Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 206 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #2051
Se7en
Send... More... Paramedics

Se7en is bout to buy an alligator for his birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much giving them tomorrow night to impress me with something, ANYTHING remotely fucking interesting, or I'm sitting out the WWE for a while.

It's just too damn predictable, and lame. Pretty sad, when any average PW fan can predict the next three months of programming to a tee.

You could hear a fucking pin drop in the arena, when Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus were finishing off the Rumble. It's all about twitter, youtube and merchandise now. Clearly, Vince doesn't give a flying fuck about what the live audience thinks about his product.

If it wasn't clear before, this shit is aimed squarely at ten year-olds, and I'm feeling dumber and dumber for watching it, as the weeks go by, and I'm at the end of my rope with this garbage.

Maybe I'm being a little extreme here, but when that Cena bubble finally bursts, the industry is going to crash hard. They have NOBODY else waiting in the wings. Just a bunch of mid-carders pretending they're stars. I like Ziggler and all, but he doesn't have "it". Nobody on the roster does, accept Cena, and there is only so long they can ride that wave.

/rant
In the last year it's gotten to the point where I lie to people about watching wrestling. WWE has been a while, but it's gotten ridiculous in the past year.

I've been watching non stop since '02 and in the past 6 months I've only finished 3-4 full Raws. I don't even bother with Smackdown anymore.

Maybe we're not giving them enough credit and Rock gets stripped tomorrow because of inconclusive evidence or something.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #2052
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Maybe we're not giving them enough credit and Rock gets stripped tomorrow because of inconclusive evidence or something.
Nah', it'll get sorted out with The Elimination Chamber. They already advertised the participants tonight(another WTF moment).

Heyman's getting fired tomorrow as well. Shit just gets better and better. Christ.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #2053
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

I enjoyed the Rumble for the most part but I would have felt pretty bad throwing down $54.99 to watch it and thank god for Lemon Sport All in all the WHC match was pretty good, the Rumble match itself was awesome when Jericho popped up (being that behind Stone Cold he's my 2nd favorite of all time), and The Rock vs Punk match although predictable was pretty damn entertaining. Honestly I don't mind Punk losing even though I think he should have dropped it at EC since he'd have nowhere to run, or have any outside interference. All in all I'm hoping they go with the planned Undertaker vs Punk match at Mania. All in all I'd give the ppv a good 7 outta 10. I don't see to much happening at EC though being that it will be the most predictable ppv of the year before Mania. I'm not kidding if you're a fan and have been following the product like we do you can just about predict whats going to happen.

Quote:
In the last year it's gotten to the point where I lie to people about watching wrestling. WWE has been a while, but it's gotten ridiculous in the past year.

I've been watching non stop since '02 and in the past 6 months I've only finished 3-4 full Raws. I don't even bother with Smackdown anymore.

I myself usually watch it on Youtube later in the week after reading a few reviews online to see if its worth watching. Other than that reading about it is the only way I keep up with it anymore.

Quote:
Heyman's getting fired tomorrow as well. Shit just gets better and better. Christ.
I hope you're wrong about that. I myself don't see that happening just yet though but then again that's just my opinion and usually I'm wrong.

Quote:
And I'm 100% sure Punk is going to retain. There's no way the WWE will put the title on him and not show up for house shows for two months. Not that Punk is this huge, amazing draw but I imagine people still pay to see the champion.

I see Brock interfering to help Punk.
I was hoping for a Brock run in last night but sadfully I was let down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by zaglewiz; 01-28-2013 at 06:41 AM.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #2054
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #2055
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
Cena wins the rumble was the easiest prediction in WWE history. Rock will win tonight and then hang it up for good when he loses to Cena in wrestlemania.
Pretty much that's what's going to happen. I've been predicting this for months. So predictable cookie cutter wrestling. The way Cena eliminated Ryback was predictable and lame as well.

The Rock/Punk match was entertaining .. You could tell Punk was trying to rough up The Rock now and then which was cool.

But overall it was predictable.

It's nice to see Jericho back .. He'll probably be fed to someone working their way up the food chain like Ryback to make them look good.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #2056
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

Ryback should have won the Rumble. I don't like the guy but it beats the hell out of seeing Cena vs. Rock again at Wrestlemania. Who wants to see Cena get his win back from Rock AND the WWE Title all in one fell swoop ? I hope the crowd boos the fuck out of that match.

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #2057
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post
Ryback should have won the Rumble. I don't like the guy but it beats the hell out of seeing Cena vs. Rock again at Wrestlemania. Who wants to see Cena get his win back from Rock AND the WWE Title all in one fell swoop ? I hope the crowd boos the fuck out of that match.
I agree I'm not crazy about Ryback either but he's been built up pretty well which is unusual in WWE and a Rumble win would really push him as this unstoppable force. Instead they dropped the ball when he got eliminated cleanly, slowing his momentum and harming his perception.

Personally when I watch WWE I see a brilliant roster but the booking is just God awful so no one becomes a legitimate main eventer. Ziggler is amazing, the crowd want him to make it big but instead they bury him with bad losses to Cena.

Rock Vs Cena 2 I don't care for and it will only serve to put Cena over but he already is so whats the point? I understand the match is a draw but book it so it doesn't harm everyone else. Stupid booking is why we don't have breakout stars.
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #2058
Se7en

Quote:
That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post
Why couldn't they have had Ryback win and go for the world title, then at Elimination chamber have a triple threat match with Cena/Rock/Punk? You still get the same thing with Rock/Cena at 'Mania but you put Ryback over even more. All the losses against Punk would be void if he goes and gets the title at Mania.

Whatever though. Tonight was solid. Loved Punk/Rock, Heyman/Vince and really enjoyed the Sheamus/Sandow and Orton/Cesaro matches. Brock return was cool but it's so obvious that this is leading to another match against HHH.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #2059
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Well, RAW at least had some moments, in between a bunch of bullshit. I mean, it's pretty sad when the announce team are pointing out how stupid some of the segments are. Especially the poor Divas. I think Kaitlin and Tamina can bring some respect back to the division, but not with bullshit like that.

The matches for the most part were good, but pretty pointless. Why is Cessero fighting Orton, and more to the point, losing to Orton? Why is Sheamus fighting Sandow? Why is Cena fighting Cody Rhodes? Why are the titles never on the line? Why? Why? Why?

The main storylines were good though. Rock/Punk is getting heated. I have a feeling they really don't think much of each other. Punk calling out Rock on the swearing was awesome. As if to ask why only The Rock gets to break all the PG rules? That whole promo was great.

Brock returning is cool, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure out where this is headed. At least Heyman didn't get fired though.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #2060
Se7en

Quote:
The main storylines were good though. Rock/Punk is getting heated. I have a feeling they really don't think much of each other. Punk calling out Rock on the swearing was awesome. As if to ask why only The Rock gets to break all the PG rules? That whole promo was great.
Loved that as well.

Also glad Punk didn't come out and bitch about being robbed of the title like every other generic heel does. His approach & energy was great.