What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3875 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #38741
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is mental decay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Eraserhead
Lynch's first film revolves around Henry Spencer, who tries to survive his industrial environment, his angry girlfriend, and the unbearable screams of his newly born mutant child.
This movie was one big fucking nightmare, from start to finish. I felt exactly I was into one, it grasps you by the throat and doesn't leave hold of it. Totally surreal, bizarre and often very repulsive and many horror elements too. 100% Lynch.
Don't know how to rate it, but its definitely a movie worth owning. Everybody, who is into horror, should see it.
Big fan of Lynch, and I think Eraserhead is great. But I gotta say I prefer most of Lynch's other films over it, like Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #38742
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Big fan of Lynch, and I think Eraserhead is great. But I gotta say I prefer most of Lynch's other films over it, like Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive.
Wild At Heart...I love this movie so much. The media got mega excited about the graphic violence in it - this was the trigger to see it in theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #38743
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is mental decay.

Quote:
Wild At Heart...I love this movie so much. The media got mega excited about the graphic violence in it - this was the trigger to see it in theater.
Wild at Heart is fucking awesome. The violence, soundtrack, and visuals are great, and the casting is absolutely crazy.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #38744
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut - 7.5/10
Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #38745
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Eraserhead
Lynch's first film revolves around Henry Spencer, who tries to survive his industrial environment, his angry girlfriend, and the unbearable screams of his newly born mutant child.
This movie was one big fucking nightmare, from start to finish. I felt exactly I was into one, it grasps you by the throat and doesn't leave hold of it. Totally surreal, bizarre and often very repulsive and many horror elements too. 100% Lynch.
Don't know how to rate it, but its definitely a movie worth owning. Everybody, who is into horror, should see it.
I love Lynch and it has been many years since I've seen some of his films so I might give them a revisit. Problem is the blu ray releases have been poor, especially in the U.K. The boxset had to be recalled due to terrible glitches and even individual films like wild at heart had a shoddy transfer and was even cut. Apparently the boxset has been fixed so might risk buying it soon. Annoying that such incredible films are treated so poorly.

1. Candyman 1992
2. Don't Go in the House 1979
3. The Hills have Eyes 1977
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 1986
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #38746
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse

Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Don't, the sequel is horrid shit.

Black Horse Canyon - A wild black stallion called Outlaw frees lots of mares 'cos he likes four-legged hotties, so some cowboys have to try to capture and tame him.

See, this is what happens when you call a wild stallion "Outlaw"! It's your own bloody fault!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #38747
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10
Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #38748
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Stoker 2013 (9/10) - Thought Park Chan-wook did a superb job on this and its probably my 2nd favorite of his behind Mr. Vengeance. The depth to the film and the color scheme felt almost Kubrickian at times. Only criticism is things seemed to tie to well together at the end and if it remained more ominous it would have hit harder in my opinion.

1. Candyman 1992
2. Don't Go in the House 1979
3. The Hills have Eyes 1977
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 1986
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #38749
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Stoker 2013 (9/10) - Thought Park Chan-wook did a superb job on this and its probably my 2nd favorite of his behind Mr. Vengeance. The depth to the film and the color scheme felt almost Kubrickian at times. Only criticism is things seemed to tie to well together at the end and if it remained more ominous it would have hit harder in my opinion.
Troof. It was so marvelously photographed, that it instantly reminded me of the great and meticulous cinematography in pictures like the ones of Fincher & co. It was indeed a great feast for the eyes,a side form the great acting of Wasikowska.

I predict that Wasikowska will become a great actress someday. She was so hot in that film too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.

Last edited by Santa; 03-19-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #38750
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is smoking French Tobacco

Revenge of the Ninja - this is truly a b-movie martial arts flick with some hilarious scenes, and some slowed down, but decent action. Starring Sho Kosugi, watch as he dispatched a ninja star from his belt buckle, after fighting the village people, and after he hits his target, he swag walks away. Watch as a little 4-5 yr old kid gets in a long karate fight with a grown woman, and while you are thinking that she should just grab the boy, and tote him away, that's exactly what she does in the end. Pretty hilarious revenge story here. 7/10

BKO: Bangkok Knockout - decent movie about a team of martial artists, who are tricked into playing a deadly gameshow after they win a MA tournament. The actors are charismatic, and the martial arts is kinetic, and well choreographed. Lil goofy at times with some of the comedy, but that's just the asian way, I guess. 8/10
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote