What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3776 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #37751
Santa
The Necromancer
 
Santa's Avatar
Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dol Guldur
Posts: 11,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
So much hate

I like his rant and hate posts. They are so damn over the top, it's hilarious.
__________________
"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
Scott Vogel from Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #37752
Santa
The Necromancer
 
Santa's Avatar
Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dol Guldur
Posts: 11,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
The Possession (2012) - 4.5/10

Some decent acting and three or four awesomely creepy moments save this from being a complete pile of junk. Other than not being a Roman Catholic style exorcist movie this is extremely by the numbers and predictable, the definition of PG-13 horror. Like I said, there are some good moments, especially towards the end. Pretty dull and forgettable.
I disagree. It surely wasn't dull and forgettable, in fact it was one of the better entries in the exorcist department of the genre. It has many moments, in which I cringed and got goosebumbs, for example the scene in the MRI or the little girl itself, who acts brilliantly as the possessed one. Her dark eyes were so eerie.
And it is based on real events, this godamn box really exists and was many times sold on Ebay - with devastating effects for its current owner.
Surely, the story isn't new to the genre, but Ole Bornedal didn't disappoint with this, he made the best out of the template. Good cinematography plus an eerie score adding in and contributing to its effectiveness.
I have seen far worse than this, for example The Last Exorcism or this shitty thing with Hopkins.
It earns a solid 7,5 on my scale.
__________________
"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
Scott Vogel from Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #37753
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator is tired
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 13,069
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
I disagree. It surely wasn't dull and forgettable, in fact it was one of the better entries in the exorcist department of the genre. It has many moments, in which I cringed and got goosebumbs, for example the scene in the MRI or the little girl itself, who acts brilliantly as the possessed one. Her dark eyes were so eerie.
And it is based on real events, this godamn box really exists and was many times sold on Ebay - with devastating effects for its current owner.
Surely, the story isn't new to the genre, but Ole Bornedal didn't disappoint with this, he made the best out of the template. Good cinematography plus an eerie score adding in and contributing to its effectiveness.
I have seen far worse than this, for example The Last Exorcism or this shitty thing with Hopkins.
It earns a solid 7,5 on my scale.
It had its moments. Unfortunately I found many scenes unintentionally humorous and the overall story was predictable and formulaic. No thanks. The little girl made me lol a few times, thought she was below average.

Edit

The use of music stood out though.
__________________

Last edited by The Revelator; 01-29-2013 at 08:55 AM.
The Revelator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #37754
kevinb
Fresh Kill
 
kevinb's Avatar
kevinb has no status.
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 476
Default

Liberal Arts (2012)
I've never watched How I Met Your Mother - Not a single episode - So I'm unfamiliar with the work of Josh Radnor (Lead actor and director) but this film is a treat. Elizabeth Olsen is always wonderful also.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #37755
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...
 
black coffee's Avatar
black coffee has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Paddy's Pub
Posts: 13,925
Send a message via MSN to black coffee
Default

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - 1/10

Indescribably awful. The acting was some of the worst I've ever seen and the movie was stripped from any kind of atmosphere the first two movies had.
__________________
black coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #37756
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse
 
Yggdrasil's Avatar
Yggdrasil is mental decay.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway.
Posts: 2,361
Default

At Close Range (1986) - 7.5/10

Pretty good flick with lots of tension and some terrific performances. Walken is a beast.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #37757
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 9,526
Default

Watership Down 10/10 Classic of course

Superman - Doomsday 7/10
__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #37758
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse
 
Yggdrasil's Avatar
Yggdrasil is mental decay.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway.
Posts: 2,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Watership Down 10/10 Classic of course
I started watching that not long ago, but for some reason I didn't get to finish it. I need to watch the entire film soon.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #37759
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 9,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
I started watching that not long ago, but for some reason I didn't get to finish it. I need to watch the entire film soon.
Absolutely you should! It's a classic has all the narrative and truth in an animated film that you want.
__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #37760
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is The Bad Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 12,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - 1/10

Indescribably awful. The acting was some of the worst I've ever seen and the movie was stripped from any kind of atmosphere the first two movies had.
I watched the first two a few weeks ago and I've been going back on forth on whether I should watch it or not. Guess I should just avoid the rest of the sequels.

Lincoln - 10/10
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC