MLB 2014 Thread - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Default MLB 2014 Thread

Pitchers and catchers reporting this week has me excited! Although it does have me a little sick to see reports out of Florida where they are wearing short sleeve shirts and I just got done 2 hours of shoveling 12 inches of snow

AJ Burnett now a Phillies. Not sure I like this one as it doesn't seem like Philly is going anywhere this year unless everybody is healthy. Cole Hamels is hurting and Phillies management always lies about injuries so I look for him to have TJ surgery by July. Burnett throws grounders and gets strike outs which is good at CBP. He's such a sourpuss prick though and will be hard to root for him. My best buddy is a Pirates fan and I've already received nasty text messages about it!!!!!!

Anybody interested in a Roto Fantasy Yahoo baseball league? I can PM details if anybody is interested. All we ask is that people keep up on their teams and don't give up after 3 weeks of the season.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is gonna go back in time and give Obama's dad a condom

I'm in as always
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Sadly it's dead around here as far as MLB.

Baseball is by far my favorite sport.

What's your predictions this year Outpost??

A.L

East: Sox

Central: Royals yeah you heard it here first my Royals are going to take it!

West: Angels they should be better this year but Oakland will be right there.

Wild Card: Tigers/Oakland

N.L

East: Atlanta

Central: St.Louis

West: Arizona

Wildcard: Pitt/Cincy
Old 02-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #4
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Sadly it's dead around here as far as MLB.

Baseball is by far my favorite sport.

What's your predictions this year Outpost??

A.L

East: Sox

Central: Royals yeah you heard it here first my Royals are going to take it!

West: Angels they should be better this year but Oakland will be right there.

Wild Card: Tigers/Oakland

N.L

East: Atlanta

Central: St.Louis

West: Arizona

Wildcard: Pitt/Cincy
I have to sit down and look things over better (which I usually have already done by this point in the spring being a sports geek but I'm slipping!). Your list looks good and I agree that the Royals will surprise a lot of people this year.

I know who won't be winning the NL East: The Phillies
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
I have to sit down and look things over better (which I usually have already done by this point in the spring being a sports geek but I'm slipping!). Your list looks good and I agree that the Royals will surprise a lot of people this year.

I know who won't be winning the NL East: The Phillies
I wouldn't count them out.

Miami is young and NY is still trying to figure things out.

Atlanta is the staple but I don't like their starting rotation.

Philly could be hanging around.

Injuries can happen!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't count them out.

Miami is young and NY is still trying to figure things out.

Atlanta is the staple but I don't like their starting rotation.

Philly could be hanging around.

Injuries can happen!
The Nats look scary good this year. Adding Doug Fister was a brilliant move and I'm a big fan. Their rotation will be very scary if healthy. Some good young hitters in there too. Atlanta doesn't look all that impressive this year but can never count those fuckers out. The Mutts will be The Mutts and Miami is young but very talented. It's going to be fun to watch the NL East this year. I think the Phillies will not do so well and will lead to the overly needed removal of Reuben Amaro Jr as GM. That guy sucks balls!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
The Nats look scary good this year. Adding Doug Fister was a brilliant move and I'm a big fan. Their rotation will be very scary if healthy. Some good young hitters in there too. Atlanta doesn't look all that impressive this year but can never count those fuckers out. The Mutts will be The Mutts and Miami is young but very talented. It's going to be fun to watch the NL East this year. I think the Phillies will not do so well and will lead to the overly needed removal of Reuben Amaro Jr as GM. That guy sucks balls!
How do you feel about Charlie getting the boot and Ryne stepping in?
Old 02-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
How do you feel about Charlie getting the boot and Ryne stepping in?
I love Charlie to death but it was apparent that the team wasn't playing hard under him and he wasn't pushing them like a manager should be. I'm happy they retained him in the front office. He will probably be one of the most remembered managers of the Phillies history.

On a side note Jim Fregosi (scout and former manager of the Phillies, Blue Jays, and some other teams I'm probably forgetting....Angels?) passed away He was one of my favorite managers and always was entertaining.

I like Ryne but still need to see more out of him. He seems to push the players more which is needed. I hope he can handle in game decisions better than Charlie. Charlie had no clue how to properly use his bullpen and struggled with double changes in late innings. I still think the team is in trouble though and we will need a mini rebuild very soon.

I forget do you like the Blue Jays? That's sticking in my mind but I'm probably wrong!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
I love Charlie to death but it was apparent that the team wasn't playing hard under him and he wasn't pushing them like a manager should be. I'm happy they retained him in the front office. He will probably be one of the most remembered managers of the Phillies history.

On a side note Jim Fregosi (scout and former manager of the Phillies, Blue Jays, and some other teams I'm probably forgetting....Angels?) passed away He was one of my favorite managers and always was entertaining.

I like Ryne but still need to see more out of him. He seems to push the players more which is needed. I hope he can handle in game decisions better than Charlie. Charlie had no clue how to properly use his bullpen and struggled with double changes in late innings. I still think the team is in trouble though and we will need a mini rebuild very soon.

I forget do you like the Blue Jays? That's sticking in my mind but I'm probably wrong!

Royals my man I live in KC been a Royals fan my whole life! Like you Phillies fans except the run you had a few years ago it's been heartbreaking the majority of the time

Yeah I caught that Jim had passed!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Royals my man I live in KC been a Royals fan my whole life! Like you Phillies fans except the run you had a few years ago it's been heartbreaking the majority of the time

Yeah I caught that Jim had passed!
I love when underdog teams do well and make the playoffs. Was happy to see Pittsburgh finally make it back after decades of disappointing years. I don't know as much as I should about the Royals but know they have some very talented young players. Were you happy with the Bruce Chen signing? He has had some surprising years so could get something decent from him.