CAT III film appreciation - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment > Foreign Entertainment

Foreign Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc. from non US markets.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #21
LaArana
BANNED

LaArana is making it awkward since 1983.

Sex and Zen are great. I dunno a lot that you list. I'll PM IM you about CG.
LaArana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
Philhfc
Fresh Kill

Philhfc has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaArana View Post
Sex and Zen are great. I dunno a lot that you list. I'll PM IM you about CG.
Ok, wonder what it could be... Chocolate Gnome? Had my Easter egg already!

Are Sex and Zen just softcore? Any violence and mayhem in those?
Philhfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
LaArana
BANNED

The situations in Sex and Zen are like... positions you'd NEVER think you'd see - sorta like Russ Meyer films but less cartoony. Other than the AWESOME sex scenes with the most BEAUTIFUL of Asian darlings, the movie is a fucking riot. I laughed my arse off throughout that whole deal. I even gave it an 8 for being... just being what it is. You must see the horse cock transplant and ass-to-ass flute scene. YOU MUST. OR PERISH.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #24
Philhfc
Fresh Kill

Philhfc has no status.

Sounds gurrrd! I bet the sex scenes can't match the 'flying fuckers' in A Chinese Torture Chamber?

And happy birthday man, you're catching up to me!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #25
LaArana
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhfc View Post
And happy birthday man, you're catching up to me!
Vielen Dank. Damn near 3 decades old now. I can feel the ripening taking place : x I scoped out Robotrix today and typed up more words than the movie deserves.

Robotrix ('91) - The present day in Robotrix includes advanced robots - cyborgs. A mad genius kidnaps the son of a King in order to obtain a certain power of many robots to probably slay humanity. The guy doesn't have morals. After disemboweling himself and transferring his thoughts/memories over to his own cyborg creation, the antagonist(Sakamoto) goes on a whore-killing spree. He doesn't just screw the women but pumps the life out of them.
A newly dead cop(Linda AKA actress Chikako A) is resurrected and back on the police force, teamed up with a scientist(her maker of the second time), Anna( AKA actress Amy Yip - another 'borg with no previous memory), and a clumsy crew of officers.
So, it's pretty much cat and mouse from this point onward. Like most CAT3's the acting is silly and the editing/soundtrack, horrible. Everything is average, here. After seeing a couple of other CATs, the violence and OTT bits just don't create much more spark to me. I know The Heroic Trio came out 2 years later, but it's so fucking similar. THT lacks the "bare necessities" of a proper CAT3, so I guess that puts it in IIB? Still, I like THT more even if Amy and Chikako don't offer four perky, well-endowed reasons to view it. 5 / 10

Cool bits to me: random dance scene!
and I LOVE when a person gets run over repeatedly. That just cracks me up. Yes, Robotrix includes one of those.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #26
Philhfc
Fresh Kill

Philhfc has no status.

Yeah, Robotrix isn't the best CAT III out there but it's alright. Heroic Trio probably iib but that's also quite entertaining!
I'll be watching Riki-Oh this after, should be fun!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
LaArana
BANNED

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it. It's not unwatchable, just seemed rehashed(even if that's backwards for me). Rewatchable? Not so much.

I bought a shit copy of The Heroic Trio from this eBay seller in HK. The guy implied that it was the full-length, uncut version. Those Tai Seng releases are damn elusive 'n' scarce(the good ones).

The Story of Ricky - Just the mere thought of its existence puts me in good spirits. You'll love it.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:06 AM   #28
LaArana
BANNED

Red to Kill ('94) - Whoa. I had to take a shower after this one. It's probably one of the most bleak movies I've seen ... utterly depraved, for my viewing pleasure.

Billy Tang was really holding out with his previous film, Run and Kill. Although, binding then setting a 5 year old kid ablaze was pretty extreme. You can see that done comically here:

This isn't a full-on review 'cause I'm too tired for all that. I will say that Mr Chan, the serial killer / rapist is one of the most fucked up villains I've ever known. That being said, the first 7 minutes of RED TO KILL entail: defenestration, infanticide, suicide, rape, murder, necrophilia. Now that's entertainment, folks.

I grabbed a few of my favorite shots in "Engrish" for display:

Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #29
Philhfc
Fresh Kill

Philhfc has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaArana View Post
Red to Kill ('94) - Whoa. I had to take a shower after this one. It's probably one of the most bleak movies I've seen ... utterly depraved, for my viewing pleasure.

Billy Tang was really holding out with his previous film, Run and Kill. Although, binding then setting a 5 year old kid ablaze was pretty extreme. You can see that done comically here:

This isn't a full-on review 'cause I'm too tired for all that. I will say that Mr Chan, the serial killer / rapist is one of the most fucked up villains I've ever known. That being said, the first 7 minutes of RED TO KILL entail: defenestration, infanticide, suicide, rape, murder, necrophilia. Now that's entertainment, folks.

I grabbed a few of my favorite shots in "Engrish" for display:

Hahaha! Yeah, Red To Kill is fuckin mental. I have another Billy Tang movie, Daughter of Darkness ready to watch later, even the torrent has warning tags allover it lol. Ya never know what he's capable of next, that Billy Tang. Lower-than-a-snails-arse-cinema, i love it!

Riki-Oh was superb! It looked cheap and nasty compared to other Cat 3's but i think most of the budget went on the gore! So thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #30
LaArana
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhfc View Post
Hahaha! Yeah, Red To Kill is fuckin mental. I have another Billy Tang movie, Daughter of Darkness ready to watch later, even the torrent has warning tags allover it lol. Ya never know what he's capable of next, that Billy Tang. Lower-than-a-snails-arse-cinema, i love it!

Riki-Oh was superb! It looked cheap and nasty compared to other Cat 3's but i think most of the budget went on the gore! So thanks for the heads up on that.
Mental. That's a play on words, a? Seriously, this is why I love the Chinese. You won't find anything like that in Western movies. R2K makes Irreversible pale in comparison[regarding the rape].

Riki-Oh is a CAT3 that is pretty distinguishable from the rest. It doesn't take itself seriously and is OTT just like the comic / manga. No sex - just pure, unadulterated violence, mayhem, and gore.

Tags
cat iii, extreme, hong kong, rating, violence