What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3976 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #39751
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Apt Pupil"...OMG what a deadly movie. Great performance by Ian McKellen and a terrific one by Brad Renfro. Loved the blackmailing and trickery between there two characters. One moment that gave me goosebumps was when Renfro's character was ordering McKellen's character to march on spot and so on. As Ian's character was doing this u can see in his face that his mind was snapping back to WW2 and him being a Nazi soldier. Marching and turning faster and faster, all the while is facial expression growing more cold, dark, and distant .The pace and directing in that moment was unforgettable. VERY creepy scene! Kudos to Brad and Ian..they were both sensational!!

8.5/10
I love that film.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #39752
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
Children of Men - 10/10

Fuck. Can't believe I haven't seen this sooner.
Those long shots >>>
Old 05-11-2013, 04:35 AM   #39753
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Star Trek Into Darkness - 5/5

Went and saw this today and loved every second of it.

This is exactly how a sequel should be. It doesn't replicate the original but goes into a darker, more daring direction and surpasses it's first installment.

It's impossible to talk about even the most minor of plot points without spoilers so I won't reveal anything here, but the plot is a good one and is tight and focused.

The original cast return and everybody gets enough screen time, but once again Zachary Quinto proves that his casting of Spock is bang on. The interaction between him and Chris Pines Kirk is excellent, but this film truly belongs to Benedict Cumberbach. Not since Heath Ledgers Joker has a screen villain been so captivating. His John Harrison is cold and calculating and he just elevates every scene he's in. Every time he opens his mouth, the way he delivers his lines send chills. He really is the star of this show.

The film hits the ground running and doesn't let up. Seeing as all of the characters were introduced in the first film this one launches straight into the action and propels from set piece to set piece and the running time just flies by. The effects are great and for once the 3D actually serves its purpose.

I'm sure hard core trekkies could moan about something but for me this film is science fiction action blockbuster entertainment at its finest.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #39754
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post

This is exactly how a sequel should be. It doesn't replicate the original but goes into a darker, more daring direction and surpasses it's first installment.

It's impossible to talk about even the most minor of plot points without spoilers so I won't reveal anything here, but the plot is a good one and is tight and focused.

The original cast return and everybody gets enough screen time, but once again Zachary Quinto proves that his casting of Spock is bang on. The interaction between him and Chris Pines Kirk is excellent, but this film truly belongs to Benedict Cumberbach. Not since Heath Ledgers Joker has a screen villain been so captivating. His John Harrison is cold and calculating and he just elevates every scene he's in. Every time he opens his mouth, the way he delivers his lines send chills. He really is the star of this show.

The film hits the ground running and doesn't let up. Seeing as all of the characters were introduced in the first film this one launches straight into the action and propels from set piece to set piece and the running time just flies by. The effects are great and for once the 3D actually serves its purpose.

I'm sure hard core trekkies could moan about something but for me this film is science fiction action blockbuster entertainment at its finest.

Going to watch this one later today.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #39755
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Evil Dead (remake) 4/5
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #39756
bizarre_eye
The Living Dead

bizarre_eye is the lowest common abominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"The People Under The Stairs".......I really think people who describe this as JUST a horror comedy are missing the point. It's a classic fairy/folk tale, right down to the theme of the kid having to earn manhood and a "real name" by doing a heroic deed. Wicked step-parents, hidden treasure (gold coins, even!), creepy house with secret passages, monsters in the basement, captive maiden to be rescued, innocent villagers held in slavery by evil (land)lords - it's all there! I know this could be said of a lot of fantasy/horror films, but this one seems to be more clearly derived than most. The main cast is a riot. Brandon Adams, Everett McGill, and Wendy Robie are all so good in their roles. The character of "Alice" is my fave, and A.J Langer is terrific in the role!! Wes Craven delivered us a solid and inventive thriller with this one! Love it!!

9/10
My favourite Craven film
Old 05-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #39757
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:

For your standards, this review is too damn long.

If I had an IMAX theatre nearby, I would check it out there. You have to watch it on an IMAX screen, since the film was entirely (!) shot in IMAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #39758
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
For your standards, this review is too damn long.

If I had an IMAX theatre nearby, I would check it out there. You have to watch it on an IMAX screen, since the film was entirely (!) shot in IMAX.
But you loved reading it anyway
Old 05-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #39759
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
But you loved reading it anyway
It helped me to get my lazy ass into the theatre.
Had to see the Cumberbatch dude for myself. I kinda can't believe, he can embody a convincing villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #39760
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
It helped me to get my lazy ass into the theatre.
Had to see the Cumberbatch dude for myself. I kinda can't believe, he can embody a convincing villain.
He's sensational.