciting to me.

On the 3D argument, I really don't care. As long as they don't do some things in the movie that wouldn't make sense without 3D.
BelaKarloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
tothegrave
Fresh Kill

tothegrave has no status.

I am not happy about this announcement at all... Silent Hill does not belong in 3D, and in my opinion it ruins the creative integrity of the series. Plus this guy I have never heard of directing it has me worried too, I mean, Gans is an amazing director and has such a shocking visual style that I already know this guy can not match. I have very little hope for this...

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

They've come to witness the beginning. The rebirth of paradise, despoiled by mankind. Remember me, and your true self as well. The one who will lead us to paradise with blood stained hands.
tothegrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #19
Sarcanis
Not Dead Yet

Sarcanis is fueled by Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegrave View Post
I am not happy about this announcement at all... Silent Hill does not belong in 3D, and in my opinion it ruins the creative integrity of the series.
In my uneducated opinion, not having seen a 3D movie yet, I can only imagine that if any subgenre can make excellent use of the technology it's video game adaptations. Specifically trippy-ass Silent Hill, where camera angles and particle effects already serve to fuck with your sense of space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegrave View Post
Plus this guy I have never heard of directing it has me worried too, I mean, Gans is an amazing director and has such a shocking visual style that I already know this guy can not match. I have very little hope for this...
Um, what? Being a new face does not make one automatically terrible at one's job. So you haven't heard of this guy before. So he's an unknown quantity. To you. Apparently Solomon Kane got quite a bit of critical acclaim. I haven't seen it yet, partly because for some reason it hasn't been released in the US. That is to say, I haven't seen any of Basset's work myself, so he's an unknown quantity to me as well. A Schrodinger's Cat of horror film, simultaneously better and worse in my mind than the previous director.

Last edited by Sarcanis; 11-14-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Sarcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
DarkHumor
Fresh Kill

DarkHumor is dancing in the rain of descending ash, dancing on your grave.

I'm surprised no one has been discussing the recent casting they have been doing for this movie. I loved the first Silent Hill film; it just doesn't make any sense to me why the sequel isn't a sequel to the first film?
I want an explanation to what had happened at the end of the first. I have high expectations for this sequel, considering the first was well made for a video game title, but have a feeling they're going to drop the ball on this.

Got this from Wikipedia:

In November 2010, it was confirmed that Michael J. Bassett will direct the sequel, titled Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. It will center on Heather Mason (a character taken from Silent Hill 3) when she starts having nightmares that lead her to Silent Hill and the mystery of her father's disappearance.Bassett revealed he has written his own screenplay, apparently replacing Roger Avary. He added that he would bring back as many of the core creative team as he can from the first film to keep its look and feel but add "more darkness and fear into the mix as well". It will start shooting "this winter"

At least he plans on bringing back the core creative team. That should help somewhat...hopefully.

Last edited by DarkHumor; 03-10-2011 at 10:12 AM.
DarkHumor is offline   Reply With Quote