What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3893 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #38921
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
The Collection - I hated the first one, but this was entertaining. 6.5/10
I thought you died! You need to post more!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #38922
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

The Gestapo's Last Orgy - 7/10
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #38923
gwally
Demigod

gwally is handing out candy in your neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
I hadn't seen 'Where Eagles Dare' for years (decades, more like), so I'd completely forgotten how twisty-turny the plot actually is. I sat down to watch a straightforward WW2 flick and ended up thinking: "Wait a second, the plan to rescue an Allied general isn't a plan to rescue an Allied general? Wait another second, the good guys are bad guys? Hold on a minute, the agents are double agents and the actual plan is... whaaaaa...? My braaaaain..."

And there's no way that movie feels like it's on for two and a half hours. Felt like an hour shorter. Sign of a damned entertaining movie.

I agree on all points!
I thinks it's one of his most underrated films. Most people think of his westerns and Dirty Harry roles and never even consider this one. Have you seen Kelly's Heroes? Both were directed by Brian G. Hutton.

Sinister
Old 03-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #38924
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Earthquake".....This 1974 disaster film is one of the best!! It stars Charlton Heston, George Kennedy, Ava Gardner, Geneviève Bujold, Lorne Greene, Richard Roundtree & Marjoe Gortner. A catastrophic earthquake hits Southern California and begins to level Los Angeles. However, the film does suffer a bit from old age and some over the top campy performances. A statement we see and hear a lot, but it's a fact that some film's stand the test of time while others do not. But we must remember this is 1974, and at that time they did one hell of a job on this film!!The main complaint of many is the long build up of the characters. Cries of "boring" can be read across internet legacy and critics blogs. I just don't see it that way! Yes we want the quake and the mayhem destruction that will follow it; because really this is a disaster film after all, but is it so bad that the film has heart to go with the crash bang wallop? After the build up of characters, where relationships and character traits are formed, the disaster strikes; and it doesn't disappoint. Utter destruction as effects and noise fill the eyes and ears with amazement. We are then treated to a series of sequences that hold and engage our attention, upsetting passages of human sadness, punctured by heroic surges as Heston and the fabulous Kennedy set about saving life. Then it's the film's fitting finale, where there are no cop outs, the makers choosing to go out with a darker edge than its detractors give credit for. Some can scoff at the blood splat effect(elevator scene), or rant about some of the acting on show, but Earthquake achieves two important things. One is that it entertains as a visual experience, the other is that it doesn't soft soap the devastating effects of an earthquake. Another great and epic 70's disaster film!!

8.5/10
Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #38925
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
I thought you died! You need to post more!!
I was computerless for a bit. Didn't wanna post from my phone. I'll probably post more often now.

Just finished Killing Them Softly. Good acting, violence well-shot. Way more political than I expected, which I didn't like. Throughout the movie characters are listening to political figures (mostly Bush and Obama) give speeches on the radio or on TV. After seeing, it I know it ties into the point the movie was trying to make, but going in I thought it was just a straight forward crime movie so that was disappointing. Some scenes dragged on a bit. Still worth one viewing though. 6/10

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #38926
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

King Of New York
A former king pin gets released from jail and immediately begins to settle old bills, bringing him again back on track. But the cops and rivals don't approve and soon it's an all out war in the streets.
Took me ages to get to it and boy, what did I missed. Fantastic, dark and gritty gangster genre gem with lots of strong violent shots. I need the Blu-ray asap.
I facepalmed myself a zillion times that I have missed this all these years.
Thanks to travis for drafting it and kicking my butt to get to it.

9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #38927
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is mental decay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
King Of New York
A former king pin gets released from jail and immediately begins to settle old bills, bringing him again back on track. But the cops and rivals don't approve and soon it's an all out war in the streets.
Took me ages to get to it and boy, what did I missed. Fantastic, dark and gritty gangster genre gem with lots of strong violent shots. I need the Blu-ray asap.

9/10
Great film! Walken is absolutely fantastic in it.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #38928
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
King Of New York

9/10
King of New York is great and I love Christopher Walken in it. Have you seen Bad Lieutenant? It's Abel Ferrara's best film and Harvey Keitel's best performance in my opinion, incredibly powerful.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #38929
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
King of New York is great and I love Christopher Walken in it. Have you seen Bad Lieutenant? It's Abel Ferrara's best film and Harvey Keitel's best performance in my opinion, incredibly powerful.
I drafted Bad Lieutenant in the draft competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #38930
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

^^^ King of New York is awesome. But my favorite Abel Ferrera film is still The Addiction.

Phil Spector- Wasn't expecting this movie to plead the man's case. l gotta say though, l'm not so sure about his guilt anymore after watching this...
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote