Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 197 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #1961
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I've never understood that old-school mentality, that says you can't show up the main event. The audience just wants exciting wrestling no matter who is in the ring. Even back in the Attitude era, when some ECW talent would get tryouts, some ended up being blacklisted, because they would be throwing each other through tables during dark matches.

It doesn't even make any sense. Hogan was the biggest star in the company, with a moveset that was impossible not to show up. Then you have other stars, like the Hardys, who would've gone absolutely nowhere, if they were limited to "traditional" wrestling.
One thing WCW had going was opening shows with high flying cruiserweight action. Got the crowd into it and was cool to see some crazy moves before the rest of the card that would have more ring psychology. Got the crowds pumped and hot for the start of things. It's beyond stupid that WWE limits movesets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
The writers have to go. These past two weeks have proven how sketchy any sort of storyline is, in the hands of these fucking baffoons. They promote a SS main event, with a storyline that has some relevance, with Foley and Punk. Then they just change it to Ziggler/Foley, with no explanation whatsoever. Why would Ziggler feud with Foley? It makes no goddamn sense.

You watch, now they're going to work on getting Foley out of that match, and make him a special guest referee for the triple threat, and what was once the main event at SS, will just be another match. There's better promotional work being done in Roller Derby. It's pathetic.
It sounds like they are changing things at the last minute or re-writing full shows the day before. Scary way to book your product. That SS match has gone through many changes already and leaves me shaking my head. Plus Vicky going after AJ makes no sense as she had an affair with Edge......they could at least make a small effort to remember storylines and not insult the audience's intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vomited Soul View Post
I agree with the bad writing, but they quit the doing the match stoppage thing a while ago. And I like the focus on ring psychology, because it means we don't get bullshit like that Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards superplex spot. That's not my idea of better wrestling. Wrestling should be storytelling, not a platform for somebody to show off.
The fact that they started the blood stoppages signaled they went bat shit crazy into super PG mode. Doesn't really matter if they have stopped it that's not really the point here.

I'm also not advocating spot fests with allowing wrestlers more freedom in the ring. But if Daniel Bryan wants to break out a Japanese Ocean Cyclone suplex he should be allowed if his opponent is alright with it.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #1962
Vomited Soul
Fresh Kill

Vomited Soul has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
The fact that they started the blood stoppages signaled they went bat shit crazy into super PG mode. Doesn't really matter if they have stopped it that's not really the point here.

I'm also not advocating spot fests with allowing wrestlers more freedom in the ring. But if Daniel Bryan wants to break out a Japanese Ocean Cyclone suplex he should be allowed if his opponent is alright with it.
I never disputed that they went too far, but the fact is, they stopped. That shows they at least realized how big a fuck-up the match stoppages were. I don't see the point of bringing it up like it's still happening.

And I guess it's just a matter of preference. People should be allowed to go all-out when a title is on the line, but it's really not necessary for Punk to bust out a Pepsi Plunge on a random Raw match. Throwing that stuff out all the time diminishes the impact.
Vomited Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #1963
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

There's really only been two or three incidents of blood being allowed so we are not that far off from that period. One of those incidents included Rhodes on Smackdown where they could, and did, censor the match to show minimal effects from the cut in the back of his head. We need another head busting incident to see where they stand.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #1964
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
There's really only been two or three incidents of blood being allowed so we are not that far off from that period. One of those incidents included Rhodes on Smackdown where they could, and did, censor the match to show minimal effects from the cut in the back of his head. We need another head busting incident to see where they stand.
Lesnar/Cena was stopped. It was a half-assed stoppage, and Cena still bled plenty afterwords, but still.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #1965
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

WWE NXT is awesome .. Lots of ROH talent.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #1966
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

Note to WWE. Put Dean Ambrose on main roster. He's ready damn you.

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #1967
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

I haven't watched wrestling in years I grew up during the nitro/raw era well I was a teenager anyway I watch that TNA from time to time they seem to have a few older wcw wrestlers I like.

Should I get back into it ?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #1968
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

It's cool to see CM Punk with the year long title run. Too bad he'll lose it to The Rock at the Rumble.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #1969
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Happy Ambrose is now on the main roster. Bit bummed Ohno wasn't added to the mix but sounds like they are considering a NXT invasion storyline. I think WWE will drop that idea though. Can't wait to see Ambrose bring the crazy.

Sucks that Kenneth Cameron of The Ascension was arrested and released. Hopefully this doesn't fuck things up for O'Brien. I say replace Cameron with Corey Graves or Curt Hawkins if he's going to be healthy in the next couple months.

I would love to see Ohno pull this out in a WWE match:

Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #1970
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

I've heard so much hype about Ambrose, that if he's anything less than the second coming of Austin, it will be a disappointment.

I like what I've seen though. He's got a great look for a heel, and seems comfortable on the mic. I've only seen a handful of his FCW in-ring work though. What I saw was sound, but nothing I could really judge him on.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote