Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 220 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #2191
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
Only surprise so far is Henry winning. Pretty decent/average Mania so far.
I think it's been pretty damn good so far. I don't expect too many surprises in the mid-cards.

Shield won
Fandango won.

Not too shabby.

Team Hell No won....Zzzzzz. Time to split them up, and let some real tag-teams, like The Uzo's take over.

Swagger/Del Rio has bee alright so far.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #2192
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Damn good match.

And people question The Undretaker's ability. Damn good match. That is why Taker continues to perform. What a match!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #2193
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Lots of interesting possibities, which usually means the WWE will go down the most boring, and predictable route possible. Cena wins. Handshakes. Hugs. Tears. Fireworks. Me questioning my purchase of WM.
Goddamn you past self! Why are you always right?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #2194
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Goddamn you past self! Why are you always right?
Decent show. Most predictable 'Mania in years though.

Punk/Taker was fantastic.
HHH/Lesnar was much, much better than their SS match.
Rock/Cena was better than last year. Loved the last ten minutes.

Everything else was meh.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #2195
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
Decent show. Most predictable 'Mania in
years
though.
Which makes it so fucking annoying.

Quote:
Punk/Taker was fantastic.
HHH/Lesnar was much, much better than their SS match.
Rock/Cena was better than last year. Loved the last ten minutes.

Everything else was meh.
Actually, I thought the mid-carders stole the show. Even Fat Henry, pinning Ryberg was a nice surprise. The Shield won, along with Fagdango,....it was alright. The show got off to a nice start, and then it just died.

I really don't know how they think Cena being a face champ, works. The man is absolutely hated. There is no way around it. People just hate this guy, no matter how much the WWE wants to pretend they don't.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #2196
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is back

Quote:
Which makes it so fucking annoying.

Actually, I thought the mid-carders stole the show. Even Fat Henry, pinning Ryberg was a nice surprise. The Shield won, along with Fagdango,....it was alright. The show got off to a nice start, and then it just died.

I really don't know how they think Cena being a face champ, works. The man is absolutely hated. There is no way around it. People just hate this guy, no matter how much the WWE wants to pretend they don't.
I came to terms with how the matches were going to end a long time ago. I would've been 10x more annoyed if I was expecting WWE to do something different. Lower card was entertaining, but nothing special.

- The way Ryback lost was stupid (I'm happy he lost, but it was a bad finish)
- Shield match was entertaining but I didn't like the angle at the end.
- Hell No/ZiggE would've been fine if Ziggler cashed in later on. Don't see why they keep having him losing. They should be building him up if the 'E wants him to be more than a transitional champion.
- Fandango/Jericho had the right finish, but was an overall disappointing match.
- Del Rio/Swagger was a solid match. Would've benefited from Ziggler cashing in and having a three way match set up for Extreme Rules.

Aside from the matches themselves the main issue with the show was the pacing. They had all the undercard matches at the start with big match after big match at the end. You can't have any match follow Taker/Punk because the crowd gets so emotionally invested during the match that they need a cool off period afterwards. Shouldn't have scrapped the tag match either. Would have been extremely useful after the Punk Match.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #2197
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Pretty crappy Mania, not a single match was as good as Punk vs Cena from RAW a few weeks ago.

-Miz wins the IC title. Ugh. Hopefully they take it off him and put it on Fandango SOON.
-The Shield match was a good opener. Right team won, plus Dean even got the pin. That guy is gonna be huge in a year or two. Excellent performer.
-Super glad Mark beat Ryback. I can't fucking stand Ryback. It's stupid booking since Ryback is mega over, and the WWE needs new top faces. Plus he just beat up Henry after the match so I don't see why he didn't just get the win. Hopefully they just decided not to push this guy.
-Surprised Hell No won. I'm ready for Bryan to go off on his own and do something else.
-Glad Fandango won, but not a great match. The ending was kind of shit.
-Didn't want Alberto to win, but I knew that he would. Dolph should've cashed in tonight. Fun match though.
-Undertaker vs CM Punk was match of the night, but not GREAT. Not enough drama in this match compared to Taker's past few matches at Mania. I see no reason for the streak to continue past 20-0. I'll be glad when this guy retires. Personally, I'd love to see Cena end the streak next year with Taker tapping in the middle of the ring. Perfect way to turn Cena heel, if they ever grow the balls to pull the trigger.
-The fans didn't seem into Brock vs HHH at all, and I don't blame them. Not sure why HHH is going over Brock, Brock is a much bigger asset to the company at this point. Another guy who doesn't know when to hang it up. Don't worry guys, Triple H will still be around to take a WM spot away from a younger, more entertaining guy next year too. ZzZzZzZzZ..
-Glad Cena got his win over The Rock, in a match I liked better than their one from last year. Second best match of the night in my eyes. The ending with Cena leaving the ring without getting to celebrate, then Rock's music playing, and Cena and Rock posing together at the top of the ramp made me fucking sick though. Cena should've just beat him last year and that be the end of it, but nope, Rock's going to CONTINUE wrestling and will be at WM 30. "Yay."

Oh, I was 7-2 on predictions. Not bad. Only wrong on Hell No and Henry winning.

Last edited by Nightmare; 04-07-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #2198
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

I swear, Vince McMahon is running some sort of fucked up, social experiment of "will they change the channel?"

Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #2199
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
I swear, Vince McMahon is running some sort of fucked up, social experiment of "will they change the channel?"
Shit, it's not like anybody's gonna demand a refund. They knew how many buys they were gonna get for this show. So it was like "Fuck you! Like we give a fuck if you order Extreme Rules or not! Our signature show; our shot to shit played out formula!" I'd say I'm glad I didn't order this shit on a stick but that would be pretending I ever even considered ordering it this year.

Although Brock jobbing begs the question of whether they actually want to make back any of that massive Brinks trucks of money they're paying him to work three matches a year? Or is Vince that petty that he's willing to pay Brock a bunch of money just to job him out; kind of like Hogan paying Woiyah a million dollars to get his win back eight years later.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #2200
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
-The fans didn't seem into Brock vs HHH at all, and I don't blame them. Not sure why HHH is going over Brock, Brock is a much bigger asset to the company at this point. Another guy who doesn't know when to hang it up. Don't worry guys, Triple H will still be around to take a WM spot away from a younger, more entertaining guy next year too. ZzZzZzZzZ
The reason the crowd was dead during the match was because it was right after Punk/Taker. You need a match to "cool down" the crowd after something like that.

I'm sure the plan was for the divas tag match to go after it but got cut due to time restraints.