The Howling (1980) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
BrotherofTears
Rotting Corpse

BrotherofTears has no status.

The beginning of the film is quite slow, but other than that it's a great movie and better than all the "sequels," though I do like some of them. II is a guilty pleasure, III is too but is even more out there, IV is really just a mediocre remake of the original, V is probably the best of the sequels, VI I haven't seen for a long time, but I remember it being ok, and the last one is better off forgotten. Will see the new one, The Howling: Reborn, out of curiosity.

Movies recently seen:

The Boneyard- 6/10
Clash of the Titans '10- 8/10
The Exorcist- 10/10
Wrath of the Titans- 7/10
Zombie- 8/10
BrotherofTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #12
The DeadlySpawn
Rotting Corpse

The DeadlySpawn is made of rats.

I wasn't a big fan of The Howling when I was younger, but it has grown on me over the years.
I hear bad things about the remake. It sounds like it's going to be all Twilightified.
The DeadlySpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
Clockwork Black
Fresh Kill

Clockwork Black is having status like a motherfucker

I hadnt even heard of a remake.

I liked the orginal alright. Wasnt anything to write home about I didnt think. Seen worse for sure though.

MUSIC
Clockwork Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #14
jafdynasty
BANNED

jafdynasty has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"The Howling"........Terrific 1980 werewolf movie starring horror movie vet Dee Wallace. Great special effects.....suspense....humor....fine cast...and wonderful makeup effects. I found the performances from Dee to be hit and miss. I thought alot of her emotional scenes were so forced and a little campy. BUT...her ending scene where her character changed on t.v was top notch. She portrayed horror and sadness all at once with her facial expressions..and that one tear rolling down her cheek was very sad to see. Robert Picardo as "Eddie" was wonderful. Another standout for me was the "Terry" character played wonderfully by Belinda Balaski. She should have recieved a Supporting Actress Saturn Award nomination for this role. I felt so sorry for the character. I also thought the dream sequences with Karen trying to remember her encounter with Eddie to be very effective and riveting. The music score during those scenes is fantastic. All in all The Howling is a riveting classic and one of the alltime best horror movies ever.

9/10

whoah a classic movie... im not born in that year.. but nice effect....
jafdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #15
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"The Howling"........Terrific 1980 werewolf movie starring horror movie vet Dee Wallace. Great special effects.....suspense....humor....fine cast...and wonderful makeup effects. I found the performances from Dee to be hit and miss. I thought alot of her emotional scenes were so forced and a little campy.The childesh crying grates the nerves at times. BUT...her ending scene where her character transformed on t.v was top notch. She portrayed horror and sadness all at once with her facial expressions..and that one tear rolling down her cheek was very sad to see. Robert Picardo as "Eddie" is wonderful. Another standout for me is the "Terry" character played wonderfully by Belinda Balaski. She should have recieved a Supporting Actress Saturn Award nomination for this role. I felt so sorry for the character. I also thought the dream sequences with Karen trying to remember her encounter with Eddie to be very effective and riveting. The music score during those scenes is fantastic. All in all..The Howling is a riveting horror classic and one of the alltime best!

9/10
Old 04-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #16
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

I saw this recently and enjoyed it. Although the first half was slow, the characters were quirky enough to maintain my interest. I'm about to delve into Pt. 2.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 AM   #17
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
I saw this recently and enjoyed it. Although the first half was slow, the characters were quirky enough to maintain my interest. I'm about to delve into Pt. 2.
The first movie is the only one worth watching.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

I want to check out part 2 one day.. Same director as part 3. Phillip Mora. Interesting director, made a few horror movies. Communion being my favourite.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #19
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
The first movie is the only one worth watching.
If you want a good laugh the third one is always available.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
magnaderalpha
Fresh Kill

magnaderalpha has no status.

I could never get into the first Howling movie. It seems too campy for my tastes, particularly everything happening at the camp(lol, I just noticed the pun) retreat. The werewolf effects were cool, but what was up with Dee Wallace turning into a were-shih zsu at the end? LOL!

The second Howling had better atmosphere, IMO, but a more crappier story(and acting).

The third Howling was almost pure comedy.

The fourth was like a psuedo remake of the first, and while I liked the individual looks and transformations of the werewolves(reminded me of the vampires in Fright Night, as they all kinda looked different and unique), it was pretty boring.

The fifth Howling is probably the best one of the series. I enjoyed it the most, as well as the spooky castle atmosphere.

Those are the only ones I've seen, so I can't comment on the others, though considering from what I've heard, it might be great that I steered clear of them.
magnaderalpha is offline   Reply With Quote