Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is fucked up on Quaaludes

Default Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

From the news page:
Quote:
"Fresh off their $270M+ box office sensation Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D, producers Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody have re-teamed to create Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, which is currently in pre-production. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will also reunite Davis Films producer Hadida with Michael J. Bassett (Deathwatch, Solomon Kane), who will direct the 3D film on location this winter in the Toronto area. International sales are being handled by Lionsgate at the upcoming AFM.

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, based on the acclaimed survival horror video game franchise by KONAMI , is a sequel to Hadida and Carmody’s earlier collaboration, Christophe Gans’ Silent Hill. For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.

Hadida said, “We have high expectations for this continuation of the franchise with our reunited Silent Hill production team. Michael was our natural choice to write and direct. He understands the genre, is passionate about the Silent Hill franchise, and will bring his considerable action picture skills to a fresh and thrilling insight of the Silent Hill 3D world.”

I'm personally very unhappy about this. I hoped that Gans would return to direct as he at least had a sense of the visual elements of Silent Hill. I'm pretty pissed about this being in 3D. I'm a massive supporter of the Silent Hill franchise so I would hate for the true essence of the world to be ruined by the gimmick. I also hoped that a sequel would focus on the story from the second videogame, as that one was always the most fascinating to me and could really translate to screen brilliantly. Oh yeah, and "Silent Hill: Revelation"? Really?

I'm obviously going to watch this space, just because I'm a huge fan of the games, but from what I've heard so far I'm pretty worried about how this could turn out.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
Friday the 13th 11
Not Dead Yet

Friday the 13th 11 is Bored

Agreed I really hate the 3d gimmick it ruins alot of movies with potentional, Im also a huge supporter of the Silent hill franchise played the games got the movie( We just gotta hope they stuff this up) But who knows they might actually make use of the 3d element....
Friday the 13th 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is fucked up on Quaaludes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday the 13th 11 View Post
Agreed I really hate the 3d gimmick it ruins alot of movies with potentional, Im also a huge supporter of the Silent hill franchise played the games got the movie( We just gotta hope they stuff this up) But who knows they might actually make use of the 3d element....
I agree, this is one game franchise that has so much potential as a movie franchise. At least we know this won't be post-converted 3D, I guess that's a positive.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

I really like the third game so I'm down with this. I hope they include that creepy carnival that's in the game.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Mmagot
Fresh Kill

Mmagot is Harvesting The Garden

Send a message via AIM to Mmagot

for gods sake stop with horror 3d movies!!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
LSF
Fresh Kill

LSF is status modified

fuck 3d, waiting on a new silent hill film and they only do it now to cash in on shitty 3d. between remakes and 3d..... rargh blergh arrrrhh.
LSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
Goretex
Not Dead Yet

Goretex has no status.

Silent hill is such a creepy and atmospheric game series, to bad the fucking retards in charge of making these movies know nothing about the games and are only in it for the money.
Goretex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
Mmagot
Fresh Kill

Mmagot is Harvesting The Garden

Send a message via AIM to Mmagot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
Silent hill is such a creepy and atmospheric game series, to bad the fucking retards in charge of making these movies know nothing about the games and are only in it for the money.
amen brother
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

I enjoyed the first movie and would watch a second. The 3D aspect doesn't interest me, though.

I take it this one is following a new group of characters?

The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
labyrinthworm
Fresh Kill

labyrinthworm is in a mad mad house

Send a message via AIM to labyrinthworm

I loved the first film, I saw it 3 times in theaters, but to be honest, they are ruining franchises with the 3D. First of all, it doesn't really add much to the experience, and second, producers thing they can slop on plot and make up for it in visuals. WRONG, we still want GOOD films.

labyrinthworm is offline   Reply With Quote