E-Readers - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Old 11-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #21
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Dark Mark is a freelance exorcist.

I just donít have room for any more books. Couple that with the fact that when Borders closed taking another chain with it I was suddenly finding it harder to find the books I wanted to read, so rather than importing books I got a Kindle and download them immediately for far less. I love my Kindle and have only bought one real paper book since getting it last march.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #22
Cebonation04
Demigod

Cebonation04 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Cebonation04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mark View Post
I just donít have room for any more books. Couple that with the fact that when Borders closed taking another chain with it I was suddenly finding it harder to find the books I wanted to read, so rather than importing books I got a Kindle and download them immediately for far less. I love my Kindle and have only bought one real paper book since getting it last march.
Which Kindle do you have?
Old 11-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #23
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyersisgod View Post
Which Kindle do you have?
Standard Kindle 3 Wifi. If it has any drawback the screen is rather fragile*. Someone knocked it out of my hand after 2 months and it cracked. The latest generation look OK but I prefer a keyboard to a touch screen any day.

*Note if this happens to yours deny having dropped or knocked it etc. when you phone customer support when they ask and they will still fix it for free.

Last edited by Dark Mark; 11-27-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Dark Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
Cebonation04
Demigod

Cebonation04 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Cebonation04

Quote:
Standard Kindle 3 Wifi. If it has any drawback the screen is rather fragile*. Someone knocked it out of my hand after 2 months and it cracked. The latest generation look OK but I prefer a keyboard to a touch screen any day.

*Note if this happens to yours deny having dropped or knocked it etc. when you phone customer support when they ask and they will still fix it for free.
I have Staples product care and they will replace it if that happens.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #25
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse

scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull

Quote:
I have to agree with just about everything you said.I have saved so much since I picked up my Nook. I love the fact that many authors are making individual short stories available as well. I still pick up the odd book now and then (stuff from publishers like Cematery Dance0 but ever since Borders tanked,I've been going for the ebooks.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #26
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyersisgod View Post
I have Staples product care and they will replace it if that happens.
If I had know I would have taken out some extra cover but the warranties available on the Amazon site were all US only. I just treat it with kid gloves now. I don't know what "Staples" is.

Last edited by Dark Mark; 11-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Dark Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #27
Helle
Not Dead Yet

Helle is Zombies rule, vampires drool!

I use my iphone as an e-reader. They have an app for everything now a days.
Helle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #28
Alan Ryker
Not Dead Yet

Alan Ryker has no status.

I have a Kindle 3 and love it. I can barely bring myself to hold a real book anymore. And with Project Gutenberg, you get basically every classic book for free.

I read off of my phone, too. They finally developed an RSVP (rapid serial visual presentation) app for Android. It's called Speed Reader. It's free. You can use it to blast books into your eyes one word at a time at about 3 times the speed you can usually read. Not the way to enjoy a book with pretty language, but when your'e just reading for the story, it's pretty awesome.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #29
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryker View Post
I have a Kindle 3 and love it. I can barely bring myself to hold a real book anymore. And with Project Gutenberg, you get basically every classic book for free.
I felt like that for a good few months before I read a paper book. I've got so many in a tbr pile it was unavoidable. Another thing I discovered the other night was not to use the Kindle 3 as a web browser. As well as being a horrible experience I managed to crash the devise and it took forever for me to figure out how to reboot it again
Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #30
Helle
Not Dead Yet

Helle is Zombies rule, vampires drool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryker View Post

I read off of my phone, too. They finally developed an RSVP (rapid serial visual presentation) app for Android. It's called Speed Reader. It's free. You can use it to blast books into your eyes one word at a time at about 3 times the speed you can usually read. Not the way to enjoy a book with pretty language, but when your'e just reading for the story, it's pretty awesome.
The Speed Reader app sounds interesting. Maybe someday I'll look into getting an e-reader but for now I'm just too lazy and will continue to use my iphone. I gather most people are happy with the kindle brand the most.
Helle is offline   Reply With Quote