What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3781 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 AM   #37801
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Angel (1984) - 9/10
Avenging Angel - 7/10
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #37802
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
Angel (1984) - 9/10
Avenging Angel - 7/10
I loved these films when they first came out.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #37803
Gabberhouse24
The Living Dead

Gabberhouse24 is right behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
You really need to watch The Dollars Trilogy,Unforgiven,3:10 to Yuma,Rio Bravo,Outlaw Of Josey Wales,High Noon,High Plains Drifter,Pale Rider,WESTWORLD etc!

So many westerns better than Tombstone granted I like the film but it's way down the list in the western world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
You're missing out on a fanfuckingtastic Genre my good sir. Honestly right behind Horror westerns is my 2nd favorite Genre. Check out The Wild Bunch next if you can get around to it.

^This! Tombstone although awesome its in the bottom 3 of the barrel. You can watch ALOT of awesome ones on Youtube such as the Trinity movies, some of the lesser known Django movies, and anything with Lee Van Cleef. If ya have any troubles finding a good one hit up some of us who loves this Genre and we'll throw some good ole recommends your way .
What these two said.

Western's are so good. I grew up on these films, my dad was a huge fan and it certainly carried over because so am I. Just started getting into the Django films though, but loved the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBrown View Post
Drive - 10/10

This is really a pretty flawless picture to say the least, that just keeps getting better everytime I watch it. This film has such an amazing atmosphere to the whole of it, with the awesome music choices and cinematography. I love it.

Gangster Squad - 5/10

A 5 is probably being way too generous. There were like 2 or 3 scenes that were actually badass and I really wanted to like this film, but overall the writing and dialogue were unbelievably horrendous, it was over stylized at times, and it pretty much relied on terrible cliches. Penn would have been fantastic if it weren't for such shitty dialogue, it really made him seem lame as shit sometimes. Now, just some of the cliches, which can be considered spoilers so...
Spoiler Below
There's the one cop falling for the big man's girl, there's the absurd car chase that was cartoonish, the big climax fight scene and arrest, the throwing of the badge in the ocean, the storming of the gangster's house by a pissed off cop who can't be held back.
This could have been done so much better.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #37804
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
Gangster Squad - 5/10

A 5 is probably being way too generous. There were like 2 or 3 scenes that were actually badass and I really wanted to like this film, but overall the writing and dialogue were unbelievably horrendous, it was over stylized at times, and it pretty much relied on terrible cliches. Penn would have been fantastic if it weren't for such shitty dialogue, it really made him seem lame as shit sometimes. Now, just some of the cliches, which can be considered spoilers so...
Spoiler Below
There's the one cop falling for the big man's girl, there's the absurd car chase that was cartoonish, the big climax fight scene and arrest, the throwing of the badge in the ocean, the storming of the gangster's house by a pissed off cop who can't be held back.
This could have been done so much better.
What a letdown. I wanted to see it as well...maybe now torrenting only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #37805
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:

Gangster Squad - 5/10

A 5 is probably being way too generous. There were like 2 or 3 scenes that were actually badass and I really wanted to like this film, but overall the writing and dialogue were unbelievably horrendous, it was over stylized at times, and it pretty much relied on terrible cliches. Penn would have been fantastic if it weren't for such shitty dialogue, it really made him seem lame as shit sometimes. Now, just some of the cliches, which can be considered spoilers so... This could have been done so much better.
I have to be honest and say I enjoyed this although I can't deny it was incredibly cliched. Its a gung ho version of the untouchables without the intelligence but I enjoyed it as an easy going popcorn flick. I had no expectations going into this and the hero saves the girl intro fight kinda set the standard.
Midnight-Kroovy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #37806
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
What these two said.

Western's are so good. I grew up on these films, my dad was a huge fan and it certainly carried over because so am I. Just started getting into the Django films though, but loved the original.
Just remember before ya throw down some cash on buying the Django movies that they have ALOT on some of the channels on YouTube so you can find the ones that you like and buy em. I must warn ya though that some of them can be very and I do mean VERY hit and miss.

Last night I watched the Documentary Whores Glory 6/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Check out SolarMovies That's where I watch a majority of mine at without having to d/l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
Over the last few days I've seen...

Fletch (1985) 10/10

Fletch Lives (1989) 7.5/10

The Deadliest Art: The Best of the Martial Arts Films (Doc '92) 7/10

Zombie (1979) 9/10

Night of the Living Dead (1968 ) 9/10

Night of the Living Dead (1990) 8/10

Day of the Dead (1985) 9/10

MST3k - Samson vs. the Vampire Women (1962) 8/10
MST3k - Beginning of the End (1957) 7/10
MST3k - Girls Town (1959) 8/10
MST3k - Werewolf (1995) 10/10
MST3k - Track of the Moon Beast (1976) 10/10
Rifftrax - Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) 8/10
Your list of recently watched flicks blows mine away. Everything I've watched this past week has been either garbage or just something to pass the time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by zaglewiz; 01-31-2013 at 08:53 AM.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #37807
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is one proud Spurs fan!! 5x Champions!!

The dark knight returns parts 1 and 2 - 9/10. Really, really good adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel. Liked how they got Peter Weller aka robocop to voice Bruce. Everyone should go check it out.

End call - 2/10 the premise sounded good but out was actually very hitting and didn't make much sense.
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #37808
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Dante's Inferno (Animated).

Great little flick this one. Loved the depictions of the nine circles. Voice acting was good as well. Graham Mctavish does a great job as Dante.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #37809
Gabberhouse24
The Living Dead

Gabberhouse24 is right behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
The trailer is better than the film. This is one of those situations where I was going to say fuck you to the critics and like it regardless of the ridiculousness, but then I actually ended up agreeing with them.

It seems a bunch of people are still enjoying it though, so you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
I have to be honest and say I enjoyed this although I can't deny it was incredibly cliched. Its a gung ho version of the untouchables without the intelligence but I enjoyed it as an easy going popcorn flick. I had no expectations going into this and the hero saves the girl intro fight kinda set the standard.
I wanted to, and there was a few scenes I did enjoy, but overall it's just so poorly carried out. There was just too many moments where I was like and saying "come on, really!?" aloud to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Just remember before ya throw down some cash on buying the Django movies that they have ALOT on some of the channels on YouTube so you can find the ones that you like and buy em. I must warn ya though that some of them can be very and I do mean VERY hit and miss.
Yeah, I'll probably watch what I can for free and buy the ones I like. That's what I did with the original.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #37810
Colonel Cinematic
The Living Dead

Colonel Cinematic is the real Slim Shady.

End of Watch - 8/10

I really enjoyed this film alot, and the whole chaotic energy of it is what I liked most about it. Usually 'found footage' with music and well known actors doesn't really work for me, but this time I had a blast with it. It's real, with emotion. Some of the acting from the gang was a little over the top, though.
Colonel Cinematic is offline   Reply With Quote