What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3867 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #38661
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Amazons (1986) - 7/10

Sinister - 9/10
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #38662
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Hatchet - 8/10

Still one of my favorite slashers of the 2000's. It's not perfect, but it is entertaining, & imo, has a pretty damn good villain that may have potential to be great over the years. All in all, I think Adam Green has created a really solid slasher franchise that perfectly homages '80's horror movies for a newer audience.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #38663
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

The Call

Well holy shit. I never saw the trailer for this but from the consensus of reviews and general synopsis of this movie, I wasn't expecting much at all. In fact, I was bored as fuck and this was the only thing playing I had any interest in because I saw that Brad Anderson (Session 9, the Machinist) directed this. If you haven't seen the trailer, go and see this right fucking now. If you have, from what I understand you've seen just about the entire movie so it might not be as effective.

This movie was a pure adrenaline rush topped off with a twisted Silence of the Lambs-esque finale. I feel that more mainstream audiences are downright going to reject the final 1/4 of this movie as over the top and unrealistic... but us horror lovers should eat it up. At least I did. It was like the icing on the cake. It was mostly an extremely intense (and surprisingly well acted and edited) thriller, but the final bit tickled my fancy in just the right way.

The movie is, of course, not perfect by a long shot.... There are plenty of "durrr" moments that a typical thriller usually has. Overly obvious and unrealistic coincidences and a few moments where I wanted to yell "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!", but honestly it didn't bother me at all... I was along for the ride. As far as I'm concerned, this was just as entertaining as Session 9 and the Machinist, although in a completely different way. This may be a more mainstream Brad Anderson affair, but its a stylish, exciting, and fairly gutsy one at that. Damn I'm shocked.

9/10
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #38664
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
The Call

Well holy shit. I never saw the trailer for this but from the consensus of reviews and general synopsis of this movie, I wasn't expecting much at all. In fact, I was bored as fuck and this was the only thing playing I had any interest in because I saw that Brad Anderson (Session 9, the Machinist) directed this. If you haven't seen the trailer, go and see this right fucking now. If you have, from what I understand you've seen just about the entire movie so it might not be as effective.

This movie was a pure adrenaline rush topped off with a twisted Silence of the Lambs-esque finale. I feel that more mainstream audiences are downright going to reject the final 1/4 of this movie as over the top and unrealistic... but us horror lovers should eat it up. At least I did. It was like the icing on the cake. It was mostly an extremely intense (and surprisingly well acted and edited) thriller, but the final bit tickled my fancy in just the right way.

The movie is, of course, not perfect by a long shot.... There are plenty of "durrr" moments that a typical thriller usually has. Overly obvious and unrealistic coincidences and a few moments where I wanted to yell "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!", but honestly it didn't bother me at all... I was along for the ride. As far as I'm concerned, this was just as entertaining as Session 9 and the Machinist, although in a completely different way. This may be a more mainstream Brad Anderson affair, but its a stylish, exciting, and fairly gutsy one at that. Damn I'm shocked.

9/10
Hmm, interesting. Maybe "WWE films" is getting serious. Dead Man Down looks pretty good, and has a solid director at the helm, and now this.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #38665
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Hmm, interesting. Maybe "WWE films" is getting serious. Dead Man Down looks pretty good, and has a solid director at the helm, and now this.
I liked it but its getting torn apart by critics. Its being called "stupid" and "ludicrous". I certainly don't agree with that, but like I said it isn't necessarily an "intelligent" movie... It just clicked for me, idk I bet a lot of you are going to hate it... It isn't going to win any awards, but it was thrilling... I really liked it.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #38666
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
The Call

9/10
As a Brad Anderson fan, you have given me a little more hope for the film. Was disappointed to see the reviews were not very good.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #38667
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
As a Brad Anderson fan, you have given me a little more hope for the film. Was disappointed to see the reviews were not very good.
I think a lot of the criticism is focused purely at the last 15 minutes of this movie... I mean some people are sayings its one of the worst endings to a movie in years. I just don't see what was so stupid about it....
Old 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #38668
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Detention (2003)

Entertaining B-grade action flick starring Dolph Lundgren. Good for a rainy afternoon.

7/10

The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #38669
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Caught the 3oclock showing of Oz: The Great and Powerful. 8/10

Everyone did a surprisingly good job with the exception of Mila Kunis!

James was suave and honestly it had the feel of Baums work at least in my opinion so it was an enjoyable movie that definitely catered to Family entertainment and by god it acomplished it.

Mila was highly disappointing but I never thought she was a top notch actress anyway.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #38670
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

The Exterminator (1980)-9/10

The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote