Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 223 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #2221
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
For the love of God, no. Not only would that suck, it'd make 0 sense.
Well, here's the thing. They are hell bent on turning Ryback heel. The only way to do it, without completely fucking burying him, by having him cut comatose promos like tonight, is to allign him with other heels who are over. It wouldn't be too hard to sell. Just have Ryback be the first guy to truly "believe in The Shield". All those beatings knocked some sense into him, or whatever.

Besides, "sense"?.............

Quote:
I don't mind that Swagger beat Ziggler.
No, that was fucking dumb. If they want anyone to think of Ziggler as more than just a mid-card guy, who takes awesome bumps(hey, maybe they don't), they have to put him over way more than they've been doing.

Quote:
The Shield attacking Cena didn't make sense and it was obvious it was just done to further the Cena/Ryback storyline. They have already beaten Cena in a match and had stopped attacking him. They should've had at least some sort of continuation in the Shield vs Brothers of Hell No feud other than announcing a match for next week. Hopefully that match doesn't have a real finish. That match deserves to be a PPV match, and the way Extreme Rules is shaping up, the only match I'd watch the PPV to even see.
Personally, I'm pretty sick of The Shield just being this three man tag-team, who jumps guys. They need to expand, otherwise what is the point? Time to bring back stables.

Quote:
Why is Ryback even getting a title shot? He hasn't won a PPV match in like 6 fucking months. His promos are fucking terrible, btw. Pretty dumb to turn him heel though. Why are they so Hell bent on turning every face that gets over heel, while keeping the face who always gets booed face?
I have no idea either. I've heard stuff about Cena lobbying to protect his spot(and it would make sense), but who knows?

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #2222
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

At this point, Ryback is basically one of those early 90's big scary monster jobbers to the stars like the Barbarian or fucking Warlord. I don't know where they could possibly be headed with Ryback joining The Shield. Well, I can guess but I don't care and fail to see what would be interesting about it.

What would be the point in these dudes suddenly deciding they want to be centered around keeping the belt on this same big dumb idiot they've fucked over constantly for the past four or five months and constantly cost that very same belt?

Furthermore, without a clean win over Cena at Extreme Rules, Ryback's pretty much dead anyways. Then again, and this is giving the WWE's creatively bankrupt team far too much credit maybe they're setting something up where The Shield helps Ryback take the title off Cena but only because they know how much easier it will be to take off the idiot Ryback than Cena.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #2223
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Well, here's the thing. They are hell bent on turning Ryback heel. The only way to do it, without completely fucking burying him, by having him cut comatose promos like tonight, is to allign him with other heels who are over. It wouldn't be too hard to sell. Just have Ryback be the first guy to truly "believe in The Shield". All those beatings knocked some sense into him, or whatever.
He seemed to be over last night. Maybe I need to go back and rewatch, but it seemed he was getting plenty of boos from the crowd. I agree his promo was awful but I've seen quite a few internet fans say it was good. I just find the guys voice grating and I hate how he over pronounces every single word.

Quote:
No, that was fucking dumb. If they want anyone to think of Ziggler as more than just a mid-card guy, who takes awesome bumps(hey, maybe they don't), they have to put him over way more than they've been doing.
They just needed a reason to keep Swagger in the title hunt. Ziggler is going over at the PPV which is what really matters.

Quote:
Personally, I'm pretty sick of The Shield just being this three man tag-team, who jumps guys. They need to expand, otherwise what is the point? Time to bring back stables.
I'd actually prefer they just get beat in a match in the near future where there's a stipulation that if they lose they must disband. I enjoy The Shield, but I'm ready to see Ambrose on his own, and even Rollins too. I'm sure Reigns will get a nice push since he's big and related to The Rock, but he's obviously the worst of the three. If they do expand though, Hero would be the perfect 4th man. He should've been the third member from the get go, not Reigns.

Quote:
I have no idea either. I've heard stuff about Cena lobbying to protect his spot(and it would make sense), but who knows?
I think kinda highly of Cena (as a person, and as a wrestler), but if that's true it'd bring my opinion of him down. The company needs more top faces. Cena won't be around forever, and there's no face right now I could see getting to his level. Ryback could've, all the fans were into him, girls, guys, kids, internet fans (for some reason?). Oh well he can get over as a face again one day if needed.

Also, looks like Punk will be returning as a face whenever he's done taking time off. I'm expecting a feud with Brock maybe? Tonight during his promo talking about always wanting to get to the next challenge I was hoping to hear the glass shatter and Austin to come out setting up a match at WM XXX. God, that would've been killer. Guess it's never happening though.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #2224
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

I agree that raw was lame.

The united states title (the title that was ignored at wrestlemania whose champion kept jobbing) changed hands in an unannounced match. Who cares.

Barrett lost to R-Truth??

And I've been saying for years now the money in the bank SUCKS, every MITB champion is booked as a fluke on borrowed time. And what happens tonight? Ziggler loses to swagger... Coincidentally a former MITB victim who's career has never been the same since and is getting no reaction now.

God wrestling is so infuriating.

As for Fandango getting a lukewarm reception, they did over hype it but the crowd weren't great anyway. Could the sad news from Boston have dampened the crowd? Being from U.K i'm not entirely sure on time frame etc.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #2225
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
He seemed to be over last night. Maybe I need to go back and rewatch, but it seemed he was getting plenty of boos from the crowd. I agree his promo was awful but I've seen quite a few internet fans say it was good. I just find the guys voice grating and I hate how he over pronounces every single word.
It's hard to tell with that crowd. It's even harder to tell with numbskull(minus JBL) announce team. They spent the entire night calling Ryback a selfish, whiney bitch, and then when The Shield came out, they're all like "Why isn't Ryback helping Cena?" So dumb.

As for his promo work, he's fine for what he is. He doesn't grate on my nerves, or anything. He just went on for way too long last night.

Quote:
I'd actually prefer they just get beat in a match in the near future where there's a stipulation that if they lose they must disband. I enjoy The Shield, but I'm ready to see Ambrose on his own, and even Rollins too. I'm sure Reigns will get a nice push since he's big and related to The Rock, but he's obviously the worst of the three. If they do expand though, Hero would be the perfect 4th man. He should've been the third member from the get go, not Reigns.
Chris Hero? Is he even with the WWE?

The moment The Shield breaks up, is the moment these guys become jobbers. I'd rather have them expand The Shield, and then have them wrestle in singles matches. Gotta keep their threat level intact.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #2226
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Kofi winning the title makes no sense unless someone's getting pushed.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #2227
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Chris Hero? Is he even with the WWE?

The moment The Shield breaks up, is the moment these guys become jobbers. I'd rather have them expand The Shield, and then have them wrestle in singles matches. Gotta keep their threat level intact.
Yeah, they just changed his name. He's Kassius Ohno in FCW. He's supposedly debuting soon.

I don't think they'll all become jobbers after breaking up. I think Dean will be the next big star in WWE.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #2228
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #2229
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Yeah, they just changed his name. He's Kassius Ohno in FCW. He's supposedly debuting soon.
Ah'.

Quote:
I don't think they'll all become jobbers after breaking up. I think Dean will be the next big star in WWE.
I'd like to believe that, but I just look at the way they treat their established stars, and up and comers(like Cessero for instance), and I just don't see it. I do like Ambrose, but I think he's in the wrong era. The only way these guys will get really over, is by having a CM Punk moment. The booking style of the WWE won't do these guys any favours, except for maybe Reigns, because he's big, and one-dimensional, which is what the WWE is looking for these days. Ambrose and Rollins will end up jobbing to guys like Orton and Sheamus in no time, once they are by themselves.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #2230
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
I'd like to believe that, but I just look at the way they treat their established stars, and up and comers(like Cessero for instance), and I just don't see it. I do like Ambrose, but I think he's in the wrong era. The only way these guys will get really over, is by having a CM Punk moment. The booking style of the WWE won't do these guys any favours, except for maybe Reigns, because he's big, and one-dimensional, which is what the WWE is looking for these days. Ambrose and Rollins will end up jobbing to guys like Orton and Sheamus in no time, once they are by themselves.
We'll see. I have faith that someone with as much IT factor as Ambrose will get a push, eventually. He's the only Shield member who has been given any real character. The commentators always put over how eccentric and crazy he is, I love it. Plus he's the best guy on the mic right now in the whole company IMO. Sure Cesaro is getting jobbed out currently, but to be fair he isn't very over. I think even after The Shield is over Dean will retain his overness and warrant a decent to main event push. Only time will tell, but I hope to God I'm right.