Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 200 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #1991
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
There's nothing I'm looking forward to less than Triple H getting his win back over Bork Laser. I guess Ryback will be getting one of the belts at WM so he won't be facing Bork. Then there's the obvious UT/Bork match where storyline-wise they could credibly build Bork as a guy 'Taker got taken apart by twice cleanly over a decade ago thus a legit threat to end the streak.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind Triple H getting his win back sooner than WM by way of some clusterfuckery involving the Undertaker (lights go out, funeral bells chime, Bork shits his pants, eats pedigree) or Bork is literally killing Triple H and 'Taker respects him now so he makes the save. Or what the fuck ever. Anything is better than the foregone conclusion of Triple H getting his win back. That's just such an anti-climactic waste of a guy that is as much of a special attraction as The Rock.
I still think there is an outside chance that they may scrap HHH/Lesnar, in favour of Rock/Lesnar. It makes zero sense to have Rock win the title in his current role(even though it's very likely going to happen), so I would love to have Lesnar make the save for Punk at the RR(after The Shield gets their asses handed to them), and start a small feud with The Rock, culminating at WM.

Then you could have the full timers doing full time stuff, like you know, holding the title, and keep the sideshows apart from the everyday goings on at WWE, and still get crazy buyrates for WM.

I like the Taker Idea as well, but I just think 20-0 sounds so sweet, that another victory would kind of diminish it a bit......somehow....I know it doesn't make much sense when you read it.

I don't know why they'd do HHH/Lesnar again anyways. I know it did good numbers, but the match itself stunk up the joint. Especially coming off of Cena/Lesnar, and the brutal expectations that it caused. I expected Lesnar/HHH to be more of a fight, with some stiff work, and some blood, not an old-school wrestling match. Judging by the crowd reaction, they were expecting that too. The first match was a huge disappointment, and I really don't care to see another. Unfortunately, Trips basically runs the company these days, so you just know he's booking his revenge tour as we speak. Trips also probably wants a better sendoff as well. Retiring to the chants of "You tapped out!", was probably not exactly what he was hoping for.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #1992
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I still think there is an outside chance that they may scrap HHH/Lesnar, in favour of Rock/Lesnar. It makes zero sense to have Rock win the title in his current role(even though it's very likely going to happen), so I would love to have Lesnar make the save for Punk at the RR(after The Shield gets their asses handed to them), and start a small feud with The Rock, culminating at WM.

Then you could have the full timers doing full time stuff, like you know, holding the title, and keep the sideshows apart from the everyday goings on at WWE, and still get crazy buyrates for WM.

I like the Taker Idea as well, but I just think 20-0 sounds so sweet, that another victory would kind of diminish it a bit......somehow....I know it doesn't make much sense when you read it.

I don't know why they'd do HHH/Lesnar again anyways. I know it did good numbers, but the match itself stunk up the joint. Especially coming off of Cena/Lesnar, and the brutal expectations that it caused. I expected Lesnar/HHH to be more of a fight, with some stiff work, and some blood, not an old-school wrestling match. Judging by the crowd reaction, they were expecting that too. The first match was a huge disappointment, and I really don't care to see another. Unfortunately, Trips basically runs the company these days, so you just know he's booking his revenge tour as we speak. Trips also probably wants a better sendoff as well. Retiring to the chants of "You tapped out!", was probably not exactly what he was hoping for.
I totally get what you’re saying about 20-0 being a nice tidy number to wrap the streak up at. I mean if it somehow continues even another year you just know they’ll try their damndest to drag it all the way out to 25-0 which begs the question: how the hell is ‘Taker gonna be able to drag his carcass down to the ring that many more times? Especially since he may never return to even semi-regular action again. Although since we’ve heard nothing indicating he’s actually done I fully expect him crawl out of his hole sometime around Elimination Chamber.

Now if they can spray the old bastard with a fresh coat of WD-40 and procure enough zombie powder there are still some fresh money-making WM match-ups for UT: Cena, Ryback or even Rock or Brock. Even Punk could do his disrespectful shit with the pipe bombs but nobody would really buy him as a guy that might legitimately end the streak so that’s not one anybody would be too amped about. My best guess is the streak only makes it to 23-0.

Personally I see no reason for the streak to end and doubt it will end. I think the last guy they legitimately considered fit to end it was Batista and since Ryback’s in a similar monster mold you have to wonder if they’d consider having him end it. Cena’s a fresh match-up and with the Superman bullshit he’s always pulling at least it would feel like a guy very capable of ending the streak and a guy they’d actually consider putting over UT. If ‘Taker got the streak snapped by either of these guys they’d probably feel like they were recreating the passing the torch thing they did Hogan/Warrior at WM 6. Of course the backlash over Cena ending the streak would be nuclear and I doubt they’d turn him heel just to do it so he wouldn't even be getting any rub. Besides Vince apparently is already grooming Ryback to be the man since Cena’s been Superman for a good half decade now. If anybody ends the streak it will probably be Ryback.

I’m pretty certain Rock/Cena II at WM has been set in stone since even before last year’s WM although again that’s another foregone conclusion of Cena merely getting his precious little win back like Triple H over Bork. No chance of Rock taking a brahma bull dump all over Cena’s chest then drowning that punk in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles? FUCK THAT RE-HASH SHIT.

But this back-to-back formula is nothing new considering UT’s recent rematches at WM. It’s almost like they’re going for a boxing feel making these marquee match-ups (UT/HBK, UT/HHH, now Cena/Rock) seem more important by being spaced so far apart and only happening at the REAL major events; same deal with Triple H/Bork being a rematch from Summerslam.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #1993
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

We better not see Cena/Rock 2

Its so obvious Cena would win.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #1994
TheReturnOfSarsoor
Rotting Corpse

TheReturnOfSarsoor has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post

Rock will win at Royal Rumble and then defend it in a triple threat match at No Way Out against Ryback and Punk and win again. He will go on to face Cena at Wrestlemania and lose to Cena.
TheReturnOfSarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #1995
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Im a bit of an old school wrestling fan. I started really getting into it around Summerslam 91 and quit watching it not long after wwe bought out ecw and wcw. Im not really into the newer wrestlers. I liked wrestlers like Shawn Michaels, Ultimate Warrior, Ro Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, and many others. Some of my favorite matches are Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage at WM7, Mick Foley vs. Undertaker Hell In A Cell, and a few other non wwe matches.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #1996
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post

Cena/Rock was shitty enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
Rock will win at Royal Rumble and then defend it in a triple threat match at No Way Out against Ryback and Punk and win again. He will go on to face Cena at Wrestlemania and lose to Cena.
I see Lesnar interfering at the Rumble to have him and Rock at 'Mania, and leave the title to Punk/Cena. The Rock isn't going to be at any house shows, or wrestle on Raw/Smackdown so putting the title on him is pointless. Makes more sense to build a money match instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Im a bit of an old school wrestling fan. I started really getting into it around Summerslam 91 and quit watching it not long after wwe bought out ecw and wcw. Im not really into the newer wrestlers. I liked wrestlers like Shawn Michaels, Ultimate Warrior, Ro Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, and many others. Some of my favorite matches are Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage at WM7, Mick Foley vs. Undertaker Hell In A Cell, and a few other non wwe matches.
God I miss HBK.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #1997
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Cena/Rock was shitty enough.
It wasn't that bad. Rock's timing was a bit off, but other than that it was fun. They also kind of shocked us all, by letting The Rock win it.

Quote:
I see Lesnar interfering at the Rumble to have him and Rock at 'Mania, and leave the title to Punk/Cena. The Rock isn't going to be at any house shows, or wrestle on Raw/Smackdown so putting the title on him is pointless. Makes more sense to build a money match instead.
As cynical as I can be towards Cena, I can't deny that Rock/Cena 2 is the biggest money match they could possibly do. Brock is an attraction, but he's not even drawing the numbers he did in the UFC, and didn't really give RAW any sort of ratings boost. I also don't think we need to see Cena/Punk for the millionth time either. Good matches and all, but they've pretty much exhausted what they can do with each other.

I'm hoping for Brock/Rock, but I seriously doubt it. The WWE is way too predictable for that to happen. The card will more than likely be:

HHH/Lesnar
Punk/???(possibly Austin or Taker)
Cena/Rock II

The thing about Cena and The Rock, is that they can sell a fight with words. Brock is pretty inept on the mic, and couldn't run a two month program with The Rock, in today's WWE.

Quote:
God I miss HBK.
Don't we all.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #1998
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
IAs cynical as I can be towards Cena, I can't deny that Rock/Cena 2 is the biggest money match they could possibly do. Brock is an attraction, but he's not even drawing the numbers he did in the UFC, and didn't really give RAW any sort of ratings boost. I also don't think we need to see Cena/Punk for the millionth time either. Good matches and all, but they've pretty much exhausted what they can do with each other.

I'm hoping for Brock/Rock, but I seriously doubt it. The WWE is way too predictable for that to happen. The card will more than likely be:

HHH/Lesnar
Punk/???(possibly Austin or Taker)
Cena/Rock II

The thing about Cena and The Rock, is that they can sell a fight with words. Brock is pretty inept on the mic, and couldn't run a two month program with The Rock, in today's WWE.

Don't we all.
I was thinking about Taker/Punk (Would love that) but I feel like that wouldn't be a believable match with Taker winning against two of the best the last four years. In those matches I actually felt like his streak was in danger. Don't see that at all with Punk.

And hopefully we don't get HHH/Lesnar as their match at SummerSlam was terrible, and the lead up to it wasn't the greatest either.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #1999
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Considering Vince's hard-on for Ryback as "his Goldberg" if Punk keeps the title 'til WM which is definitely going to happen once he likely gets past Rock at Rumble, the logical conclusion is Ryback finally winning the belt at WM. Otherwise they've just effectively Lex Lugered the motherfucker.

Hotshotting the belt to Alberto Dorito can only mean they're fixing to hand the ball (other currently lesser belt) to Ziggler.

Which leaves a bunch of really odd prospective opponents left to sift through for 'Taker.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2000
TheReturnOfSarsoor
Rotting Corpse

TheReturnOfSarsoor has no status.

I'm watching Raw just for the chance that Stone Cold might show up for the 20th anniversary. He missed the 1000th episode there is no way he will miss this. Stone Cold IS Raw!
TheReturnOfSarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote