Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 02-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #21
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is Eenek-chock!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Anyone playing the new AvP and have any thoughts? Ive heard nothing but bad news. The multiplayer is supposed to be where this game is at yet since the three campaigns are the same repetitive nonsense for about 4 hours each. Ive heard the controls for multiplayer (mainly Aliens) are simply horrible.
I was wondering the same thing. I saw it on the shelves the other day, but i'm not about to pay $60 for it after all the negative things i've been hearing.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #22
Jeremy-V1
BANNED

Jeremy-V1 is Banned!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy-V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardigian View Post
fair point. but there's a different to me when it's simply timed quarters in a game, opposed to having 30 seconds to get from point A to point B when I prefer to take my time and enjoy the environment in a game, opposed to rushing through it.
You don't have to rush through the game if you don't want to. Sure it bases your medals off how fast and how many times you didn't crash, but until you want to play like that you can play it however you want.
Jeremy-V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
horror_movie_girl
It... Won't... Die...

horror_movie_girl is checking into Arkham Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to horror_movie_girl

Quote:
Anyone playing the new AvP and have any thoughts? Ive heard nothing but bad news. The multiplayer is supposed to be where this game is at yet since the three campaigns are the same repetitive nonsense for about 4 hours each. Ive heard the controls for multiplayer (mainly Aliens) are simply horrible.
I played it for a bit and got bored with it. My husband played it for about an hour and he was bored with it to. I didn't play the multiplayer section..I was hoping for more action through the campaigns...and the dialogue was horrible.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable
horror_movie_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #24
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

Quote:

After some reviews I'm going to wait until this thing is offered to me for less than 15.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #25
Jeremy-V1
BANNED

Jeremy-V1 is Banned!!

Sony's Universal Controller
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #26
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

I don't understand why you write for the Dallas examiner? plus, those are free. do you actually get paid?
mardigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #27
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
I don't understand why you write for the Dallas examiner? plus, those are free. do you actually get paid?
I'm guessing not. However, it's always something to put on a resume, if you want to follow a writing career.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
Jeremy-V1
BANNED

Jeremy-V1 is Banned!!

Quote:
I'm not sure why you're seeing Dallas since I'm listed as the St. Louis Console Game Examiner. It wouldn't surprise me if the site was having an error or two, for a few weeks the spacing for articles was all off and no matter how you tried it you couldn't fix it yourself.

Yes, I do get paid. I get paid for page views and for what content I post (hence the reason for less reviews and more news tidbits...that and I don't always have time to get a review up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I'm guessing not. However, it's always something to put on a resume, if you want to follow a writing career.
Nah I get paid man, not enough to make a living from, but enough to keep me writing. It's also exactly why I'm doing it, to get better at writing (you can always improve) and to have it on my resume. My plan has been to write for Examiner for a year or two before applying for a job at Twingalaxies.com or Digitalspy.com. I know it's a long shot, but I figured if I worked at it I could take it somewhere. Since I'm not banking my whole life around it I don't have to feel pressure if it doesn't pan out (I'd just keep writing for Examiner). In the end I'm just happy to be able to write about video games.

Last edited by Jeremy-V1; 02-21-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #29
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

not sure. I went to main site and it directed me to Dallas. either way, it's a great piece to throw on a resume if you continue to pursue your writing interests. what does the average check look like?

I was thinking of picking up Perfect Dark Zero. does anyone know if you can do local co-op on the campaign?

and what's the buzz on Final Fantasy 13? I've been in the mood for a JRPG. I considered giving Lost Odyssey another try, but remembered how annoyed I was by the characters. the GI review of FF13 said the combat system was great, which was my main concern towards the game. I was just curious if anyone's excited for it, or just kinda 'meh'.

Last edited by mardigian; 02-21-2010 at 03:54 PM.
mardigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #30
sarsoor
BANNED

sarsoor has no status.

Send a message via MSN to sarsoor Send a message via Skype™ to sarsoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post

After some reviews I'm going to wait until this thing is offered to me for less than 15.
Asda usually have great offers on games. If I remember correctly I think Call of Duty was for 25 Pounds when it was released while other stores like Game were selling them for 45.
sarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaming discussions, news and reviews, video game banter, video games