Rob Zombie's The Lords Of Salem - Page 45 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #441
ChainsawMikeSVE
Fresh Kill

ChainsawMikeSVE is tryin' keep control of the controls... im losing control

Send a message via AIM to ChainsawMikeSVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
some actors work very well with certain directors

Robert deNiro - Martin Scorsese
Leonardo DiCaprio - Martin Scorsese
Johnny Depp - Tim Burton
George Clooney - Steven Soderbergh

I don't mean to compare Rob Zombie to any of these directors, but sometimes actors and directors know how to work with each other to get the best possible results.
Agreed- most directors have their key actors that just click perfectly... but there's usually some kinda versatility to their actors yanno? Other times, unfortunately it's like self-type casting themselves.... oh and can't leave out Raimi and Campbell from that list, and Tarantino and Uma
What the fuck is wrong with you that you would ever say such an unholy thing like that????
ChainsawMikeSVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #442
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is the Sadie Saxton of BD...

Here's why I FUCKING LOVE Rob Zombie!!!!! Check out the amazing imagery in this short preview of The Lords Of Salem I'm very excited for this to come out....Make sure you rock out afterwards!!!

The Bear Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #443
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

It looks like HOTC Part 2.

It looks like shit.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #444
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
It looks like HOTC Part 2.

It looks like shit.

It probably looks like shit because some kid recorded it with his cell phone...

You say that like it's a bad thing, I think HOTC looked brilliant . It's pretty obvious that Zombie was influenced by Dario Argento in many ways visually, especially in terms of lighting....
Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #445
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

i'm with you, bear jew. i am excited as fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckYEEHAW (in yer faces, haters). i like the look of this movie, as i have all of rob's flicks, and i am excited to see him do his own thing (i mean, he's been doing his own thing, just with established characters, and rather brilliantly, i might add, in the case of halloween 2).

people seem to have made up their minds about rob: "ooh, he overuses fuck and white trash and his actors and blahblahblah." for those of us who are pickin up what rob is putting down--ferociously original and uncompromising vision--this is very exciting.

now don't get me wrong; i know rob is merely a human, but, with the exception of his first halloween, i haven't been let down, but rather, i've been invigorated, disturbed, and challenged. the look of it from that clip gets me very hot and bothered, and i am once again thrilled with his casting.

cannot fuckin wait.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #446
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Is the cow gonna be the killer in this one too?
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #447
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
i'm with you, bear jew. i am excited as fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckYEEHAW (in yer faces, haters). i like the look of this movie, as i have all of rob's flicks, and i am excited to see him do his own thing (i mean, he's been doing his own thing, just with established characters, and rather brilliantly, i might add, in the case of halloween 2).

people seem to have made up their minds about rob: "ooh, he overuses fuck and white trash and his actors and blahblahblah." for those of us who are pickin up what rob is putting down--ferociously original and uncompromising vision--this is very exciting.

now don't get me wrong; i know rob is merely a human, but, with the exception of his first halloween, i haven't been let down, but rather, i've been invigorated, disturbed, and challenged. the look of it from that clip gets me very hot and bothered, and i am once again thrilled with his casting.

cannot fuckin wait.

Rob Zombie is my favorite contemporary horror director....

I can see why some people are put off by Zombie, His white trash characters and their love for obscenities are usually what people cite as a major turn off. But one can't deny his penchant for brutality or his equally stunning visual flair...

I for one thought H2 was a very interesting, brutal film. Zombie actually made a sequel that in essence quit being a sequel and became his own original vision. Take away the names Dr. Loomis, Laurie Strode and Michael Myers( more like Michael Firefly) and this doesn't even resemble a Halloween film, and that's why I love it. It took a tired concept and turned it on it's head.

Once Zombie opened with that intense hospital homage and quickly pulled the veil and revealed that it was only a dream I knew I was in for a sequel unlike any other, Rob Zombie wasn't playing by the normal set of rules and he wisely chose to take an alternate route than the countless other Halloween sequels that just tried to take the exact same, tired route that the previous installment took. Did this make Zombie any new fans? Probably not and it only cemented the hate that most Halloween fanboys felt for him.

I for one am glad he's doing an original film and feel that The Lords Of Salem should get him back on the track he was heading after he completed The Devil's Rejects.

My only minor complaint towards Zombie is that he should direct someone else's script next as I would like to see another writer's story come alive through his eyes...
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #448
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post

Rob Zombie is my favorite contemporary horror director....

I can see why some people are put off by Zombie, His white trash characters and their love for obscenities are usually what people cite as a major turn off. But one can't deny his penchant for brutality or his equally stunning visual flair...

I for one thought H2 was a very interesting, brutal film. Zombie actually made a sequel that in essence quit being a sequel and became his own original vision. Take away the names Dr. Loomis, Laurie Strode and Michael Myers( more like Michael Firefly) and this doesn't even resemble a Halloween film, and that's why I love it. It took a tired concept and turned it on it's head.

Once Zombie opened with that intense hospital homage and quickly pulled the veil and revealed that it was only a dream I knew I was in for a sequel unlike any other, Rob Zombie wasn't playing by the normal set of rules and he wisely chose to take an alternate route than the countless other Halloween sequels that just tried to take the exact same, tired route that the previous installment took. Did this make Zombie any new fans? Probably not and it only cemented the hate that most Halloween fanboys felt for him.

I for one am glad he's doing an original film and feel that The Lords Of Salem should get him back on the track he was heading after he completed The Devil's Rejects.

My only minor complaint towards Zombie is that he should direct someone else's script next as I would like to see another writer's story come alive through his eyes...
]

Well said BJ.

Can't wait for this.

Last edited by The Geek; 05-14-2012 at 07:57 PM.
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #449
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Rob's wife is in this movie too, huh?...That's cute.

No starring role, no BJ's in the Zombie household, I guess.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #450
tymishu78
I Eat Brains!

tymishu78 is going to keep them babies out the damn street!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Rob's wife is in this movie too, huh?...That's cute.

No starring role, no BJ's in the Zombie household, I guess.

Seems like the likely scenario doesn't it! And, I hate when people try to defend her. She sucks as an actress. Some people make her out like she's the Meryl Streep of horror movies they way they babble on about her. She's easily the wrost thing about all of his movies. When the chicken fucking hillbilly in TDR out acts you and he's only in the movie for two minutes? Time to find a new line of work.
3. Jada Fire
4. Kobe Tai
5. Vanessa Del Rio
6. Brigitte Lahaie
7. Vanessa Blue
8. Lupe Fuentes
9. Codi Bryant
10. Sinnamon Love
tymishu78 is offline   Reply With Quote