What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 51 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 AM   #501
Barlow
Fresh Kill

Barlow has no status.

Phantasm
Phantasm II
Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead
Phantasm IV: Oblivion

Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #502
Sam Haine
BANNED

Sam Haine is trying that Halloween shit with Bucky.

Bad Lieutenant -- Turned it off after 20 minutes. Not my cup of tea. Would rather rewatch Reservoir Dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
Surrogates--thought it was kinda boring.
It bored me silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Jacob's Ladder 8/10
I love surreal horror, but this one also bored me.

Last edited by Sam Haine; 07-26-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Sam Haine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #503
boy, interrupted
Fresh Kill

boy, interrupted has no status.

Splice 3.5/5

Some people could find Splice a bit too weird, especially if they are squeamish, but i personally liked the fact that the film made me a little uncomfortable. I thought it was a fascinating movie, both this and Inception are two of the most unique things i've seen this year. I think my score for this could go up with repeat viewings.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #504
awwstin
Rotting Corpse

awwstin is flickr.com/awwstin

Send a message via AIM to awwstin

Blacula '72
Gremlins '84
Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #505
ruemorgue
Send... More... Paramedics

ruemorgue is buried within sweet pandemonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy, interrupted View Post

Splice 3.5/5

Some people could find Splice a bit too weird, especially if they are squeamish, but i personally liked the fact that the film made me a little uncomfortable. I thought it was a fascinating movie, both this and Inception are two of the most unique things i've seen this year. I think my score for this could go up with repeat viewings.

I didn't like this movie at all.

I watched 'the Runaways' last night. It was ok. Dakota Fanning did a good job.
ruemorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #506
melch
Rotting Corpse

melch is eating green berets for breakfast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARLA View Post
The Runaways
Can't wait to see this, I've had a crush on Joan Jett since i was about 5 years old. how'd you like it?

Quote:

Predator 2 1/5

Or as i like to call it, Predator Poo.

I've nevert seen this before, my only experience with this film was back in 1992 when my cousin showed me the opening scene because you could see a vagina or something. He was amazed, as you can imagine, it did nothing for me.

Let's give the movie a run down shall we......

Scene 1: Predator gets knocked out, Danny Glover gets close to him, he says "you're one ugly.." and the Predator wakes up and says "Mother ****er!".

Scene 2: Danny and the Predator fight on a building edge, the Predator holds on tight before he falls and says "Holy shit!".

Scene 3: The Predator runs through an old womans apartement bathroom, Danny Glover comes in soon after and says to the old woman, "it's ok, i'm a cop", the old womna says "i don't think he gives a shit", refering to the Predator.

Basically, the film series went from atmospheric jungle action film, to COMEDY ACTION FILM.

And don't even get me started on Danny Glover.......WORST. ACTION STAR. EVER. The guy can barely walk properly with his inverted feet, let alone come across as a believable fighter against something like a Predator. It was like watching your neighbors Dad in an action flick. Shit actor.
Does anyone else think this guy looks like he might be mildly retarded?.......i'm being serious, he looks....."slow".

The urban setting was crap too. That's not what this creature is about, and it just looked lame having him running around the city. There was no mystique about the monster either, he just runs a muck blowing shit up and delivering bad one liners.

Some fans say the film is underrated, critics said it was a pile of crap. I'm going to have to side with the critics, it was bloody awful stuff. As a stand alone 80's action flick, it was SOMEWHAT entertaining, as a sequel to something as cool as Predator though, it was like someone took a dump right on my face.

If i want throw away Predator, i'll watch the first AVP. If i want a genuinly well made action classic, i'll watch the first Predator. Avoid this like a hooker with an STD.

Thank god for Predators.
Predator 2 was a great movie, you can go to hell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruemorgue View Post
I didn't like this movie at all.
Why? Looks good to me. I haven't seen it yet, I wan to make it a double feature with The Human Centipede.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #507
ruemorgue
Send... More... Paramedics

ruemorgue is buried within sweet pandemonium

[QUOTE=melch;2044405]Can't wait to see this, I've had a crush on Joan Jett since i was about 5 years old. how'd you like it?

hey melch "I'm your ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb"
I would give it a 6/10. Maybe my rating would have been higher if I wasn't dealing with a migraine while watching it.
I actually thought it would have been a little 'crazier' and that there would be more music but I liked Dakotas performance. She is a talented actress.

Why? Looks good to me. I haven't seen it yet, I wan to make it a double feature with The Human Centipede.

I want to see the Human Centipede too!
As for Splice, I guess I had my hopes up too high after hearing such great things. My mind wandered and I found that I was almost laughing to myself at parts that probably weren't intended to be amusing.
I just thought it was kind of stupid. Not my kind of movie I guess.
ruemorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #508
Klownz
It... Won't... Die...

Klownz is missing the old MTV when they played music videos.

Disturbia- Finally, got around to watching this. It kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time. Also, this is one of the few films where I like Shia in it. He did much better in this film, than in the Indiana Jones film.

8.5/10

Fight Club
The Hangover

1. Animal Factory
2. The Station Agent
3. Mississippi Burning
4. Sleepers
5. The Dark Crystal
6. Porky's
7. Sling Blade
8. Murder on the Orient Express
9. Punk Love
10. Cold Mountain
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #509
Cebonation04
Demigod

Cebonation04 is following Joe Carrol

Send a message via AIM to Cebonation04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownz View Post
Disturbia- Finally, got around to watching this. It kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time. Also, this is one of the few films where I like Shia in it. He did much better in this film, than in the Indiana Jones film.

8.5/10
Old 07-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #510
Brainfreeeeeze
It... Won't... Die...

Brainfreeeeeze is gettin greased up by lunch lady Doris

Quote:

Splice 3.5/5

I didn't think it was necessarily weird, just a bit ridiculous. It started out decent but as soon as Adrian Brody had sex with it it just got a bit over the top.

[QUOTE=ruemorgue;2044411]
Quote:
Originally Posted by melch View Post
hey melch "I'm your ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb"
I would give it a 6/10. Maybe my rating would have been higher if I wasn't dealing with a migraine while watching it.
I actually thought it would have been a little 'crazier' and that there would be more music but I liked Dakotas performance. She is a talented actress.
Runaways was a decent movie. It just felt like something was missing to make it really good. I actually thought Kristen Stewart did a good job in it.

Brainfreeeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote