Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 157 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #1561
sarsoor
BANNED

sarsoor has no status.

Send a message via MSN to sarsoor Send a message via Skype™ to sarsoor

If only there was such a thing as the fountain of youth. Austin could rule the WWE forever and make it interesting.
sarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #1562
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

I feel liek alot of the personalties are just the " Jacked out of hsi mind good guy/bad guy" What happened to the brood, Hurricane helms, 2 cool, Rock, ect. Now its just a shit load of angry looking white guys.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1563
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
I feel liek alot of the personalties are just the " Jacked out of hsi mind good guy/bad guy" What happened to the brood, Hurricane helms, 2 cool, Rock, ect. Now its just a shit load of angry looking white guys.
Nah, they've got more personalities now, than they did when they were looking for the next Austin/Rock, which I guess turned out to be Cena. They just don't do anything significant with them, to seperate one guy from the other. You can be a jobber one week, and feuding with the champ the next, and vice versa.

The main problem in my eyes, is that the belts don't mean shit. None of them. Even the world titles, which are around the right people's waists right now, are just props, and pretty much insignificant. The main event at WM is a one-off, non-title, completely irrelevent circuis match. I like The Rock, but he's not sticking around, so why emphasize the big importance over it? His match with Cena is completely pointless in the grand scheme of things, but we're all supposed to give a shit, because they told us to.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #1564
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse

aaronmb has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
I keep thinking they look like Jersey Shore/lame reality show ripoffs.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #1565
CANADARULES
I Eat Brains!

CANADARULES is looking forward ot Jaws being released on blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Fixed! I've always been a fan of Regal on a serious note and if I where to choose what he should be doing it would be announcing.

I think that was when Mysterio won the RR and lost to Orton only to be thrown into a triple threat match with Angle, Orton, and himself at Mania that year. I remember that one but there could be another?
nice!! He hasn't done much lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Or how about if it made any sense at all to have the match. I don't want to shit all over it, as it was a damn good match, I just don't get the logic of it all. They had that 15 minute match, so Jericho could do his long overdue run-in on Punk. That would've been great, if that was Jericho's return, but we've been seeing this idiot do this "Jeritroll" bullshit for weeks, seemingly building to something, and then he just does a traditional heel move, and attacks the popular champion. What the fuck was all that previous nonsense for? Nothing makes a lick of sense. The firing of John Laurenitus is interupted by the fucking Undetaker, wanting a rematch with HHH? Huh? They're just throwing shit at the screen, and hoping it sticks.

Why did they have Ziggler job to Orton? Orton is feuding with an NXT graduate on Smackdown. Ziggler just fought for the biggest title in the company. It's just frustrating at how stupid it all is.

What the fuck is going on in those creative meetings? It reminds me of Raw in the early 90's, where there would be maybe one feud going on, in between a bunch of random matches, with no flow to the show whatsoever. It's just sad, because the talent pool is probably the deepest it's been in years, and they have them doing nothing.

Grrrrr!

/rant.
Running out of talent. Everyone is retiring as it seems.

Undertaker prob be the next one to go. (Retire)
CANADARULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #1566
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Anybody else find it fucking weird, that "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan looks as good as he ever was? Does this guy even age? He's been stuck in this "49 year-old, ex-football player/alcoholic" body, since his debut. It's mind-boggling at how good he looks. I've been watching this guy since I was five, and he looks practically identicle today.

Cyborg?

Last edited by Heretic; 02-03-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #1567
Boddicker
Fresh Kill

Boddicker is pondering the logic of evil.

All the great personalities are gone. Macho Man, Lou Albano, Paul Bearer, Ultimate Warrior, The Bushwhackers, etc.

It seems like WWE is pushing the "normal guy" persona on everybody. What happened to the craziness of the 80's? I feel old
Boddicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #1568
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Just imagine a world where WWE would allows more of this attitude with our glorious World Heavyweight Champion!:

YES!YES!YES!

Last edited by Outpost #31; 02-04-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: clarified......still asleep this morning :)
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #1569
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Just imagine a world where WWE would allow all these moves with our glorious World Heavyweight Champion!:

YES!YES!YES!
To be fair, there isn`t anything in that clip that he couldn't do in the WWE. He's pretty much the same guy, although I'd love to see him pull out that reverse full nelson/bridge submission. He's probably saving that one for Wrestlemania.

Check out CM Punk's indy stuff, if you want an example of a wrestler being restrained in the WWE. Just once, ONCE, I'd like to see the Pepsi Plunge.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #1570
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Whoops meant more of that attitude than the moves. He can do a ton more than that video shows which I don't think we'll see much of in WWE. I'd like to see the WWE unleash that violent vicious attitude (it's going in that direction so we can only hope!).

It's sad that WWE limits guys and clips their wings. I remember being astonished at how diluted guys like Super Crazy, Tajiri, and Ultimo Dragon back in the day and now it still happens to guys like Bryan, Punk, and Kidd. I also hate the common attitude for low card talent of "the lower card guys can't show up the mid/upper card talent" bullshit.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote