Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 222 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #2211
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
With Cena, they can't possibly ignore the reactions he's getting for too much longer. He's getting boo'd everywhere. He's not getting heel heat, he's getting real heat. They can't ignore the crowds, and continue to pretend that he's a face for too much longer. Cena seems to be getting a bit more sarcastic with the fans, so hopefully his full heel turn in imminent.
He's had real heat for a very long time but I've never heard a crowd chant "boring" to a top face before, its pretty damning. I don't see a heel turn anytime soon though. Another face will need to step up before it can happen.

Quote:
I don't know about suffering. Edge, Punk, Bryan, Ziggler....not a bad list.
Majority of those reigns were awful. The champs come across as opportunists incapable of legitimately winning the belt. Not to mention the Miz and Swagger reigns completely bombed and have forever harmed them. Punk had enough talent to eventually overcome bad booking and Bryan was lucky the post mania crowd got him over with 'yes' as he bombed as well.

Ziggler lost nearly all of his matches this year and now suddenly he's champ. They think titles get people over but they don't, being booked as a legitimate champion gets you over. The fact a champ can lose a belt by being forced to compete crippled or unconscious is just lame in my eyes. It's a novelty that provides 1 shock moment at the expense of good booking.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #2212
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Majority of those reigns were awful. The champs come across as opportunists incapable of legitimately winning the belt.
I'll admit, it's kinda old now. It was a brilliant idea when Edge cashed in the first one. It was a twist that nobody saw coming. That novelty has long worn off.

Quote:
Not to mention the Miz and Swagger reigns completely bombed and have forever harmed them. Punk had enough talent to eventually overcome bad booking and Bryan was lucky the post mania crowd got him over with 'yes' as he bombed as well.
I was out of the loop for Miz and Swagger, but could just imagine how much they sucked.

Bryan didn't really bomb. The WWE just wanted him to(I've heard Vince isn't his biggest fan), and the fans let their voices be heard. To say that MITB is a curse, is a bit of stretch. I would say winning the US or IC title is more of a curse these days, 'cause it just means you'll be jobbed out every week, in non-title matches, to percieved main eventers who are lost in the shuffle, like Orton, or Sheamus.

At least with MITB, it's just a briefcase. It doesn't mean you're all that special, just that you might be one day, when it's cashed in.

Quote:
Ziggler lost nearly all of his matches this year and now suddenly he's champ. They think titles get people over but they don't, being booked as a legitimate champion gets you over.
I agree and disagree. I think it all depends on the wrestler. Look at Del Rio for instance. He was booked fairly well as Champion. Never got jobbed out, defended his title multiple times, but did it really add any prestiege to the belt? Not really, because Del Rio is such a bland character, who has never really evolved. Take away Ricardo, and he's a potential 3MB member. People have to care about the wrestler, before they put any stock into the championship.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #2213
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Excellent RAW!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #2214
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

The Fandango theme has shot overnight into the u.k singles charts. It has currently broken into the top 20 and is still climbing!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #2215
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Man RAW was awesome last week. The crowd really helped and doubt I'll take this episode off my DVR for a while. Good shit!

Fandangoo!!! I've been singing the praises of Johhny Curtis since his creepy gimmick and feud with Bateman/Maxine in NXT. About time we get a different type of character too instead of a boring debut/non-gimmick.

Poor Hero/Ohno got a bunch of his teeth knocked out by Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed in TNA). Happened a few months ago but didn't see this pic til now

Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #2216
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Fandangoo!!! I've been singing the praises of Johhny Curtis since his creepy gimmick and feud with Bateman/Maxine in NXT. About time we get a different type of character too instead of a boring debut/non-gimmick.

Poor Hero/Ohno got a bunch of his teeth knocked out by Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed in TNA). Happened a few months ago but didn't see this pic til now
I haven't seen any of Fandango's early work. Personally I thought he was iffy at mania but that could be down to nerves as debuting infront of 80,000 is insane. But its reassuring you say he was good in his NXT days.

I heard about Ohno getting his teeth knocked out, OUCH . He had a match against William Regal on NXT and apparently its incredible which doesn't surprise me as Regal's matches against ambrose were amazing. Gonna try and watch it.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #2217
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

I made this

Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #2218
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Nice to see it's back to business as usual for RAW.

IC champ gets jobbed out.

WHC gets jobbed out.

Fandango-ing is now lame, and played out, thanks to the WWE telling everyone how "super cool and hip" it is, and how "everybody's doing it". Fuck me, these guys could fuck up a shit sandwich.

Other than that, meh. Ryback/Cena is alright, but just have Ryback join The Shield already. Nice botch by the production crew tonight as well. I'm sure Vince blew his top over that one.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #2219
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Ryback/Cena is alright, but just have Ryback join The Shield already.
For the love of God, no. Not only would that suck, it'd make 0 sense.

Shitty RAW tonight.

Possibly the worst opening to RAW I've ever seen. Orton & Sheamus vs Big Show? What the Hell were they thinking starting the night with this? Wow 2 former world champions can beat the heel who was at a disadvantage! Cool!

Cesaro's lengthy title reign ended in an unpromoted match with a guy they are OBVIOUSLY never going to do anything with. Kofi wins yet another midcard title..ZzZzZzZ. Hopefully Cesaro is moving up the card, or is reuniting with Hero (Ohno) whenever he debuts. They could take the tag titles off of Hell No.

Agree with what you said about Fandango. I still want to see it take off, but it was dumb for them to hype it up and show all those videos tonight. The shitty NC crowd no selling it (and just about everything else the whole night) certainly didn't help matters. Thank Christ they're in England next week.

Wade and Truth feuding for the IC title? No. Just fucking no.

I don't mind that Swagger beat Ziggler. I wanted Swagger to win the title at Mania. It'll add him and make it a triple threat. Swagger vs Ziggler vs Del Rio isn't all that interesting, but it's more appealing to me than just Ziggler vs Del Rio.

The Shield attacking Cena didn't make sense and it was obvious it was just done to further the Cena/Ryback storyline. They have already beaten Cena in a match and had stopped attacking him. They should've had at least some sort of continuation in the Shield vs Brothers of Hell No feud other than announcing a match for next week. Hopefully that match doesn't have a real finish. That match deserves to be a PPV match, and the way Extreme Rules is shaping up, the only match I'd watch the PPV to even see.

Why is Ryback even getting a title shot? He hasn't won a PPV match in like 6 fucking months. His promos are fucking terrible, btw. Pretty dumb to turn him heel though. Why are they so Hell bent on turning every face that gets over heel, while keeping the face who always gets booed face?

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #2220
Se7en
Send... More... Paramedics

Se7en is bout to buy an alligator for his birthday

Glad I decided to miss Raw this week as it could only go down from last week.

With Punk gone for a while there isn't anything that I want see.