Ultimate Jason Figure Appreciation Thread - Page 5 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia.

Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia. posters, figures, whatever.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #41
skubasteve
Not Dead Yet

skubasteve is under the influence of illicit drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis View Post
http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/s...format-figure/

Sideshow Collectable’s Part 3 Premium Format Figure
By jasonsfury • August 13, 2010

"Sideshow Toys has been teasing this entire week about a special Friday the 13th surprise. Now we know what they have in store for fans. The fans are going to be getting a brand new, Premium Format Part 3 Jason Voorhees Figure! That’s right, for those fans that have been asking repeatedly for this very thing to take place, here is your chance to finally own the very figure you have been, well, dieing for.

Check out the preview images of the figure now!

--"jasonsfury"

Here's how it turned out...

skubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #42
skubasteve
Not Dead Yet

Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #43
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubasteve View Post
Here's how it turned out...
Wow...awesome pics! Thanks for posting these, man. Ironically, these photos you took of the real artical are far more impressive than the promotional ones displayed on Sideshow's own official website, which initially left me rather unimpressed. These pics, however, are giving me second thoughts...and I find myself contemplating the notion of saving up some cash with the ultimate goal of eventually picking up one of these bad boys for myself!

Question: I seem to recall seeing a pic of the head sculpt displaying Jason's ugly visage sans hockey mask. Yet I also seem to recall previous indications that the mask is permanently attached to the face and is non-removable. There was some speculation the figure would come with an alternate head, but looking at those pics...I don't see any seperation point where the head could be detached and an alternate one put in its place. So, what's the deal? Did Sideshow completely abandon a visible facial sculpt altogether? Or is there some mysterious alternate maskless head that somehow impossibly attaches to the figure? Or is the mask removable in the first place? It doesn't look like it is, as the strap appears to be sculpted directly onto the head...but I could just as easily be mistaken...
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 08-06-2011 at 08:26 PM.
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #44
skubasteve
Not Dead Yet

Yeah I agree, while Sideshow produces some amazing statues their product photos leave a lot to be desired. In my opinion they would be much better served if they had any photographer worth a paying for. My guess is they must have someone already on staff that has the added responsibility to take the product photos. They could be much better.

This statue comes with an alternate head sculpt. I just didn't take pics of it because I have no intention of displaying it that way. The separation point is well hidden below Jason's shirt collar.

Not my pic...

In all honesty I wasn't expecting much from this piece but after receiving it, it's definitely become one of my very favorites. It's fucking massive as well. I think it was said best by another lucky owner. "This statue has presence."
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #45
Red Panda
Not Dead Yet

Red Panda is The scourge of Carpathia

Wanted to get this figure so bad but I missed the preorder on the exclusive. I'm holding my breathe on the waitlist. Everybody who got it seems to prefer the axe but I would need to have the machete hand set for display.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #46
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

I've had this one for many years. It's not big but it's cool.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #47
Warduke
Not Dead Yet

Warduke is hanging out in the attic, making phone calls...

I got my Jason Premium pt 3 figure a couple of weeks ago and it's the centerpiece of my collection, looks absolutely amazing. I didn't go for the exclusive edition because of the inflated price, and I wouldn't display it w/o the mask anyways. I have the previous FvsJ premium Jason as well even though I HATE the Franken-Jason look.....that movie should just not exist.
Warduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #48
joe6panther6
Fresh Kill

joe6panther6 is Around... Somewhere

I think I'll be picking up Cinema of Fear's version today.

youtube

DeviantART
joe6panther6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #49
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Default Sideshow's Premium Format Jasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warduke View Post
I got my Jason Premium pt 3 figure a couple of weeks ago and it's the centerpiece of my collection, looks absolutely amazing. I didn't go for the exclusive edition because of the inflated price, and I wouldn't display it w/o the mask anyways.
What kinda sucks is that we both could've had the exclusive edition for the exact same retail price as the regular version, had either of us signed up early enough for the pre-order on Sideshow's website...that is, if I'm correctly understanding Sideshow's pre-order policies. My excuse is that I couldn't scrape up enough money at the time to even begin saving for a pre-order. Still can't even afford the regular edition at the moment!

But I do plan on getting it eventually, unless I can't find one for a reasonable price when the time comes ($280 or less)...if that's the case, I'm just going to design my own custom 18-inch, using the mask from Neca's quarter scale FvJ figure, the head from either Neca's 1:4 remake fig or the 18-inch Screamin' model kit, and the body and some of the clothes from the Diamond Select quarter-scale "Indiana Jones" figure.

I'd also like to design a custom "Grim Reaper" style Jason with a hooded cloak, utilising Diamond Select's quarter scale Emperor Plapatine figure with the above mentioned mask and head(s)...Building custom 18-inch Jason "kit-bashes" is far less expensive then purchasing a Premuim Format version from Sideshow, plus you have the added sentimental bonus of knowing that your own sweat and tears went into a significant portion of the thing's construction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warduke View Post
I have the previous FvsJ premium Jason as well even though I HATE the Franken-Jason look.....that movie should just not exist.
That's precisely why I didn't even concern myself with Sideshow's Premium Format FvJ fig when it was first announced...can't stand FrankenJason. The movie itself would've been just slightly more tolerable if they'd modeled his look after Parts 3 & 4. Or even VI and/or VII would've been preferable to what we got. The jacket especially needed to go, as did the "sympathetic eyes". The iconic mask is at its utmost creepiest when the eyes are kept mostly in shadow anyways, like "nightmare Jason" as portrayed by stuntman Tom Morgha for the opening dream-sequence of 'Part V'...
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 11-09-2011 at 08:44 AM.
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #50
Warduke
Not Dead Yet

Warduke is hanging out in the attic, making phone calls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis View Post
What kinda sucks is that we both could've had the exclusive edition for the exact same retail price as the regular version, had either of us signed up early enough for the pre-order on Sideshow's website...that is, if I'm correctly understanding Sideshow's pre-order policies. My excuse is that I couldn't scrape up enough money at the time to even begin saving for a pre-order. Still can't even afford the regular edition at the moment!

But I do plan on getting it eventually, unless I can't find one for a reasonable price when the time comes ($280 or less)...if that's the case, I'm just going to design my own custom 18-inch, using the mask from Neca's quarter scale FvJ figure, the head from either Neca's 1:4 remake fig or the 18-inch Screamin' model kit, and the body and some of the clothes from the Diamond Select quarter-scale "Indiana Jones" figure.

I'd also like to design a custom "Grim Reaper" style Jason with a hooded cloak, utilising Diamond Select's quarter scale Emperor Plapatine figure with the above mentioned mask and head(s)...Building custom 18-inch Jason "kit-bashes" is far less expensive then purchasing a Premuim Format version from Sideshow, plus you have the added sentimental bonus of knowing that your own sweat and tears went into a significant portion of the thing's construction...

That's precisely why I didn't even concern myself with Sideshow's Premium Format FvJ fig when it was first announced...can't stand FrankenJason. The movie itself would've been just slightly more tolerable if they'd modeled his look after Parts 3 & 4. Or even VI and/or VII would've been preferable to what we got. The jacket especially needed to go, as did the "sympathetic eyes". The iconic mask is at its utmost creepiest when the eyes are kept mostly in shadow anyways, like "nightmare Jason" as portrayed by stuntman Tom Morgha for the opening dream-sequence of 'Part V'...
I got mine at bigbadtoystore.com for 264.99 + 45 shipping to Canada so it'd probably be cheaper in the states. I was going to convert my Michael Myers 18" Neca body w the Neca FvsJ head and mask into a Part 5 Roy figure eventually when I have time. I'm still partial to Jason in part 6, CJ Graham was the man, and I agree with the eyes, when you can't see them it makes it so much better.
Warduke is offline   Reply With Quote