What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3937 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #39361
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is a Dark Lord of the Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
I've always wanted to see this to see if it lives up the its infamous reputation, but I just can't get past the shit eating, which I've seen clips of.
The Circle of Shit is the best part of the movie.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 AM   #39362
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
The Circle of Shit is the best part of the movie.
I feel ill just thinking about it.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #39363
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
I've always wanted to see this to see if it lives up the its infamous reputation, but I just can't get past the shit eating, which I've seen clips of.
I'm good with gore but stuff like that makes me gag. Subliminally it's probably why I haven't gotten round to this and Pink Flamingos .
Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #39364
floyd2006
The Living Dead

floyd2006 is In The Twilight Zone

Thing about salo and Pink Flamingos is in PF it's real
Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #39365
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Goon
Labeled an outcast by his brainy family, a bouncer overcomes long odds to lead a team of under performing misfits to semi-pro hockey glory, beating the crap out of everything that stands in his way.
I love Hockey-themed movies and this one delivered the goods as well. Many NSFW-lines, hilarious characters and Hockey-clichees, bonecrunching violence on ice and beside it make this a fun time. I liked it a lot.

4/5

Raging Bull
This is the story of the rise and fall of middleweight champion Jake LaMotta, which was masterfully executed by Scorsese for the big screen in 1980. This film has aged well imo, despite some erratic passages in the plot structure. He later definitely matured from this and learned to add a tighter narrative style to his films. Despite those minor complaints, Raging Bull delivers first of all visually and lives by the performance of method-acting maniac Robert DeNiro. He gives a lesson how a believable and blood-and-guts-perfromance has to look like. A first-grade powerhouse performance.
And don't forget Joe Pesci. This little fucker is one hell of a gifted actor too.

4,5/5

Quote:
Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom- This movie's reputation precedes it by about a mile, and l'm happy to declare that it lives up to that reputation abhorrently. It is a torrid journey through the repugnant circles of Hell, set in Nazi occupied Italy. It literally wallows in filth, in the most gleefully depressing manner, revelling in the basest animal deviances that can be imagined by man. This is what Hell must truly be like, a total absence of love and pleasure, replaced with mocking hate and constant indignities performed upon the frail human body, with all the dirt, blood, piss, and shit that accompany such extreme tortures. There are sexual perversions of all kinds, yet nothing in this film is the slightest bit arousing. Lots of full-frontal nudity here, with a good deal of 70s bush and uncircumcised studs that have been way too long out at pasture. The transfer for the Criterion Blu-ray is gorgeous, the picture quality being a little too good in certain scenes... I feel dirty after watching this, covered in a soul-searing grime that no shower can wash off. What a great, twisted, depraved movie this is. 7/10
Once you have watched it, you never forget it. I still have some problems to find the higher meaning behind it, at least the one Pasolini intended. But on closer consideration it still works for many demonic and devilish systems, in which humanity loses his face.
One of the most powerful and subsequently controverse movie of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #39366
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2006 View Post
Thing about salo and Pink Flamingos is in PF it's real
Surely not!? I assumed they would use a mashed up chocolate bar or something... If real i'm not sure I could stomach that scene...
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #39367
floyd2006
The Living Dead

floyd2006 is In The Twilight Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Once you have watched it, you never forget it. I still have some problems to find the higher meaning behind it, at least the one Pasolini intended. But on closer consideration it still works for many demonic and devilish systems, in which humanity loses his face.
One of the most powerful and subsequently controverse movie of all time.
Yeah, I like to push myself when It comes to movies, but I'm in no hurry to see Salo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Surely not!? I assumed they would use a mashed up chocolate bar or something... If real i'm not sure I could stomach that scene...
According to John Waters, it really happened...Divine ate dog shit
Old 04-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #39368
Yoxodo

l never even heard of Pink Flamingos 'til you guys mentioned it. Downloading now...
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #39369
Yoxodo

War of the Worlds (2005) - At first Tom Cruise seems terribly miscast in this Spielberg alien invasion flick, as a divorced everyday schmoe who starts off sort of deadbeat and unlikeable. Then the Martians attack, and Cruise's default God Mode is activated. Before you know it hes sprinting through barrages of Death Rays and swimming in pools of tri-pod infected blood, just like the old Tom we know and love. I really enjoy the dark nature of this film, and wish Spielberg would direct one more devilish horror-type venture before he retires. At this point he can direct a movie like Lincoln in his sleep. 6/10
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #39370
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Quote:
l never even heard of Pink Flamingos 'til you guys mentioned it. Downloading now...
Hmm someone eats shit in that move, i want to watch it! Let me know what you think. I'll deffo get round to it eventually as John Waters is an interesting dude.