Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem - Page 80 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #791
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
Spoiler Below
Like the priests or whatever they were jacking off dildos
What the hell is that all about.
I have no idea what that was about but it was pretty stupid. I laughed pretty hard when I saw it. I think Rob Zombie was just trying way to hard to disturb people and he failed miserably.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #792
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post

that scene will haunt me for the rest of my life.
well, there you go...

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #793
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
Well I thought it had a pretty downbeat ending, given that
Spoiler Below
she completely lost all free will and became a mindless vessel. At least that's how I interpreted it, given the white eyes.
see, i interpreted it as
Spoiler Below
her joyous ascension towards being a part of something greater, something that was poised to destroy the christian world. she just looked so beautiful and content, and the trio of modern day witches, who i loved, looked in a way that we would usually ascribe to seeing the light of christ. i thought it turned usual expectations upside down, and revealed itself to be a somewhat pro-satan movie

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #794
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
see, i interpreted it as
Spoiler Below
her joyous ascension towards being a part of something greater, something that was poised to destroy the christian world. she just looked so beautiful and content, and the trio of modern day witches, who i loved, looked in a way that we would usually ascribe to seeing the light of christ. i thought it turned usual expectations upside down, and revealed itself to be a somewhat pro-satan movie
Now that you say that, that's pretty much how I interpreted it, as well, but It didn't take me until the end of the film. The plot was entirely predictable, very basic, in the way the story is told. Lots of stupid exposition "hmm, I believe the Lords might be the LORDS OF SALEM!!" Well, no shit Mr. Professor, we figured that out when we put the movie on in the first place."

And I just think the movie went out of it's way, to stay artistic, and not show any gory moments, when it didn't need to.
Spoiler Below
That scene at the beginning, with the birth, was so toned down, imo. There's just screaming, and then a baby is just there. Even a silly movie like Wrong Turn 2 made this moment more horrifying. And then I guy gets beat over the head with a pan, relentlessly, and just has some blood dripping off his forehead. I for sure thought "here it comes, the big payoff moment, a guys gonna get his head bashed in"..... but nothing.

BUT. I was able to enjoy the film for its experimental visuals, and it's premise. I also loved those 3 witches, like you, Actually, I thought most of the acting besides Sherri Moons was consistent.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #795
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
Now that you say that, that's pretty much how I interpreted it, as well, but It didn't take me until the end of the film. The plot was entirely predictable, very basic, in the way the story is told. Lots of stupid exposition "hmm, I believe the Lords might be the LORDS OF SALEM!!" Well, no shit Mr. Professor, we figured that out when we put the movie on in the first place."

And I just think the movie went out of it's way, to stay artistic, and not show any gory moments, when it didn't need to.
Spoiler Below
That scene at the beginning, with the birth, was so toned down, imo. There's just screaming, and then a baby is just there. Even a silly movie like Wrong Turn 2 made this moment more horrifying. And then I guy gets beat over the head with a pan, relentlessly, and just has some blood dripping off his forehead. I for sure thought "here it comes, the big payoff moment, a guys gonna get his head bashed in"..... but nothing.

BUT. I was able to enjoy the film for its experimental visuals, and it's premise. I also loved those 3 witches, like you, Actually, I thought most of the acting besides Sherri Moons was consistent.
She was so fucking bad in this movie, the bitch cannot act.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #796
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
She was so fucking bad in this movie, the bitch cannot act.
Ya, I don't wanna get on her too bad, I just think Mr. Zombie should stop putting her, in every movie. He'd benefit from it, product wise. Like someone else mentioned, he also needs to get some decent writers in his camp.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #797
VampressTristine
BANNED

VampressTristine has no status.

Rob actually showed some directorial flair in Lords. Now that it tanked, along with his latest album, he has sworn to leave the horror genre and avoid horror themes. I'm sure he'll be missed.
VampressTristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #798
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is showing you the dirty side of heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampressTristine View Post
Rob actually showed some directorial flair in Lords. Now that it tanked, along with his latest album, he has sworn to leave the horror genre and avoid horror themes. I'm sure he'll be missed.
If you are the said ''Heathen'' member....I've been looking for you. Join my forum..it would be an honor. CountOrlok is already there speading wisdom. If you are not, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
Her voice is very sweet. Like sitting on a rain cloud, eating fairy floss.

Wonderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #799
VampressTristine
BANNED

VampressTristine has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
If you are the said ''Heathen'' member....I've been looking for you. Join my forum..it would be an honor. CountOrlok is already there speading wisdom. If you are not, my apologies.
I'm new here, so if that's an inside joke, it's lost on me. However, if you need some help moderating your new forum, I'd be glad to pitch in (I'm assuming it's new because of your presence here).
VampressTristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #800
FukO
We'll Do You Last

FukO is in love with Ramona Flowers!

So from what I've been reading in this thread, Salem is a big steaming pile. I might watch it if it smears its way to Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcanis View Post
He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".
FukO is offline   Reply With Quote