Videodrome (1983) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #11
T1000416
Fresh Kill
 
T1000416's Avatar
T1000416 has no status.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 351
Send a message via AIM to T1000416
Default

Was gonna buy it today, but $40 was a bit much for me.
__________________
T1000416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
mehem
Fresh Kill
 
mehem's Avatar
mehem has no status.
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: dumfukinstan
Posts: 613
Default

the brood is still my favorite,but videodrome is a very good flick(i also really like shivers,dead zone,scanners,history,naked lunch,rapid,and the fly)...david truely is one of the great talents in film,only lynch and tsukomoto can come close to that type of horror...can't wait for i kill & london fields...and if you freaks haven't seen them i would ck out his early tv stuff & short films...
mehem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

So...as somebody who ha snever seen it, should I spend 20-30 bucks on the Criterion DVD or 10 bucks on the regular DVD? Is one uncut and the other cut or is it just a matter of special features and shit? Is the movie even gory or anything like that? I don't know much about it at all.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
Last Girl Standing
Fresh Kill
 
Last Girl Standing's Avatar
Last Girl Standing has no status.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
So...as somebody who ha snever seen it, should I spend 20-30 bucks on the Criterion DVD or 10 bucks on the regular DVD? Is one uncut and the other cut or is it just a matter of special features and shit? Is the movie even gory or anything like that? I don't know much about it at all.
I own the Criterion version..but I bought it for the special features. Mainly, the round table discussion between a young Carpenter, Cronenberg and Landis on an early 80's interview show. That was pretty cool. But as for the film itself, you couldn't go wrong by getting the regular dvd.
Last Girl Standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #15
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Girl Standing View Post
I own the Criterion version..but I bought it for the special features. Mainly, the round table discussion between a young Carpenter, Cronenberg and Landis on an early 80's interview show. That was pretty cool. But as for the film itself, you couldn't go wrong by getting the regular dvd.
Sweet...I'm not huge into special features anyway.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #16
tibber
Rotting Corpse
 
tibber's Avatar
tibber has no status.
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,123
Send a message via AIM to tibber Send a message via Yahoo to tibber
Default

if i were you dobe, i'd rent it first. it's a strange film. of course, i love it because i'm a cronenberg fanboy.
tibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #17
Cotton the Egg Man
Rotting Corpse
 
Cotton the Egg Man's Avatar
Cotton the Egg Man has no status.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ypsi!
Posts: 2,160
Send a message via AIM to Cotton the Egg Man
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
Sweet...I'm not huge into special features anyway.
I dunno, that interview sounds pretty interesting to me! but yeah videodrome is pretty twisted, i'd say buy it just because it has some profoundly odd moments. one part that stands out is when this guy gets shot, and explodes into tumors that tear his body apart - it's pretty sick, you'll love it!
__________________
myspace: thefeelofcotton

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmilkman87 View Post
i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
How did he know?!~
Cotton the Egg Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #18
Kupotek
Send... More... Paramedics
 
Kupotek's Avatar
Kupotek is es un gato loco con un cuchillo.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Φ (USA)
Posts: 9,607
Send a message via AIM to Kupotek
Default

Before Miike, Videodrome was the trippiest horror movie I had ever seen.
__________________
KITTYSAFE.NET
Facebook | Website
| For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |
Kupotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #19
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton the Egg Man View Post
I dunno, that interview sounds pretty interesting to me! but yeah videodrome is pretty twisted, i'd say buy it just because it has some profoundly odd moments. one part that stands out is when this guy gets shot, and explodes into tumors that tear his body apart - it's pretty sick, you'll love it!
Sounds like a bit of sex.

(I don't mean actual intercourse )
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #20
SinEater
Not Dead Yet
 
SinEater's Avatar
SinEater has no status.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 37
Default

i just dont get it =(
SinEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC